Author Topic: *Scripting Thread*  (Read 88053 times)

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: *Scripting Thread*
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2016, 09:08:54 am »
I would like to give a tip to people that they experiment by them self with coding do what you want and see what goes wrong and on that detail fix it.
You cant succes eithout failing.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2016, 02:55:31 pm »
just started learning how to script a few days ago.(mainly for the challenge of learning something new)  managed to get an in game message everytime a map changes on my own.(only to the player)     currently i am working on getting a script to show when someone teamkills a horse.(would like to do teamwounding a person and a horse later but just this for now)

haven't had the most luck getting getting this to work.  I did manage to get the logs to show a player teamkilling a bot.(in the logs, normally it just shows up as a normal kill even though in game it shows up as a teamkill)

i know this is a horse. (neg|agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"),  and for the most part, i have been working in this script.  #script_multiplayer_server_on_agent_killed_or_wounded_common( i did make my own script for teamkilling a bot, which was similar to the regular teamkill script)

anyways, any tips as to where to start or what to do.   i would rather i do most of this myself rather than have someone else do it for me.   any help will be appreciated.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »
Congrats on making steps to learn something new.

Anyway, your question is a bit blurry, as you don't want someone else to write the code for you, yet you ask for tips without specifying at which point you got stuck. In this situation it is best to post your code so we can tell which part of it is incorrect.

Offline Pio

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • my steam profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:57 pm »
I agree. We can't really help you much without seeing the code.

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »
Maybe you should make like trigger that shows who kills horse like when someone kills someone becuse game dosent have teams for horses they are neutral

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
Maybe you should make like trigger that shows who kills horse like when someone kills someone becuse game dosent have teams for horses they are neutral
i have heard they are agents, and i have read they are items, not agents.  i have been trying to treat them as agents and tie them to their riders team in different ways. i have done a lot of combos.  some of which were fruitless as i learned more about the code.

anyways, like i said above, i only just started learning about coding. so do forgive any noob mistakes.   idk if i am close or if i am completely off the mark as to what i am doing and where i am doing.

this is in script 54
Spoiler
      (assign,":agent_no",0),

(try_begin),
         (eq, neg|agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"),
       (agent_get_player_id, ":dead_agent_player", ":dead_agent_no"),
         (neg|player_is_active, ":dead_agent_player"),
         (assign,":dead_agent_player",-1),
      (else_try),
       #(agent_get_player_id,":player_no",":agent_no"),
       (eq, agent_is_non_player, ":agent_no"),
      (agent_is_active,":agent_no"),

(agent_get_horse, ":horse_agent", ":agent_no"),
      (agent_get_item_id, ":horse_agent", ":agent_no"),
          (try_begin),
            (le, ":horse_agent", 0),

(assign,":horse_agent",":dead_agent_no"),
         (neg|agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"),
         (agent_is_active,":dead_agent_no"),

(agent_get_team, ":agent_team",":agent_no"),
         (agent_set_team, ":dead_agent_no", ":agent_team"),
        (try_end),
       #(try_begin),
          #(neg|agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"),      
            #(agent_get_team, ":dead_agent_team",":dead_agent_no"),                     
       #(try_end),          
        (assign,":dead_agent_no",-1),
      (try_end),
[close]

Spoiler
       (try_begin), # Log teamkills if we have a player teamkilling a horse
           (eq,":kill_type",kill_type_team),
        (call_script,"script_multiplayer_server_on_player_teamkilled_horse", ":dead_agent_no", ":killer_agent_player", ":dead_agent_team"),   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<i left the 3rd part there for now.   
         (try_end),
[close]

been spending most of my time with the first spoiler and not with the last one.  as most of the trouble i was having was in the first.    now i am not sure. 
Spoiler
    #script_multiplayer_server_on_player_teamkilled_player
  # INPUT: arg1 = dead_agent_player, arg2 = killer_agent_player, arg3 = dead_agent_team
  # OUTPUT: none
  ("multiplayer_server_on_player_teamkilled_horse",
   [
     (store_script_param, ":dead_agent_no", 1),
     (store_script_param, ":killer_agent_player", 2),
    (try_begin),
    (eq, neg|agent_is_human,":dead_agent_no"),
   # (server_add_message_to_log,"str_tutorial_info_1"),
    (try_end),

