Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 648747 times)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
New reload looks neat. Thanks for having a link to the vanilla smoke some of our guys have needed them for events xD

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline InUrBase, EatingUrBacon

• First Lieutenant
  • Heil Hillary
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]TheFlood_ChrisPBacon
The pure badassery of the Dutch and Guard Cossack lancer skins alone make this mod worth it.
Quote from loyal PLG cultist
yeah i'm so glad i joined this respectful, loving christian regiment that in no way makes me feel ashamed of my race.
[close]

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
The bird. I want my board bird back. I feel dirty killing a textured animal.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
The BFII sword animations will be availible through a small add-on download thingy :P
And the update fixes the smoke, it's just as thick, but doesn't hang around as long and is at least 50% more transparent.

Tiroler Jäger Kompagnie des Lützow'schen Freikorps - New Prussian rifle unit
[close]
Based on...

[close]
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Don't forget the hat! :)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Just been beta testing the 70% complete version the new weather and ground textures are nice looking. I'm happy to see the stripes for the NCO too.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
My method for fulfilling requests.
I've got time to kill I'll help answer some requests with instructions for each.

Would love to see a version that doesn't change sword and other various weapon attacking animations. Some of them are fundamentally broken, where the animations don't sync up with actual hitbox so invisible range is a huge issue. Some of the animations also can't keep up with high amounts of feinting making it impossible to block. I'd rather not have to download an older version, all the other changes are awesome and I don't want to miss out on those

Thanks!

To replace sword attack animations

Sword Overswing
1. open the ani_attacks BRF file in Napoleonic Wars module folder (enhancement) -> Resource folder with the openBRF tool

2. find the 'attacks_single_overswing' animation and rename to anything but 'attacks_single_overswing_old' (for example 'attacks_single_overswing_new')

3. rename 'attacks_single_overswing_old' to 'attacks_single_overswing'

To ensure the overhead holding attack is not strange:

Find the (vanilla) NW 'actions' text document copy that and replace in your (enhancement) NW folder overwriting 'actions'.txt
this will replace the pistol reload animation with original, but most importantly fix the overhead swing ready/hold to original. This still keeps the standing animation but only the musket held to the left shoulder one instead of the others in a cycle, and the surrender salute.

Sword Thrust
1. open the ani_attacks BRF file in Napoleonic Wars module folder (enhancement) -> Resource folder with the openBRF tool

2. find the 'attacks_thrust_onehanded' animation and rename to anything but 'attacks_thrust_onehanded_old' (for example 'attacks_thrust_onehanded_new')

3. rename 'attacks_thrust_onehanded_old' to 'attacks_thrust_onehanded'

To replace the musket reloading animation
1. open the mmanimations BRF file in Resource folder with the openBRF tool
2. find the 'man_reload' animation and remove or rename to anything but 'man_reload_old' as that name is the one you are renaming next.
3. find the 'man_reload_old' animation rename the animation to specifically 'man_reload'

The bird. I want my board bird back. I feel dirty killing a textured animal.

Well I knew these edits were not without error in that case...

Open your Napoleonic Wars module folder (the enhancement one) -> Resource folder and find the mmsceneprops BRF file

Keep your mmsceneprops BRF file as is, in this case it involves tweaking the BRF file with the recommended openBRF tool

1. Remove from mmsceneprops BRF file the meshes 'FALCON_1, FALCON_1.1, birdmodel, birdmodel.1' and keep the 'birdmodel_old' mesh and rename the 'birdmodel_old' mesh to 'birdmodel'

2. Remove from mmsceneprops BRF file in the Mat(erial) tab 'EAGLE2' and Te(xture) tab 'EAGLE2.dds'

That should replace the bird with the original wooden bird mesh and not cause any errors after removing the material & texture is for good measure. That's it.

Bird of proof
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:25:02 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
You think you could include the new background for the outer edges of the map in the Lite version? Thanks.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
You think you could include the new background for the outer edges of the map in the Lite version? Thanks.

I'm afraid the Lite version will only be sounds, animations, and the new UI. However some adventurous people have taken the horizons from the full mod and added it to their Lite version. It's pretty easy as most of the stuff if contained in the pm_xxxxxx.brf files, apart from a couple of textures and materials (in mmtextures etc, have a look using openbrf's material link feature), the skybox data text files (located in data), the lines that enable the brfs and disable the old brfs in module.ini, and of course the textures which all have a "pm" prefix.

