Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 280431 times)

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2445 on: August 01, 2017, 12:27:14 am »
Spoiler
Davos is the kind of friend who would jump balls deep into a knife fight just because you are his friend
[close]

Spoiler
Also that torture scene was intense
[close]

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 01, 2017, 12:31:50 am »
Spoiler
Also how the fuck is Jorah not dead from infections. The dude had half of his skin cut off.
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2447 on: August 01, 2017, 04:11:41 am »
Spoiler
Yeah. The Archmaester letting essentially a leper out into the world without any real indication that he's truly cured, while being clearly the Archmaester of fucking MEDICINE, was kinda nutty.
[close]

Spoiler
Euron will probably proudly and nobly ride a horse that spawned form thin air into King's Landing, even though that's not really an Ironborn thing to do, pulling the Dornish girls by chains, to show off how he did it all by himself, or something stupid like that.
[close]

WOW WOULD YA FUCKIN LOOK AT THAT I WAS 100% RIGHT LOL

Spoiler
My biggest problems with the episode were actually pretty small. I mainly was just upset at those battle sequences, because:

- Casterly Rock looked like a castle on a rock. It's a fucking massive mountain-like rock that's been carved and sculpted from the inside out, it really is a massive boulder, just with bits of castle poking out from the sides and top. That's 100% of the art I've seen for it, and they completely threw those considerations out the window. That's frustrating. I mean, come on:
Spoiler
[close]
- The Unsullied were supposed to, theoretically at least, scale that entire cliff face, recover formations (which were way too TW for me), and climb the ladders without any sort of ranged weaponry at all? They were expecting to go up against a fully manned castle and just winged it with a 100% spearman roster? That's kinda dumb lol.
 - The Lannister formation was kinda nonsense. Even if they're planning to flatout assault Highgarden, wouldn't it be way easier to surround it, lay siege for a couple of days maybe, and wait until the defenders are getting a bit exhausted from shifts and preparations and a bit hungry from more regulated meals while the attackers get well rested after a massive march from the Westerlands to Highgarden? And no, "but they attacked before the defenders were prepared" is not a good excuse, because with an army that massive, how does no one spot it and messages don't make it to Highgarden? What, is there zero resistance along the way? The Osgreys aren't doing so great, it's not even that clear if they're not extinct (but please don't be ;~;), but surely some other Northmarch lords could at least get the message to Highgarden. I'm not saying that the Highgarden defenders should have won, it would definitely make sense that they would lose, but the Lannisters attacked in the weirdest way possible. That army formation looked like something in Total War when a noob plays with a 40 unit army.
 - Also, the Unsullied choreography was just retarded, so much of that fight looked so unreal, and it finished off with a spear chuck into a guy who, for some reason, hopped up into the air just before and was super glued to the door.

I also don't want to hear "it was a dramatization because it was being narrated from a character who wasn't there's POV" excuse, because it clearly wasn't. It broke the fourth wall, if it was. Tyrion had no way of knowing Euron would reach them and destroy their fleet.
[close]
tl;dr
There's not much to rip on in this episode except the battles, even though there felt like a lot wrong with them. Oh, and seeing the last waifu of the show (except Sansa I guess) die, or face impending and likely assured death, that sucked. But at least it's confirmed now that Cersei will go down. Heh. Heh heh.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:17:27 am by Audiate »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2448 on: August 01, 2017, 07:02:40 am »
Spoiler
Probably wanted to take Highgarden and wipe out the last Tyrell before she could send for her bannermen.

Although we saw zero siege weapons when the Lannisters marched on Highgarden so that was kinda weird.
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:15 am »
Spoiler
Maybe Euron split his fleet to defend Casterly Rock before the battle in the last episode?

(I guess that would be an explenations if you don't want to belive in the teleport theory was just thinking that because we never saw Euron during the battle.)
[close]

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 01, 2017, 11:31:30 am »
Spoiler
Maybe Euron split his fleet to defend Casterly Rock before the battle in the last episode?

