Poll

Do you think saber briquets should do more damage?

Yes.
No.
No but make them faster.

Author Topic: A point on bayonets and shortswords/saber-briquets  (Read 16033 times)

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A point on bayonets and shortswords/saber-briquets
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2013, 12:52:26 am »
Stainless steel rusts, just not as easily. Even the cheapest Indian swords are stainless steel.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:34 am »
If I remember correctly,  Duuring you have the Cold Steel saber yes? Cold steels swords are all made of very high quality carbon steel. I can attest to this because I own cold steels French light cavalry saber.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2013, 01:27:40 am »
I wouldn't mind a damage increase for the saber-briquets and shortswords (would be nice to stop glancing off spinning people).
A nerf for the bayonet I would be against though, the Devs purposely made it the best all round weapon to encourage people playing line-infantry. I think that was a good decision, though sometimes taken to the extreme IMO, and it should stay that way. Giving it "unbalanced" would make it pretty crap.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2013, 10:55:43 am »
Stainless steel rusts, just not as easily. Even the cheapest Indian swords are stainless steel.

Ones again shows I know nada about that sorta science.

If I remember correctly,  Duuring you have the Cold Steel saber yes? Cold steels swords are all made of very high quality carbon steel. I can attest to this because I own cold steels French light cavalry saber.

I'm told that the Cold Steel sabres and these ones are the very same. I don't know about that, but mine was just 90 euros, and it's gonna get scratched a lot, so that's well worth it.

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »
In 1 vs 1 sabre briquets are actually pretty good.
- Less damage is compensated by faster attack speed and more attack directions.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2013, 11:46:45 am »
Stainless steel is a little heavier than the high-carbon steel used back then, and I suspect they construct them a little sturdier (and maybe less skilfully) than the originals.

They are definately crafted less skillfully, but that would depend on where it is made.

But, I thought stainless steel is too weak for swords? it is softer than regular Iron.

IF you really want proper steel, get a damascus steel sword. They're just a tad bit more expensive though.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.