Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 649893 times)

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Epic Enhancement [overhaul mod]
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 06:17:24 pm »

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »
This mod now needs new explosion effects, more gore, more people writhing on the ground in pain after being killed and a complete retexture of all units!  ;D

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 01:58:31 am »
Some probs I've seen.

The 42nd have yellow facings for some reason

The 51st Officer and 2nd Coldstream also have yellow facings

44th have the wrong shako plate

No new flags D:
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 12:11:35 am »
Never seen you before.  :)
Who?

Peter Broetz.
Well I have never seen him the the mod threads.Mainly trolling in the regiments thead

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 02:27:48 am »
Some probs I've seen.

No new flags D:

Also the 51st has the 44th number on  their pack.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:32 am »
Some probs I've seen.

No new flags D:

Also the 51st has the 44th number on  their pack.

Ah yeah, those are some things that I'll have to get on when I get more time to go over them in photoshop, at the moment I can work on small updates that don't require lots of time painting things XD

Anyway, here's some screenshots of the stuff I've been working on for the update:

Russian Marshal

Based off:

[close]

Animations preview

[close]
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 04:36:45 am »
The next update for this is coming along!

Completed so far:
- Added four new idle/standing animations that change every time you stand still (no more robotic soldiers in your line, this isn't a parade anyway)
- New aiming animation
- New Landwehr skin, replaced Doctor Scherzando's one with Devmc99's skin
- New loading screen
- Replaced loading texts with era related quotes
- Added two new soundtracks to the menu, will now cycle through them so you don't have to listen to the same song

To do for this update:
- Find new skins for the Austrian line infantry
     + Devmc99's 14. Austrian Infantry skin is a possibility, but I'll need to find a away to stop them from using the same shako as the rest of the Austrian army
- Look into replacing the current KGL uniform with Devmc99's 5. KGL skin

To do for the future:
- Take the time and add mud and dirt to all factions' uniforms, this is war get your hands dirty boy-o!

Oh and I'll get a video/trailer type thing done for this mod as well, need to find time to sit down and record and edit it into something awesome!

I have also found a new spy glass texture (what you see when you look through your spy glass), and some new building textures. I'll work on integrating those into the pack as well.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »
Will you be adding different running/walking animations too?  ;D

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
  • One, who prefer to be Comrade that Human Resource
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »
Don't you think, that at least asking for a permission to use animations would be good idea? :)

Personally I don't think, that these standing animations look good together. Original one and right one are very official. If you want it to look "less robotic", you should use animations where soldiers stands in more "bored" positions. Like in Empire Total War, where differences beetwen animations are smaller, but soldiers are more human than in NW. But it's up to you to decide.
There is a story that scientists built an inteligent computer.
The first question they asked it was "Is there a God?"
The computer replied "There is now."
And the bolt of lightning struck the plug,
So it couldn't be turned off.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 01:43:49 pm »
Another idea, you could add the gods & generals soundtrack and the Waterloo soundtrack to replace the classical music.  :P

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »
Don't you think, that at least asking for a permission to use animations would be good idea? :)

Personally I don't think, that these standing animations look good together. Original one and right one are very official. If you want it to look "less robotic", you should use animations where soldiers stands in more "bored" positions. Like in Empire Total War, where differences beetwen animations are smaller, but soldiers are more human than in NW. But it's up to you to decide.

For permissions, I normally like to ask for the creator's permission when I've finished adding them :P Just in case I decide to change before release, and so that I have a product to show the creator. So if you see your stuff in screenshots for updates, don't worry, I will ask for your permission, I'm just making sure it works in the mod XD

For the idle animations, if you know any others, let me know :D I'd love a little more diversity among the troops...

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »
Would you be willing to add a different 44th skin that's more accurate? Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Edit: DL is down, here is another link: https://mega.co.nz/#!wFsUgZBQ!az-mg36yzTilEdW99xCkeyKEIfRARglqtRlcN-mMHnU

Ooo I'll have a look at that, defiantly! Always on the hunt for new skins :P

For the cross hair, there was a really good one knocking about the threads somewhere, it needs to be placed in the native textures however, which is why I didn't include it in the pack... I'll see if I can find a link for it though.

About this, you can place it in the module textures and it will use that one, the only reason it isnt in the module textures is because by default if you dont include something necessary it uses it from native.

Also this is a modified particle systems file that i use, it makes the smoke from muskets and cannons last much longer, but the amount of particles is less and i added smoke LoDs, which mean at distances there are less smoke particles displaying but you can't tell because of the distance. I think i also made the smoke shoot out further and the flash a bit shorter. You can try it out and if you like it put it in the enhancement.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4lgd1wl538kia8n/particle_systems.txt
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:04:03 pm by Willhelm »

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 04:29:58 pm »
Another idea, you could add the gods & generals soundtrack and the Waterloo soundtrack to replace the classical music.  :P

I was thinking of doing something with the soundtrack, but that will probably be something that I'll do when I'm happy with all the main stuff... Once of the main reasons why it isn't so high on my list, is because I have the music turned off in game and listen to my own playlists XD Not a bad idea for replacements though!

Would you be willing to add a different 44th skin that's more accurate? Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Edit: DL is down, here is another link: https://mega.co.nz/#!wFsUgZBQ!az-mg36yzTilEdW99xCkeyKEIfRARglqtRlcN-mMHnU

Ooo I'll have a look at that, defiantly! Always on the hunt for new skins :P

For the cross hair, there was a really good one knocking about the threads somewhere, it needs to be placed in the native textures however, which is why I didn't include it in the pack... I'll see if I can find a link for it though.

About this, you can place it in the module textures and it will use that one, the only reason it isnt in the module textures is because by default if you dont include something necessary it uses it from native.

Also this is a modified particle systems file that i use, it makes the smoke from muskets and cannons last much longer, but the amount of particles is less and i added smoke LoDs, which mean at distances there are less smoke particles displaying but you can't tell because of the distance. I think i also made the smoke shoot out further and the flash a bit shorter. You can try it out and if you like it put it in the enhancement.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4lgd1wl538kia8n/particle_systems.txt

Awesome, I'll add the cross hair to the pack then! And now I'm going to have to try out the new particle systems file (I shouldn't be as excited as I am about these kinds of things) :P

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 04:54:27 pm »
During the early days of NW, I think it was Millander who made a mod where if you hit somebody they'd spray some blood. If you could track that down and tweak it it'd be perfect addition for everything else in the pack :).