(I guess that would be an explenations if you don't want to belive in the teleport theory was just thinking that because we never saw Euron during the battle.)
[close]
Spoiler
the big fuck-off ship is his flagship, the silence - we might not be able to see him, but he's definitely there.
[close]
Spoiler
whatever happened to ilyn payne?
[close]

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2451 on: August 01, 2017, 01:28:22 pm »
Spoiler
So, the roses died, sad but not critically. Battles made me sad, they look sooo cheap, i dont expect the large scale, but at atleast not so fake, oh cmon. Mostly, i'm waiting for an action on the North, that will be an epic fight of all the best fighters of a Westeros.
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #2452 on: August 01, 2017, 02:14:32 pm »
Spoiler
Euron will probably proudly and nobly ride a horse that spawned form thin air into King's Landing, even though that's not really an Ironborn thing to do, pulling the Dornish girls by chains, to show off how he did it all by himself, or something stupid like that.
[close]

WOW WOULD YA FUCKIN LOOK AT THAT I WAS 100% RIGHT LOL

Yeah that was indeed an excellent call. Imagine the money you could make directing a GoT episode.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 01, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »
Spoiler
When did Bran become such a creep though
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2454 on: August 01, 2017, 08:31:39 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
What Jelly said. We got a direct shot of his flagship--now I understand why they put those ridiculous side sails on, to let it stand out. Still, it's ridiculous how fast the Ironborn got there given that the Unsullied navy had such an incredible head start. My guess is that it was supposed to be a longer, much more drawn out siege/battle, since Casterly Rock, you know, isn't supposed to be a dumb little fucking fort on a rock. Comparing the inside-the-walls shot we got, from Grey Worm's POV on the battlements, that shit was like 1/100th the size of Winterfell. I can totally accept that if that was a reimagining of Castamere or something, but not fucking Casterly Rock.
[close]

Spoiler
When did Bran become such a creep though
[close]

Spoiler
I guess because he's constantly zoned out, or what he's seen (which we haven't necessarily seen) is so shocking.
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »
Spoiler
More than just a creep. Let's just mention your sister looked pretty when she was raped. if his storyline doesn't get realy fucking interesting really fast, he's going straight to my 'I-don't-care-if-you-die-horribly'-list
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 01, 2017, 09:50:44 pm »
Spoiler
More than just a creep. Let's just mention your sister looked pretty when she was raped. if his storyline doesn't get realy fucking interesting really fast, he's going straight to my 'I-don't-care-if-you-die-horribly'-list
[close]

Which people are on your list at the moment? Just curious
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 01, 2017, 09:59:24 pm »
Well... most ofthem got killed, which was enjoyable. The sand snakes, Khal Drogo (never liked him). Cat's sister (that Arryn bitch). I still wouldn't care about Jorah Mormont, Brienne, her squire and gendry. After it was obvious we wouldn't see Margaery naked any more she got on there as well. Oh and Euron. But that was from second 1 he showed up. He serves no fucking purpose.
Oh and Dany. She's annoying. And Lord Tarly. Grey Wom has become too boring and I never liked Missandei. She's supposed to be 10 years old. How the fuck did they miss THAT turn?

People at the top of my shitlist are Cersei, Qyburn, and the Mountain.

People at the top of my live-list: Tyrion, Sansa, Littlefinger, Hound (he should be the one getting to kill the Mountain, it'd be poetic), Jon, Varys, Davos.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2458 on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:04 pm »
Should probably still spoiler that riddlez  ::)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 01, 2017, 10:20:35 pm »
Spoiler
Why are Randyll Tarly and Qyburn on your list? I think they're both quite interesting men. Especially Randyll, with his history. I like the actor who plays him aswell. I am also fairly sure that in the reach most people support the crown over their liege lord, so in this case calling him a traitor seems to be wrong. Besides, Randyll hates the Dothraki (for good reason, given that they are known for burning villages and fighting like savages) and everything else that's foreign, so it makes sense for him to fight for the Lannisters.

Dany is becoming more annoying by the episode. Her arrogance + all her problems getting solved by her dragons are really making her a boring character. (Her dragons got her the Unsullied army, her Dragons ended the siege of Mereen and now I am fairly sure her Dragons will burn the Lannister+Tarly army)

Despite everything she went through I never felt like she wouldn't achieve her goals. Even now that her allies got wiped out with ease, I still feel like there is no way she can lose this war as long as she has those dragons. Really, at this point the dragons make the war that's going on quite boring, well, predictable rather. I don't feel like Qyburn's weapons will be able to deal with the dragons. I mean, I find it hard to imagine those ballistas finding their targets during the chaos of battle, especially now that it is likely the battle will be while the Lannisters are on the march.

My favourite characters at this point are probably Jaime and Sandor Clegane. Just the way they have developped since season 1 makes them interesting. My favourite character used to be Stannis, before D&D butchered him.
[close]

Put it in spoilers to be safe!1
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:22:17 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"