I also wouldn't replace the bird the way Navy mentioned, it will do it but it will also revert a bunch of material changes I made to fit the new environment and new meshes.

EDIT: Since he's updated it, it's okay :P simply replacing the brf would change a bunch of other stuff, but changing the name of the bird mesh in the aforementioned brf and the eagle name will bring back the blob bird...

You'll find that for quite a few things, the original materials and possibly even meshes (especially animations) are still in their original brfs with a simple "_old" postfix or similar. Removing this postfix and deleting or renaming the new one will revert whatever it is you want to revert back to it's vanilla form.

Should be a couple more days until the update is ready and fully polished off....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:01:01 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_Cpt_Charlie
  • Side: Confederacy
Parrot your mod (V4) got hungry and ate my skybox  :'(
even with verifying game cache I still dont have one

On the third re-installment I have it back.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:47:37 pm by CharlieWJM »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Excited for the next release, any chance we can get Beta's "Garde Chasseurs a Cheval" uniform in there for the Frenchies? We can't just leave out the Emperor's Favorite Children :P

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
Shameless subscription post.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Excited for the next release, any chance we can get Beta's "Garde Chasseurs a Cheval" uniform in there for the Frenchies? We can't just leave out the Emperor's Favorite Children :P

They'd be a good replacement for the French Dragoons :).

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Aye, the dragoons or the hussars, personally I wish the game had chasseurs a cheval, even the line chasseurs would have been cool, they're my favorite French cavalry unit

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
Update Release

After the wait, the next release for the enhancement mod is here! It's jam-packed with all sorts of awesome new things to make your NW experience better than ever before. Check out the list of changes below the download link...

The update from version 4 to version 5 can be downloaded here!

Full mod installer coming soon...

Update Includes:
- Awesome new sailors made by SA member Pants
- Realistic and faction specific ranks
- New female voices for Britain, Prussia, and Austria
- Return of Austrian line infantry
- Austrian Prague Landwehr
- Austrian Grenzers replaced with Salzburg Stadt Schützen
- Inclusion of Polished Landscapes textures and some meshes (hosted by Delzaros, made by Gutekfiutek, converted by Parrot)
- Updated NCO uniforms for all factions
- French 45e replaced with 63e Infantry of the Line
- Graham's 3rd Regiment of Foot for Britain
- Updated French Captain's uniform using Viktor's Marine Officer tunic
- New bird mesh and texture
- New piano and organ songs from Pants
- New weather sounds
- Updated some environment meshes from Native (most notably the wood pile that had all of 3 polygons)
- New general environment sounds
- Bug fixes for animations (especially death animations)
- New reload animation and sound
- New pistol equip animation
- Reverted Bear Force II sword swing animations back to vanilla ones
- Added Hinkel's beards from North and South
- Unlocked more accessories for your character (with beards there are now 100 options for customization)
- Used Willhelm's knowledge to add two more horses to artillery trains
- Smoke, rain, and snow should all be fixed
- Various other bug fixes and minor tweaks
- New easter eggs

(screenshots coming soon)

Thanks to everyone that has helped me on this update! Nurdbot for his knowledge, pictures, and testing; Willhelm for his tips; Hinkel for his beards; USNavy for testing; and everyone else that contributed skins, meshes, etc.

Now you'll be looking back at the screenshots and thinking, "how can I get my Warband looking that good?" so inside this spoiler, you'll find the settings that I run Warband on (bear in mind that I can play it on these settings on a three year old laptop with great performance)

Recommended settings
- Antialisasing: x2
- Shadow Quality: High
- Texture detail: 100%
- Shader Quality: High
- HDR Mode: Low
- Use high contrast tonemap: Yes
- Use depth effects: Yes
- Grass density: 54%
- Realistic shadows on plants: Full
- Tree detail: High
- Tree degreade distrance: 50%
- Character detail: High
- Character shadow detail: High
- Number of corpses: 150
- Number of rag dolls: Unlimited
- Blood stains: On
- Dynamic Lighting: Yes
- Character shadows: Yes
- Environment shadows: Yes
- High detail particle systems: Yes
- Anisotropic filtering: Yes
- Fast water reflections: No
[close]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:57:33 pm by Parrot »