Author Topic: 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot - The Inniskilling - [EU]  (Read 9983 times)

Offline PhluXx

• Private
  • I am Sometimes a Fox & Sometimes a Lion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Col_Lawrence_F_Irvine
  • Side: Neutral
The 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot Has Formally Disbanded

It is my sad news to say that today, on the 9th of September 2013, the 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot are formally disbanding.

I thank all men under my command for their time and dedication. But due to real life time constraints, in-regards to university I have made the decision, to formally disband today.

I hope to still stay in contact with many of you and remain good friends.

-Col Lawrence Finn Irvine

The 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot were perhaps the most famous of the eight Irish regiment which served during this time period. The Inniskilling served in several engagement during the Napoleonic Wars, and have a grand list of Battle Honours ranging as far back as 1690 at the Battle of the Boyne, which to this day has left an impact on the history of the Island of Ireland. Two battle honours which they proudly carry include the Peninsular War & the Battle of Waterloo, where they earned much fame and honour for defending the centre of the line from Napoleon's troops, and helped decide the victory against the French Emperor thus removing this threat from the continent.

It is important that we remember that the Battle of Waterloo could not have been won without regiments like the 27th Inniskilling. Wellington's forces had their ranks filled with Irishmen and Scotsmen, and some of these regiments suffered the heaviest losses during the battle, with the Inniskilling loosing every Officer during their brave stand whilst holding the centre of the line, the importance of which this had on the outcome of the battle cannot be overstated. And an action which could only have been done by brave, strong, loyal and disciplined men. Actions such as these gave the Inniskilling much fame throughout history, and this has remained with them to this day, even after becoming the Royal Irish Fusiliers in 1881 and finally forming into the Royal Irish Rangers 27th Inniskilling in 1968.

To this day amongst the Royal Irish Rangers the victory which the Inniskilling had, and helped bring at the Battle of the Waterloo, is still celebrated and the losses mourned. With it being tradition on Waterloo Day, for Officers to hand over command of the Companies to their Serjeants, due to the fact that the Serjeants had to take over command during the battle, after the Officers perished.

If you're interested in joining a regiment that understand who the Inniskilling were historically, and are looking for a legitimately disciplined regiment who carry the goal of winning battles whilst also treating all their members well, then consider signing up.

I'm an Irishman and I wish for us to recreate who the 27th Inniskilling were to the best of our ability. So if you have a similar interest, with perhaps this aspect of the era being one that you like, please consider enlisting. Perhaps you're interested because you're also Irish or you might just appreciate the history and cultural aspect of the 27th, if any of this is the case then please again consider enlisting.

So if you're interested in joining the 27th Regiment of Foot, then know it's a good idea to sign up whilst this thread is in it's initial stage, and whilst the Regiment is still starting. This provides you with the ability to climb up in command and also to help the regiment grow.  Again know that this is Regiment has the aim to be professional and also has the ability and everything at its disposal to do this. All it's lacking is people like you who are interested and can make it a grand regiment.

Code
[b]Link to Your Steam Profile:[/b]
[b]Historically Accurate Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Do You Have TeamSpeak?:[/b]
[b]Do You Have a Microphone?:[/b]
[b]Why Do You Want to Join the Inniskilling?:[/b]
[b]How Would You Rate Your Melee Ability On a Scale of 1-10?:[/b]

Link to Your Steam Profile: Eg:"https://steamcommunity.com/id/phluxx"
Historical Accurate Character Name: Eg:"Martin_Murphy"
Do You Have TeamSpeak?: Eg:"Yes"
Do You Have a Microphone?: Eg:"Yes"
Why Do You Want to Join the Inniskilling?: Eg:"I'm looking for a disciplined and mature regiment that cares about history too."
How Would You Rate Your Melee Ability On a Scale of 1-10?: Eg:7, I'm pretty good but could improve."

Alternatively register through our Forums or contact PhluXx on Steam for a potential alternative entry.

Thanks to Ensign Patrick H. Pearse for Making Us These Insignias!

