Author Topic: Should i get a PS3 or Xbox 360?  (Read 1769 times)

Offline benjiman1021

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Should i get a PS3 or Xbox 360?
« on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:40 pm »
I finally have enough money to get a console and my friend already has a xbox 360 with xbox live. He told me to get a 360 but then i looked up which one is better online and alot of things said get the ps3. What i wanna look at is are there any games that are for the ps3 or xbox that arnt for the xbox or ps3? Which console has better graphics?
If Hamburgers ruled the Earth, were would all the vegetarians go?

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Should i get a PS3 or Xbox 360?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »
You should look at the console exclusives they have; Xbox 360 has great games such as Halo and some of the Fable series, whereas PS3 has equally fantastic games such as The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

Personally I would recommend the PS3, although I don't have one, but I know that the online is free, the exclusives are better and in general the online is more focused on gaming unlike Xbox Live which seems to have a general interest in all forms of media. On top of that, everything Xbox Live has to offer is nothing new, Sony came up with a lot of the ideas that Microsoft have monopolised unfortunately.

Offline Syntax

• First Lieutenant
  • 사랑 - 행복 - 가족
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »
You should look at the console exclusives they have; Xbox 360 has great games such as Halo and some of the Fable series, whereas PS3 has equally fantastic games such as The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

Personally I would recommend the PS3, although I don't have one, but I know that the online is free, the exclusives are better and in general the online is more focused on gaming unlike Xbox Live which seems to have a general interest in all forms of media. On top of that, everything Xbox Live has to offer is nothing new, Sony came up with a lot of the ideas that Microsoft have monopolised unfortunately.
+1

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:51 am »
Honestly save your money for the next gen consoles that are coming out in a few months.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline gmanburger

• Sergeant
  • 20% Skill. 80% Luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gman
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:14:31 am »
Dude save for a Xbox 1 or a PS4 there going to be better than both but if not I'd say getting xbox360 I think it has better games that PS3 cannot use and better gameplay

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:46:15 am »
Dude save for a Xbox 1 or a PS4 there going to be better than both but if not I'd say getting xbox360 I think it has better games that PS3 cannot use and better gameplay
Honestly save your money for the next gen consoles that are coming out in a few months.

+1

and between xbox 720 and ps4     get a ps4 

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:02:44 am »
Netflix

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 05:10:19 am »
I would get neither. But strictly out of those two I'd recommend the PS3. Far superior exclusives and a better interface.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:27 am »
Just buy a Super Nintendo and you're all set  8)

Offline Take

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1RheinMainPage
  • Nick: 1Rhein_Oberst_Take
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:48 am »
either save ur money for a next gen console or wait a bit since the old console generation will drop a lot in pricing once the new consoles are released.

In terms of online the xbox  is the superior platform at least in the current gen. but a lot of things point towards this being changed with the new generation aproaching. So if u wanna play online I would wait for the next gen consoles ( and if graphics are important to u waiting fpr the new generation should be a no brainer ;) )

But lets assume u only got the money for a current gen console and dont want to wait for the next gen than the ps3 is the more powerful one. In terms of exclusives they are pretty even (if u are into JRPGs  ps3 is better ) but the xbox has the far superior online functions (but remember there is a new generation of consoles right round the corner and many companys will stop their online support for their games over time for the current gen consoles ) .

If u wanna play online and have the best possible graphics on a console wait for the next gen otherwise I would probably go for the 360 cuze more people own one and the online modi of the games are more frequented on em than on the ps3 but if u are looking for a pure singleplayer experience I would get a ps3 because it has the stronger hardware
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:03:29 am by Take »

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »
wait for a ps4
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »
Is spending the money on upgrading your current pc a possible option?

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 04:19:42 pm »
Well I have a ps3 because it is free online, but I really like Xbox better to be honest. I would suggest getting the xbox if you can afford the online.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:28 pm »
Get next gen.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.