(try_begin), # Log teamkills if we have a player teamkilling a player
       (neg|agent_is_human,":dead_agent_no"),
       (player_is_active,":killer_agent_player"),

(str_store_player_username, s1, ":killer_agent_player"),
       (str_store_agent_name, s2, ":dead_agent_no"),

(server_add_message_to_log,"str_teamkilled_s1_s2"),

(try_end),
   ]),

[close]
i do get an error whenever i slay all or manually swap myself to spec(not using the admin panel)  haven't had time to figure that out. 

as for helping out.  there is a difference between telling me where i am wrong or quickly fixing/modifying/adding something to my code, and just making yours up from scratch and giving it to me.  and while i would appreciate someone's completed code i would prefer to do most of the work myself so i can learn how to do it.(which, if i am not far off then i would of done most of the work.)

the end goals are to have it show up as player x teamkilling y's horse.(i know the last spoiler doesn't have that as i figured i want to see it showing someone teamkilling a horse before i figure out how to put the rider in.  tips on that would be appreciated as well)   then there are my other goals of having the game show someone teamwounding someone(and their horse as well) 

edit: also, i dont think i said this but i am doing these tests with bots and not fellow humans currently.  so the code i am trying to write reflects this.  eventually i will have to change it to involve 2 humans.  it is just faster to work with bots. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:28:28 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »
Referring to 2nd and 3rd spoilers. Without getting too deep in, there are probably other things wrong with script, but for start:

(eq, neg|agent_is_human,":dead_agent_no"), - what you are doing here is comparing if neg|agent_is_human is equal to ":dead_agent_no", and that is pointless. In some other language you could get an error during compile time for doing this, but here you don't, because in M&B module system both neg|agent_is_human and ":head_agent_no" are just numbers, so the compiler sees you are comparing two numbers and doesn't complain, even tho what you are doing makes no sense, it is like comparing a function with the argument that was supposed to be passed to it.
-If you don't understand the above explanation yet, don't sweat, for now what you need to know is you probably just want to do (neg|agent_is_human,":dead_agent_no")  which checks if agent is a horse.

(neg|agent_is_human,":dead_agent_no"), # Teamkiller already checked so only if dead guy is a player and not a bot
Here, you are trying to use the function which checks if agent is a horse to check if agent is a bot. I know it is confusing at start because "is_human" could mean two things, but to set this straight: agent_is_human checks whether agent is a horse, it will not be false for bots as bots count as humans.
-what you want to do is (agent_is_non_player, ":cur_agent"),

Also, since you do (neg|agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"), before calling the server_on_player_teamkilled_horse script, the script will fire only if the victim is a horse, so the part of script which checks if victim is a bot will never be used.

Thats just some stuff wrong with script I noticed, don't have much time to go deeper in atm.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »
yea, referring to the 2nd spoiler.  What i am trying to say code wise is if the agent that is dead is a horse and by someone from the same team, to go to the script listed.  it made sense in my head. 

when i originally got bots to show up as being teamkilled, i had this  right before it calls the script (agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"),  so i thought by adding the proper stuff in front it would still work, just with horses this time around.

the add tutorial message to logs part was just a check to see if it got that far into my script or not.  wasn't intending to keep that there when it worked. 

i copied and modified the normal teamkill script and modified it, which is why that one note was there.  anyways, when i get time, i'll make the changes you recommended or possibly others should they also post. 

and about this line.   (agent_is_non_player, ":cur_agent"),  wouldnt it be  (agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"), ?  or is that not necessary to get the agents name(dead agent no). 

also, i dont think i said this but i am doing these tests with bots and not fellow humans currently.  so the code i am trying to write reflects this.  eventually i will have to change it to involve 2 humans. 

and perhaps i am going about this all wrong.  would it be better to check if a horse is killed, and rather than get it to write the horses name, write the owner and modify the string.    so it says x teamkilled y horse.(with horse just being the word horse and not any particular type of horse listed)  perhaps it is time for bed so clarify my thoughts on this.  i have done so many tests, tweaks, and various thought processes on this they start to blend together. 

on the bright side, i improved the heal function.(imo.)  healing a player(not all) now heals the horse they are riding.

