Author Topic: Sir Thomas Picton's 3rd Division. The 'Fighting Third!'  (Read 24720 times)

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Resignation.
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
After a quite frankly horrific event in which the Division was humiliated I have decided to step down as ADC and with it I will no longer administrate the Monday event nor organise events against other armies. I will also not administrate this thread at all.

With one regiment not showing up, another doing so barely and a ridiculous amount of rule breaking from one other regiment during the event I simply do not feel that if some of you are not willing to just come to an event then why should I organise them?

There will never be a rematch against the army with which we should have fought today as they are not willing to play an event with some of the regiments that were and even more importantly weren't present tonight.

I have enjoyed my time in the Division up to now, but clearly things aren't as they should be.

Goodbye, James Grant. Ex-Aide de Camp.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:51:11 pm by James Grant »

Offline MPC

• Captain
  • Lt. Col. of The Royal Recruits.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits Website
  • Nick: -[TRR]-LtCol-MPC
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sir Thomas Picton's 3rd Division. The 'Fighting Third!'
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2013, 11:54:41 pm »
Sorry to hear that James.

I'm only speaking from TRR's point of view here but we were not informed about the Line Battle until 17:50 today by Peter Broetz. With only 2 hours or so to gather a team, this was simply not doable from our point of view. At the time Peter informed me, I sent the message over to Augment, no one informed him about the match ahead of time either. At this point in time we only had around 8 members online, all playing another game. If we were given a few days notice in advance we would have been able to inform everybody in time and bring around 15-20.

- MPC

Edit:

After speaking to you on steam, I believe I was a bit too aggressive in my post. Sorry about that, and lets hope in the future those mentioned regiments are able to act in a better fashion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:10:25 am by MPC »
Veteran BG2 player. Member of the glorious "The Royal Recruits". Founders of LB game play back in BG 1 and 2

Want to own a bit of TRR? Check out our online shop! -> http://www.cafepress.com/mpcsphotographyshop/9754721

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Resignation.
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2013, 12:38:01 am »
After a quite frankly horrific event in which the Division was humiliated I have decided to step down as ADC and with it I will no longer administrate the Monday event nor organise events against other armies. I will also not administrate this thread at all.

With one regiment not showing up, another doing so barely and a ridiculous amount of rule breaking from one other regiment during the event I simply do not feel that if some of you are not willing to just come to an event then why should I organise them?

There will never be a rematch against the army with which we should have fought today as they are not willing to play an event with some of the regiments that were and even more importantly weren't present tonight.

I have enjoyed my time in the Division up to now, but clearly things aren't as they should be.

Goodbye, James Grant. Ex-Aide de Camp.

Support Jezza 2013 XD <3

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:22 am »
You were right Jezza on steam, ppl dont care  :-\

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »
You were right Jezza on steam, ppl dont care  :-\

I did get a nice pm from Rollie actually.

Offline Jammy

• Private
  • 17th Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:13 pm »
goodbye