RANKS WITHIN THE REGIMENT

-OFFICERS-
Colonel (Col)
Lieutenant Colonel (LtCol)
Major (Maj)
Captain (Cpt)
Lieutenant (Lt)
Ensign (Ens)

-NON-COMMISSION OFFICERS-
Serjeant Major (SjtMaj)
Colour Serjeant (CSjt)
Serjeant (Sjt)
Corporal (Cpl)

-ENLISTED-
Lance Corporal (LCpl)
Private (Pte)
Recruit (Rec)

REGIMENTAL MUSTER

Lawrence Finn Irvine (Col)

Jeffrey Fletcher (LtCol)

Patrick Finnegan (Maj)

Patrick H. Pearse (Ens)

Ryan O'Connor (Sjt)

Séamus O'Neill (Sjt)

Richard McCreary (Cpl)

Chris Enfield (Cpl)

George Mactavish (LCpl)

Dillon MacKenna (Pte)

Alan McCready (Rec)

Aidan Brannigan (Rec)

Alfred Anderssons (Rec)

Andrew MacPherson (Rec)

Our Banner

This regiment will be using historically accurate names. In the sense that the character name which is used after the regimental designation number and rank, must be appropriate with the era and regiment. You are not required to choose names of soldiers which existed, it is recommended that you don't, the only requirement is that you choose a name appropriate for a Northern Irishman.

As mentioned already this regiment will be as historically accurate as deemed appropriate, with discipline being a  key factor.

Events are planned to be held 5 times weekly, with Bootcamp being a mandatory event for Recruits, the other events will include 2 training sessions and 2 battles. You are expected to attend these sessions and events, you may be excused but you must notify us before hand. Continued lack of attendance may result in the loss of rank or by being Dishonourably Discharged from the regiment.

A recruit will be promoted to the rank of Private after at least one Bootcamp session, or if a Commanding Officer deems necessary their promotion may be delayed by up to 3 Bootcamp sessions, due to behaviour.

Outside of events and sessions, a relaxed attitude and form of behaviour is acceptable and is also expected. After all we're all people here who want to have fun, so we only expect you to act appropriately when it is necessary.

This regiment currently has an in-game server, as many slots will be assigned to the server as deemed necessary. A regimental forum will soon be set up, as will a regimental TeamSpeak. A group fighting server is also expected to be released within the next month.

All other regiments with 27th in the name hold different tags, thus confusion should not be a concern. Also, please try not to confuse us with past regiment of a similar name, as these regiments have disbanded. Newkirk the leader of the Line Infantry regiment '27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [NA]' an I, have both come to an agreement in regards to my use of the designation '27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot [EU]', due to our regiments being based in in different regions. This was agreed upon prior to my the creation of this regiment. Both our respective tags are different, with the tags of this regiment being "27th_Rank_Firstname_Surname". These tags which I have chosen for the regiment were completely available at the time and thus were claimed due to that respect.

We are a completely independent regiment, who hold no affiliation or relation with any other regiment or organisation, from past or present.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:30:14 pm by PhluXx »

Offline The Unnamed Spartan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 66th_Pte_Unnamed_Spartan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 27th Regiment of Foot - The Inniskilling - [EU]
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »
Good luck.

Spoiler
Thought you were going inactive ^
[close]
Now there is silence

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:03:24 pm »
Good luck.

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:10:08 pm »
Good Luck!

Offline Moskito

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »
Good Luck!
Bagins: In terms of who I wouldnt like to play, Germany, they're cancer and bring the game down.

Offline Neon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:34:27 pm »
Good luck.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 03:35:57 pm »
Good luck.

Offline Super

• Major
  • Captain of the 3rd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Capt_Alexander_Cameron
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 03:51:30 pm »
Good Luck!  :D

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:25:06 pm »
Good luck!
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:02 pm »
Good Luck man !!! :D

Offline Lewbi

• First Sergeant
  • Jerome happy.
    • View Profile