Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 649850 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)
« Reply #1125 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:53 am »
If I wanted to go about restoring the 6th Dragoons rather than having the Royal Scots Greys, how would I do that?
openBRF program, a simple matter of copying the uniforms and their materials/textures over.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Materia

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)
« Reply #1126 on: September 06, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »
Why do some human units have horse head, how to disable it?

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1127 on: September 06, 2015, 06:45:08 pm »

Lol the pirate hats are replaced with horse heads.

Offline Kacper.

• Captain
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1128 on: September 07, 2015, 03:38:09 pm »
Hello, anyone can give me mmanimation file with the old reload animation? The new I do not like, it is not at all realistic, it's like opening the charge and poured on the barrel, and then masturbated the barrel of a hand.
Vid Breitenfeld vi togo Pappenheim i vår famn;
vi skrefvo på Kronenbergs brynja vårt namn;
vi svedde grått skägg för Tilly vid Lech;
vi blödde med kungsblod vid Lützens häck.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 07, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »
Find en_russian_uniforms.brf in Resource, use openBRF and replace the pirate_hat with the pirate_hat from NW's russian_uniforms.brf

Hello, anyone can give me mmanimation file with the old reload animation? The new I do not like, it is not at all realistic, it's like opening the charge and poured on the barrel, and then masturbated the barrel of a hand.
en_animations.brf change man_reload to man_reload_new or whatnot. Then change man_reload_old to man_reload
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:43:38 pm by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Kacper.

• Captain
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 07, 2015, 04:08:50 pm »
Find en_russian_uniforms.brf in Resource, use openBRF and replace the pirate_hat with the pirate_hat from NW's russian_uniforms.brf

en_animations.brf change man_reload to man_reload_new or whatnot. Then change man_reload_old to man_reload

Thanks for help
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:10:33 pm by [3pp XW] Kacper1234PL »

Offline Kacper.

• Captain
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 07, 2015, 04:09:35 pm »

Thanks for help

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 07, 2015, 06:04:24 pm »
No problem, I see you accidentally double posted. You should be able to remove a double post now since FSE added that feature finally.

Offline Slypear

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 14, 2015, 06:46:09 am »
EDIT:

To replace my original statement, is anyone willing to offer a comprehensive walkthrough on how to get the original units back?

I say this because I'd like to replace the Russian Grenadier, the British Light Infantry, and the British King's German Legion with its vanilla counterpart.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:50:06 pm by Slypear »

Offline Slypear

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 14, 2015, 08:11:52 am »
Snip.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:00:52 am by Slypear »

Offline Rainer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 26, 2015, 07:15:41 pm »
Hey !

You know the name of skin files of the 2e Regiment d'Infanterie de Suisse ? I just want this skin.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:20:58 pm by Rainer »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 26, 2015, 10:55:36 pm »
Hey !

You know the name of skin files of the 2e Regiment d'Infanterie de Suisse ? I just want this skin.
Try the skin's original thread link - download link. If not it's the en_french_uniform_swiss.brf

Offline futafusilier

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 29, 2015, 08:34:30 pm »
Does anyone know which files to add to my game if I just want the graphical terrain/skybox/texture updates? Nothing for troops or horses or UI, just the graphical stuff? I've been trying to do it on my own with trial and error but its difficult, I managed near success but then ran into this problem of phantom tree meshes that I can't fix, on some maps there are just these white mesh structures of trees of varying kinds, sometimes only one, sometimes more, I can't figure out what the issue could be there.

So if anyone has already managed to figure out how to just install the graphical stuff for the environment skybox/terrain and HD textures for environment props/flora I would be really grateful if you could share how, I've hit a snag in my attempts, the whole mod is just so integrated its hard to separate the specific individual aspects that I want and not run into errors and conflicts along the way, pics related.

What really has me confused is that these meshes don't show up when I start up the vanilla game from my backup files, there are no trees in these locations, and its not just on and between these rocks, there are sparse but random tree meshes on other maps, all white, that when the mod files are removed, they are gone too, no trees there, these are phantom trees and it has me stumped.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have it all working fine, I gave it another go and was really checking and double checking, I probably missed a resource file before it works now, although there are no longer any random tree meshes missing textures on the maps there are still snowy trees within the rocks on snow maps but I like how they look so it doesn't bother me anymore. I only have some troops with missing textures now that I need to fix, shouldn't be difficult.

I gotta say I love the hell out of this mod, these graphical enhancements are so damn beautiful, especially the skybox.

Spoiler
[close]

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:47:32 pm by futafusilier »

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1138 on: September 30, 2015, 01:45:47 am »
Does anyone know which files to add to my game if I just want the graphical terrain/skybox/texture updates? Nothing for troops or horses or UI, just the graphical stuff? I've been trying to do it on my own with trial and error but its difficult, I managed near success but then ran into this problem of phantom tree meshes that I can't fix, on some maps there are just these white mesh structures of trees of varying kinds, sometimes only one, sometimes more, I can't figure out what the issue could be there.