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »
Forget horses beeing items. Spawned horses are agents. They are stored and spawned via items (so people can have them in their inventory). But after beeing spawned you have an agent.
Any nonhuman is a horse. So check for:
Code
Then we get the rider of the horse, if the horse has one.
Code
(agent_get_rider, ":dead_horse_rider", ":dead_agent_no),
(neq, ":dead_horse_rider, -1), #even has a rider?
Then we compare the teams:
Code
(agent_get_team, ":killer_team", ":killer_agent_no"),
(agent_get_team, ":dead_team", ":dead_horse_rider"),
(eq, ":killer_team", ":dead_team"),
Save the names:
Code
(agent_get_player_id, ":killer_player", ":killer_agent_no"),
(agent_get_player_id, ":dead_horse_player", ":dead_horse_rider"),
(str_store_player_username, s68, ":killer_player"),
(str_store_player_username, s69, ":dead_horse_player"),
And then store in the logs, who teamkilled which horse.
But when I remember right, when the horse is dead, you cant get the team and rider anymore (maybe I am mistaken).
However, on my cavserver I solved it via the hit_trigger, same thing:

Code
(store_trigger_param_2,":attacker_agent"),
        (store_trigger_param_1,":hit_agent"),
        (store_trigger_param_3,":damage"),

(agent_is_active, ":attacker_agent"),
(agent_is_active, ":hit_agent"),
(agent_is_alive, ":attacker_agent"),
(agent_is_alive, ":hit_agent"),

(store_agent_hit_points,":real_hp",":hit_agent",1),
(ge, ":damage", ":real_hp"), #integer values, probably not 100% exactly

(neg|agent_is_human, ":hit_agent"),

(agent_get_rider, ":hit_rider", ":hit_agent"),
(neq, ":hit_rider", -1), #even has a rider?

(agent_get_team, ":attacker_ag_team", ":attacker_agent"),
(agent_get_team, ":hit_ag_team", ":hit_rider"),

(eq, ":attacker_ag_team", ":hit_ag_team"),
(agent_is_alive, ":hit_rider"),

(agent_get_player_id, ":attacker_player", ":attacker_agent"),
(agent_get_player_id, ":hit_player", ":hit_rider"),
(str_store_player_username, s68, ":attacker_player"),
(str_store_player_username, s69, ":hit_player"),

Edit: "agent_is_non_player", only gives you back, that the agent is no player. That means it is a bot, or a horse.

Spoiler
Unlike a certain modder, I will not insist on having my name written all over the server and spammed within announcements each couple minutes.
Still salty for beeing banned?^^
[close]

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:34:19 pm by Kanade Tachibana »
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Pio

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • my steam profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2016, 03:09:06 pm »
Script 1
You can't use eq and neg together and in this case you don't need eq at all, so this is wrong:
Code
(eq, neg|agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"),
if you wanted to check if a given agent is a player this is the correct way:
Code
(neg|agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"),

Another problem:
Code
 (eq, agent_is_non_player, ":agent_no"),
you don'd need eq there, because this operation already returns true or false. The correct way to use it is this:
Code
 (agent_is_non_player, ":agent_no"),

In some parts of the code you are using ":agent_no" variable that was never assigned. I think you meant to use ":dead_agent_no" instead.

In this part:
Code
(agent_get_horse, ":horse_agent", ":agent_no"),
          (try_begin),
            (le, ":horse_agent", 0),

(assign,":horse_agent",":dead_agent_no"),
         (agent_is_active,":dead_agent_no"),

(agent_get_team, ":agent_team",":agent_no"),
         (agent_set_team, ":dead_agent_no", ":agent_team"),
        (try_end),

(agent_get_horse, ":horse_agent", ":agent_no"), at the beginning is unnecessary, because you are retrieving agent's horse and storing it in ":horse_agent" variable, but you are not using that variable for anything and the line below:
Code
overrides it anyway.

