Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 648801 times)

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
I'm loving the mod.  8)

Two questions:
1. Can you tell me how to get the old Austrian and Hungarian line infantry back though?
The new ones are nice but I prefer the white coated originals.
2. How can I get the old highlander ostrich feather hat back?

I've tried removing them manually and I've tried swapping them out but it just crashes.

On a side note:
One of the new death screams goes on for evvvvvvvvvvver, no.14 I think, not sure if it was intentionally that long.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:59:04 am by Crayon »
A Major Bastard

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
  • Side: Union
What is the music called from the Setup? :)
It's from Crusader Kings II.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Majora

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Love the pack apart from the new sword animations, they are nice, but make it extremely hard to see which attack is what; Is there a possibility of a version without this animation?

Offline Zalva

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hello if i download the mod can i remove certain animations and uniforms? and add others from other mods?.

Offline Majora

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I'm sure if you back up the original animation files before downloading you can copy them back into the game directory afterwards and you can reset the animations back to how they were, as for skins its a little more complicated because if multiple classes use a model/texture you may screw it up and have to verify your game cache.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:24:11 pm by Majora »

Offline Wilhelm_II

• Private
    • View Profile
Hello if i download the mod can i remove certain animations and uniforms? and add others from other mods?.
Yeah, download OpenBRF and then go to the \modules\Napoleonic Wars\resources folder and play around with the brfs. I think the sword anims are in ani_attacks.brf and the general anims are in mmanimations.brf. The old sword anims are still in the ani_attacks.brf so you can just delete the new ones and rename the old ones.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
Update progress news thingy for the next patch:

- New female voices are slowly making progress, I have the British and German ones done so far (this ties in with my Blood and Iron enhancement work
- Austrian infantry fixes:
      - Switch Stadtschützen to the Grenzer spot and bring back one of the original Austrian line infantry (this will only happen if I'm able to get around the shako sharing issue)
      - Austrian Grenadiers to be reskinned
- Finished adding Polished Landscapes
- Fixed the smoke effects
- French basic line infantry to get a slight uniform modification
- Added realistic, or improved, ranks in each faction's own language with English translation
- NCOs have been given stripes for better identification (Ensigns and Colour Bearers have been changed to Colour Sergeants to reflect this - yes I did my research on the stripes, Corporals and Bombardiers have two, Sergeants have three)
- Fixed a bug with the skyboxes which causes two suns to appears on some maps (I hope it's completely fixed)
- New environment sounds (thunder, lightening, rain, etc)
- Received permission from Willhelm to add the three horses to the artillery trains from Blood and Iron
- Revert the sword swinging animations to the vanilla ones

So there's plenty for me to do for you guys :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new death screams are supposed to last longer than you might think, although the bodies don't writhe around in pain it's supposed to create the atmosphere of dying men on the battle field.

The music I used in the last installer was , an amazing game with an epic score, pick it up in the Steam sale if you can!

Oh, and with the new update for Blood and Iron, I've created an enhancement pack for that as well, check it out here, I'll be adding more stuff as I get more ways to improve it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:37:37 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Matt Lewis

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Baron de la Compagnie d'Ourche
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baron Matt Lewis
Brilliant work, thanks to you  :)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
Have a couple of screenshots of the environment...

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:15:09 am by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
Swaggy

Offline Poney

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
I got a question, I downloaded and installed the mod and everything worked just fine.

Since my game was quite a mess, I decided to verify the cache using steam (because why not). Then, I wanted to install your mod again, but it now tells me that I need Napoleonic Wars installed ?

Pls help  :'(

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
I got a question, I downloaded and installed the mod and everything worked just fine.

Since my game was quite a mess, I decided to verify the cache using steam (because why not). Then, I wanted to install your mod again, but it now tells me that I need Napoleonic Wars installed ?

Pls help  :'(

There was something similar that happened not to long ago, just launch NW and join a server, that will give you a certificate and you'll be able to install mods from exes again  ;)

Offline Poney

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Works fine now, thank you for your help and mostly for this awesome pack \o/

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
That looks sick! I need those textures now!

Offline 15thHussars_Mimer

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Hello can anyone help me to install this