So if anyone has already managed to figure out how to just install the graphical stuff for the environment skybox/terrain and HD textures for environment props/flora I would be really grateful if you could share how, I've hit a snag in my attempts, the whole mod is just so integrated its hard to separate the specific individual aspects that I want and not run into errors and conflicts along the way, pics related.

What really has me confused is that these meshes don't show up when I start up the vanilla game from my backup files, there are no trees in these locations, and its not just on and between these rocks, there are sparse but random tree meshes on other maps, all white, that when the mod files are removed, they are gone too, no trees there, these are phantom trees and it has me stumped.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have it all working fine, I gave it another go and was really checking and double checking, I probably missed a resource file before it works now, although there are no longer any random tree meshes missing textures on the maps there are still snowy trees within the rocks on snow maps but I like how they look so it doesn't bother me anymore. I only have some troops with missing textures now that I need to fix, shouldn't be difficult.

I gotta say I love the hell out of this mod, these graphical enhancements are so damn beautiful, especially the skybox.

Spoiler
[close]
If I may ask, what exactly do you have to do to add he graphical enhancements only? I've been considering doing it myself, but I was worried I would just mess something up.

Offline futafusilier

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:49 am »
If I may ask, what exactly do you have to do to add he graphical enhancements only? I've been considering doing it myself, but I was worried I would just mess something up.

I can give you which resource/texture/data files from the mod to add to your game folder but right now I can't figure out how to fix the missing textures on certain units, its a very strange bug, but beyond that it works as it should, only the graphical enhancements are applied. It's basically modifying a mod so errors are bound to happen due to how integrated it all is but I'm happy with the way its turned out so far, theres very little that messed up.

Also on some maps the skybox acts weird when you look at it from a certain angle, its noticeable but not enough to be jarring in my opinion and only seems to occur on really large maps, see screenshot, plus you can also see the texture glitch issue I'm having with certain units as well.

Spoiler
[close]

It still looks very nice and at most angles the skybox is normal and gorgeous too, if I could only fix this stupid missing texture glitch problem I would be elated.

Spoiler
[close]

Regarding the texture glitches, its just missing unit textures, when I verify integrity of the game and its vanilla again, using Openbrf all the arty ranker, landwehr textures are normal, when I then import the selected mod files into resources and textures, the unit textures are missing in Openbrf and the game, and what's weirder is that restoring the install folders to their original state still doesn't solve the missing texture error, only exacerbates it and I have to verify integrity of the game again to restore all normal textures, even if they are physically located inside their folders. Seems to be some conflict between resource and textures or vanilla and modded resource files, I can't figure it out, it's hard to keep track of all the methods and trial and error I'm working on for it.

So let me just mark down which units have missing textures since it might help someone to solve this issue.

France-
arty ranker
arty officer
Marine
Naval Captain
Napoleon

British-
Rifleman sergeant
Rifleman hornist

Prussia-
Landwehr - all ranks
Lancer cavalry

Austria-
14th Regiment officer
62nd Regiment officer

Russia-
None

For some of these its just their shirts or pants which have missing textures, I probably fucked up somewhere with this but I haven't been able to find where so far.

Anyways here's all the files from the mod you need, put these in a clean install, its a good idea to make backups of your original game because this might fuck something up and then you can swap modules back or just verify integrity with Steam. Merge all folders and replace over files when prompted, then start the game and load a map, you will see the beautiful new graphics/skybox provided to us in NW by Parrot, and you will also see probably a few very white looking units around, especially from France or any Austrian officers. But you shouldn't see any glitches or missing textures on scenery/props.

I provide this in the hopes that someone can figure out what I did wrong in my attempt and help me to fix it so those who want just these awesome graphical updates can enjoy them without these unit texture bugs. And thanks again to Parrot for the awesome mod, I like to work my way piecemeal through modding games, picking and choosing selectively what to add so I was compelled to do so for this one because this just makes the environments look so much nicer.

Here's a pic of folders/files are in that download so you can get a better idea of what it is

Spoiler
[close]

And this is what I kept from the mod in module.ini, also shown in the pic.
Spoiler
# Enhancement Main Files
load_mod_resource = pm_textures
load_mod_resource = pm_materials
load_mod_resource = pm_terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = pm_terrain_borders_b
load_mod_resource = pm_skyboxes

#load_mod_resource = PB_castle_a
#load_mod_resource = PB_castle_e
#load_mod_resource = PB_gutek_houses
load_mod_resource = PB_gutek_materials
load_mod_resource = PB_gutek_particles
load_mod_resource = PB_gutek_textures
#load_mod_resource = PB_snowy_castle
#load_mod_resource = PB_snowy_houses
#load_mod_resource = PB_town_houses_d

load_mod_resource = pl_map_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = pl_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = pl_xtree_meshes
load_mod_resource = pl_grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = pl_plant_meshes
load_mod_resource = pl_xtree_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = pl_xtree_meshes_c
load_mod_resource = pl_grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = pl_tree_e_meshes
[close]

I'll be working on fixing the missing unit textures glitch that occurs when you add these files but right now I've hit a dead end. :-\

At least the maps look pretty  8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:28:16 pm by futafusilier »