Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 649751 times)

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.0 links updated!
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2014, 10:08:45 am »
Thanks Man
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Wilhelm_II

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] version 5 finally here!
« Reply #421 on: January 10, 2014, 11:57:02 am »
Sorry to keep asking questions, but how can I replace the new British rifles skin with the old 95th one? Simply overwriting the new skins with the old meshes and textures doesn't work, the character appears with its head floating above the ground with its body on top of it.
Anyone?
Here's an image of what it looks like

I think there must be some files I didn't replace or something because you can clearly see they're just a mixture of 95th and 60th riflemen at the moment. When I'm far away from them they are just the regular 60th riflemen, but when you get close they turn in this abomination

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #422 on: January 10, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »
Sorry to keep asking questions, but how can I replace the new British rifles skin with the old 95th one? Simply overwriting the new skins with the old meshes and textures doesn't work, the character appears with its head floating above the ground with its body on top of it.
Anyone?
Here's an image of what it looks like
[close]

I think there must be some files I didn't replace or something because you can clearly see they're just a mixture of 95th and 60th riflemen at the moment. When I'm far away from them they are just the regular 60th riflemen, but when you get close they turn in this abomination

That looks like it's because you've imported a static mesh into openbrf, try importing a rigged mesh. The other alternative is to use a simple copy paste between the vanilla brf and the new one :)

Although having another look, it does look buggy as hell, it seems strange that units are missing their heads... At this point I would say replace the bugged brf with the backup enhancement one and start again:

1. Delete the rilfle torso meshes and lods from the brf
2. open the vanilla brf and find the rifle torsos, select them and copy paste them into the enhancement brf
3. right click on the meshes and select "compute lods"

^ this should work as the original rifle files are still there, the 95th files weren't replaced so they're still there
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:28:21 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Wilhelm_II

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 10, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »
Well, that seems to be working. At least, there's no issues I can notice. Thanks.

Also I am reminded of the Gentlemen of the Row/Steelport mods for Saints Row 2/3/4 which had an installer that was a batch file that let you select which parts of the mod to install, and then it would compile the files with the parts you wanted in it. I wonder if something similar could be done with this? I imagine all you'd need is a command line BRF editor.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:20:34 pm by Wilhelm_II »

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #424 on: January 10, 2014, 04:09:35 pm »
That was changed due to the fact in group testing people kept confusing them with the Freikorp Line. Not everyone is a Prussian Military Uniform expert and confusing line and rifles hurts :p.

Parrot should consider maybe an Alternate Riflemen mini mod or something since some people want the 95th back too.

Then I dont see the point in even adding them. The uniform in its state does not repressent any historicall unit and does look pretty silly compared to the rest of the prussian uniforms.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2014, 05:37:06 pm »
That was changed due to the fact in group testing people kept confusing them with the Freikorp Line. Not everyone is a Prussian Military Uniform expert and confusing line and rifles hurts :p.

Parrot should consider maybe an Alternate Riflemen mini mod or something since some people want the 95th back too.

Then I dont see the point in even adding them. The uniform in its state does not repressent any historicall unit and does look pretty silly compared to the rest of the prussian uniforms.

This argument is pretty moot as this isn't a Historical Accuracy mod (double check the OP!) but a one based on general aesthetics, the Austrian Landwehr regiments only served guard duty for a couple of months after being called up and I believe the current British Guard saw minor action in only the War of 1812. Not to mention the 63e uniform is several years out of date and most of the Officers seem to be wearing bicorn hats. I'm not even sure the Prussian Grenadiers wore those hats post 1805 too.

They were added simply to given Prussia a little more visual variety (Prussia and Russia in the previous update had identically improved Riflemen).

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2014, 08:43:19 pm »
Millander heard me gripe in teamspeak about the 63e uniform and how it was the old coat which was supposed to be phased out in 1812 by the "Bardin Uniform." As well as the fact that only the voltigeur companies would have the yellow cuffs and even then it was uncommon. All of that being said though, I actually do like the 63e uniform, it's interesting and not totally historically inaccurate, just inaccurate for the setting of the mod.

About this though, although some of the other skins that may not be considered "accurate" to the setting (Austrian Landwehr, British Guards, 63e, Prussian Grenadiers) they're still based on real, historic uniforms. The point that Millander is trying to make is that all of the other skins are at least real uniforms from a real regiment but the Prussian jager skin has no historical background at all, it's just a made up uniform. I personally like the color combo and I think it looks interesting but I understand Millander's point of view and he is right, it's not accurate to any degree.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:42 pm »
Don't forget that the Prussians really don't have a light infantry hat slot. They really just have two hats for line which they all share, the common line infantry shako and the peaked forage cap.

If you give those Riflemen the Austrian style Riflemen hat half of the Prussian Army would technically also wear it :p It is pretty much a Catch 22 argument re guarding the hat. Sadly, nobody seems to have pointed out the positive side of that unit (some wear their greatcoats others wear their coats in the field. This seems pretty cool).

If it ruffles some feathers I can suggest the following really: A) Learn to skin and model and put in whatever the heck you want as a replacement or B) Ask Parrot nicely to upload the tweaked Freikorp Rifles skin so you can replace the current guys with those ones.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2014, 10:52:05 pm »
Like I said, I really don't mind them, they're interesting, but I can see Millander's point and it's a valid one.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2014, 11:03:10 pm »
Like I said, I really don't mind them, they're interesting, but I can see Millander's point and it's a valid one.

Oh it is a valid one. But Prussian uniform design and DLC assets are both annoyingly limited :p

Offline HUNK_the_4th

• Private
  • Mine is the Fury!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2014, 12:05:11 am »
Hi to you creators of this mode (awesome mod by the way, great looking Austrian and French armies).
But here, im here to report to you a very unfortunate bug it seems in the latest 5.0 version of the Epic Enhanced mod of NW.

heres 2 links of screenshots I took from my Warband game :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215062329   
the beard me and one of my friend are trying to apply on our character in NW game and;
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215062394
and here is what happens once we accept the configuration of our character. As you can clearly see, the beard is no longer... existing. It's being replaced by a moustache we really dont want to have on our character, and even in game on the NW_Official_NA1 server and other NW servers, we get our character this hugly stache on the face of our character...

So ya, we believe the V5.0 caused that, and to all other beard, since he and I tried all other beard, with all possible accessories with the beards, and it always ends up with a moustache attached with the crippled eye or the cigar, etc...

TY for your comprehension.

HUNK the 4th

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2014, 12:10:17 am »
Will we be getting an update on the Lite version perhaps? ;)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 11, 2014, 12:26:38 am »
He's got it planned. He is also working on a trailer for this thing and the Blood And Iron Edition.

Offline Roald Hoffmann

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #433 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:33 pm »
This looks all pretty cool mate, only the fact some corpses don't fall down is pretty weird. Might fix that little issue? :)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:20 pm »
This looks all pretty cool mate, only the fact some corpses don't fall down is pretty weird. Might fix that little issue? :)

Putting your ragdolls to unlimited is mandatory for this mod for those animations to work with them.