Author Topic: Reenactment Videos  (Read 58220 times)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Videos
« Reply #510 on: June 27, 2017, 11:58:32 pm »
That's not really right either. If the Suhr drawings are accurate, soldiers wore different models, but the ones that had a guard with multiple bars, they always covered the entire hand and not just the front, like this. That one also clearly has only one bar. Two-bar-models can be seen though, as well as models looking very much like the French sabre-briquet.

True, but there's always the issue: does anyone actually even make those models nowadays?
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2017, 12:01:41 am »
The early french sabre briquet is extremely difficult to get though, mostly originals. Most units just use the later one, because finding an early version is difficult.

You might have seen it, the difference is pretty much only the handle. The one we have is an original early version, the one in NW is the late version. The early version is more squarish.

That's not really right either. If the Suhr drawings are accurate, soldiers wore different models, but the ones that had a guard with multiple bars, they always covered the entire hand and not just the front, like this. That one also clearly has only one bar. Two-bar-models can be seen though, as well as models looking very much like the French sabre-briquet.

True, but there's always the issue: does anyone actually even make those models nowadays?

Most of the early versions are not available as replicas, I am only aware of the early prussian model. Most french models are not. Infact, the french sabre briquet replica most people have is actually the prussian sabre... I mean, the difference is negligible, if existant, but its still there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:34:28 am by Olafson »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:12 am »
I got the squarish one for Nassau voltigeurs. I'm willing to sell it for any reasonable bid  :P

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 29, 2017, 03:09:27 am »
I got the squarish one for Nassau voltigeurs. I'm willing to sell it for any reasonable bid  :P

i want NW stuff its hard to find in america

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2017, 02:35:48 pm »
Come to Europe. ::)