Also I'm not sure if you shold be assigning anything to ":dead_agent_no" variable, because it's used in the entire scirpt 54 and because of that if there is any original code below yours it might stop working, so you might want to create a new variable and use it instead.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:14:02 pm by Pio »

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
i copied and modified the normal teamkill script and modified it, which is why that one note was there.  anyways, when i get time, i'll make the changes you recommended or possibly others should they also post. 
Depends what you are trying to do really. If you want specific thing to happen only after the deed has been done, ie the bot has already been teamkilled, you are on the right track, but if it is some anti-troll measure the usual thing to do is use ti_on_agent_hit trigger, search for examples of it in mission_templates. This trigger fires whenever someone is hit, and is more appropriate to use in anti-troll script as the act of teamhitting is a crime in itself.

and about this line.   (agent_is_non_player, ":cur_agent"),  wouldnt it be  (agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"), ?  or is that not necessary to get the agents name(dead agent no). 
That was just an example, the syntax is (function, variable) so, of course, proper thing to use in your case is (agent_is_non_player, ":dead_agent_no"), as variable dead_agent_no holds the number of agent who died (because you told it to).

also, i dont think i said this but i am doing these tests with bots and not fellow humans currently.  so the code i am trying to write reflects this.  eventually i will have to change it to involve 2 humans. 
I have no clue what you plan to do, but if this script is about detecting teamkills of bots and horses, it should work well enough no matter how many humans are on the server.

and perhaps i am going about this all wrong.  would it be better to check if a horse is killed, and rather than get it to write the horses name, write the owner and modify the string.    so it says x teamkilled y horse.(with horse just being the word horse and not any particular type of horse listed)  perhaps it is time for bed so clarify my thoughts on this.  i have done so many tests, tweaks, and various thought processes on this they start to blend together. 

on the bright side, i improved the heal function.(imo.)  healing a player(not all) now heals the horse they are riding.
Depends on what you want to do, it is more likely you want to get rider's name, so like that other person suggested use agent_get_rider

Spoiler
Spoiler
Unlike a certain modder, I will not insist on having my name written all over the server and spammed within announcements each couple minutes.
Still salty for beeing banned?^^
[close]
Actually you being salty is the reason I'm banned.

[close]

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2016, 04:58:13 pm »
There is a way to putt players name and then (horse).
If that is what you want.
Ninja killed  Blacky(Horse)(horseicon)

With the bank script that is used on pw.Just need to modify it.
Each time the players spawns with horse,game registers his ID and make and agent.
[Blacky] (acctual player]
and
[Horsy] (horse of player]
and then when Horsy dies game removes ID from registery and announces like simple message
"players_horse_died"

Now i know this is just a theory but it might work.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2016, 04:35:03 am »
Now that i got time to sit down and work on it, i indeed got it to work. 

Depends what you are trying to do really. If you want specific thing to happen only after the deed has been done, ie the bot has already been teamkilled, you are on the right track, but if it is some anti-troll measure the usual thing to do is use ti_on_agent_hit trigger, search for examples of it in mission_templates. This trigger fires whenever someone is hit, and is more appropriate to use in anti-troll script as the act of teamhitting is a crime in itself.
Yea, i stumbled upon that by accident around the time i made my first post here.(looking for anything horse related)   After looking at it and heeding kanades point of doing it there so it keeps track of the rider/horse, i was able to make it show teamwounding players/horses on my own.  The killing of horses was still a pain as it wasn't working.  Tried a combo of mine and kanades to see if i was missing something and finally it started working.(probably forgot to change 1 thing that was left over from my previous block that i copied.)  Not sure what i was doing wrong but its working now.(all of them are in that trigger area, not in script 54.)  I wasn't getting any compile errors.

and thanks to you all for pointing out my errors in syntax.  picking up things over time and it is starting make more sense.(granted i am still very ignorant)  i am trying to use examples that i see in the code  as a base to work off of which is why some of my coding may seem off or my understanding of it. 

I have no clue what you plan to do, but if this script is about detecting teamkills of bots and horses, it should work well enough no matter how many humans are on the server.

ah, to clarify, i am currently testing on bots as it is the quickest way to do it.  when i know they work, i modify it so that it works with 2 or more humans  instead.

