Author Topic: The Hunter 2013  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
The Hunter 2013
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:10:00 am »
So I was introduced to this game called The Hunter by death by EMP, and I started playing it, and it may just be the most immersive game I've ever played. It's basically a simulator so there are a lot of complex mechanics like tracking, real time hour and minutes in the day (Or almost), real time weather, very realistic graphics, and dynamic roaming animals. This game is completely free-roam and takes place on a huge nature reserve that seems to be dozens of miles across. I've only explored a very small portion of it, but so far it's beautiful. It's free, so all you have to do is make an account on their website and sign up for the beta, and then download their client. Unfortunately the game requires an internet connection at all times to run, even though it's singleplayer, which is a nuisance.

http://www.thehunter.com/pub/landing/

Here are some screenshots I took while tracking deer: (the screenshots got formatted in a weird resolution, sorry)

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

And here's some gameplay footage:

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA1dXllthqI[/youtube]
[close]

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The Hunter 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:00 am »
This game only means 1 thing...........

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:56 am »
Haha yeah one of his videos was some of the first gameplay I saw of it.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »
Played this a long time ago, even paid a little bit to expand your licenses.

My notes:

It gets very boring after a while, as all you do is stalk deer and shoot shit but you have limitations as you have to be humane
You have to pay to kill other animals and explore other regions, really i wasted 20 euros

Just drags, and gets very frustrating
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »
They should bring out a Dorner DLC

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »
Played this a long time ago, even paid a little bit to expand your licenses.

My notes:

It gets very boring after a while, as all you do is stalk deer and shoot shit but you have limitations as you have to be humane
You have to pay to kill other animals and explore other regions, really i wasted 20 euros

Just drags, and gets very frustrating

Well yeah, I guess that's why it's called a simulator and not an arcade type game. I was able to just enjoy the scenery while tracking stuff, but maybe that's because I was playing on max settings. And I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay to unlock more animals, just hunt enough deer and you'll move into another level mission.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »
I have been playing The Hunter for 2 years now though.... so actually this means one thing...... Death by EMP

Also, you have to micro-transact, but it is very reasonably priced. You can buy everything in the game (locations, items, animals, guns, outfits... EVERYTHING) for the price of a brand new game ($60) It is very worth it if you are into hunting. Also, the thing about realism... well, your PDA is some high tech shit, that's all I will say.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:42:53 pm by Death by EMP »