There is a way to putt players name and then (horse).
If that is what you want.
Ninja killed  Blacky(Horse)(horseicon)

With the bank script that is used on pw.Just need to modify it.
Each time the players spawns with horse,game registers his ID and make and agent.
[Blacky] (acctual player]
and
[Horsy] (horse of player]
and then when Horsy dies game removes ID from registery and announces like simple message
"players_horse_died"

Now i know this is just a theory but it might work.

i haven't played PW so i wouldn't know how it works.  With that being said, i would like to avoid where possibly copying anyone's code and use my own instead.  Which is why i am happy to say all the code i made is very much my own minus a line or 2.(pretty much that Neq line for checking if their is a rider.  didn't try it without it.  figured if kanade had it, it has a purpose.  maybe it is pointless? idk)

and i know kanade does a lot of scripting for other servers.(or their cav server)  not sure about the rest of you but this may be helpful.  it heals the horse of a player when you heal a single player.  useful if you are in a spot where you want to heal someone and their horse but not everyone.  again thanks for the help everyone.  much appreciated.
              (eq, ":command", player_list_admin_cheat_heal_player),
              (player_get_agent_id, ":value_agent_id", ":value"),
              (agent_is_active,":value_agent_id"),
              (agent_is_alive, ":value_agent_id"),               
              (agent_set_hit_points, ":value_agent_id", 100, 0), # Heal the player
               (try_begin),
                (agent_get_horse, ":horse_agent", ":value_agent_id"),
                (agent_is_active,":horse_agent"),
             (agent_is_alive, ":horse_agent"),

(agent_set_hit_points, ":horse_agent", 100, 0), # Heal the Horse
            (try_end),

(assign, ":script_ok", 1),
              (str_store_string, s4, "str_cheat_heal_player_s2_s3"),
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:56:08 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »
working on making it so only a few admins are allowed to ban other admins.  thought it would be pretty straight forward.  guess i am wrong.  I believe i am working in the correct area.  I grabbed the part where normal non admins are banned, copied and pasted it below, and modified it so its looking for 2 admins then having the approved one ban the other admin.

havent had any luck yet in getting it to work.  this is where i am leaving it for now, hopefully i didnt leave anything off while i was messing around with it. eventually i will want to have a few "special" admins that can ban other admins. 

#     (else_try),
#         (eq, ":event_type", multiplayer_event_admin_ban_player),
 #       (try_begin),
 #         (store_script_param, ":value", 3),
          #validity check
          # Vincenzo begin
 #         (call_script, "script_multiplayer_server_protect_admin_command", ":player_no"),
 #         (eq, reg0, 1), # ok_admin
          # Vincenzo end
#          (player_is_admin, ":player_no"),
#        (player_get_unique_id, reg44, ":player_no"),
#        (eq, reg44, 111111),       <<<<example id.   later on i believe i will need to use this_or_next| command
 #         (player_is_active, ":value"),
 #         #condition checks are done

# Vincenzo begin
 #         (player_is_admin, ":value"),

#          (try_begin),
#            (gt,":player_no",-1),
#            (str_store_player_username, s2, ":player_no"), # adminname
#          (else_try),
#            (str_store_string,s2,"str_you"),
#          (try_end),
#          (str_store_player_username, s3, ":value"),
#          (str_store_string, s4, "str_ban_player_s2_s3"),
#          (call_script, "script_multiplayer_broadcast_message"),
 #         (try_begin),
 #           (player_get_unique_id, ":value_2", ":value"),
 #           (gt,":value_2", 1), # Key auth server problem protection (id 1 if wrong)
#          (ban_player, ":value", 0, ":player_no"),
#          (ban_player, ":value", 0, 0),  <<<< another attempt at banning someone.
#          (else_try),
 #           (kick_player, ":value"),
#          (try_end),
#          # Thunder end
 #       (try_end),

I # all of it as i was working on other scripts. 

do i need to kick the person first then add their stored id to the ban list?  do i need to kick them for "cheating"?  is there a simple error in there or am i way off the mark?  got my other 4 scripts to work on the first try today.  this is the only one that has caused me any trouble. 

Figured it out.

and these 3 lines will get rid of the oddities of teamwounding yourself or your horse, and teamkilling your own horse/

(neq, ":hit_agent_no", ":attacker_agent_no"),
        (neq, ":attacker_agent_no", ":hit_rider_no"),

(neq, ":attacker_agent_no", ":dead_rider_no"),
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:21:10 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2016, 06:10:42 pm »
messing around with the admin stuff and i am trying to figure out how the game gives you the list of say living players only.  I want to make refill ammo command do something more useful but it would only work on dead people.  so getting a list of all the dead players(and only dead) would be helpful but i haven't had any luck in figuring out where to look or how to do it. ( i would imagine it would be a simple change somewhere to look for dead agents + a few other possible tweaks if necessary)