Author Topic: [RGL9] Previews & Interviews - L1 Previews Posted  (Read 7454 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [RGL9] Previews & Interviews - L1 Previews Posted
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2023, 12:38:04 am »
past is the past can't change it unfortunately, now I'm just curious to see how the top regs of L2 fare against the 96y and whether any L2 regs could have been moved up! bit sad that there's only 3 regs now in L1

league 2 previews when btw
<3

As someone who knows desant he isn't a cry baby. cant say the same for some people from 55th tho.
It didn't ocurr to me when I posted on the thread aimed at L1 regiments regarding changes that we could do bother it starts, that Desant probably wouldnt really say anything.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2023, 12:40:34 am »
Problem is, 15thYR, 45thN and 55th are far above everyone else that even if regiments beat 96y, they’d probably just get as stomped as them if they went into league one

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2023, 12:45:11 am »
this is why stacks kill the game

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2023, 12:51:49 am »
EU just going through the same regimental progression NA did years ago :p

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2023, 12:57:16 am »

Giorno

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2023, 01:13:08 am »
Also 96y can talk for themselves, it's pretty clear they don't belong in league 1 after getting 15-0'ed and 15-2ed. As someone who knows desant he isn't a cry baby. cant say the same for some people from 55th tho.

Regardless of last RGL and 55th, 96y have asked to move to the easier L2, and Wursti is soying out on the thread, who mind you is leadership over there. We can just sit back and watch them roll now.

Sure, 96y dont belong in L1 rn, but neither did that 55th if Nightwing wants to bring it up. We can all play goofy games

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2023, 01:23:07 am »
wasn't 55th originally wanting to be L1 when they was placed in l2? i remember something along those lines? then they got L1, no one showed up and then dropped out.

96y didn't cry, john price asked them.

Giorno

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2023, 01:29:17 am »
wasn't 55th originally wanting to be L1 when they was placed in l2? i remember something along those lines? then they got L1, no one showed up and then dropped out.

I don't know what you are talking about with 55th, and I don't see why it's relevant.

So according to your interpretation, John Price simply asked them if they wanted to go to L2, presumably before Wursti soyed out? Or was it: Wursti soys out, a dialogue begins and they (in the most charitable interpretation) agree to go to L2.

We can all read the thread and infer what was going on internally when one of their officers decides to post that turbo cringe on the thread  ;D

A neutral question, from what I understand Price asked the L2 regs last year whether they'd be ok with 55th going to L2, and I think they were happy until Price was informed of the 55th roster they entered. Was the same done this time, i.e. were the other L2 regs happy with this?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 01:31:15 am by Giorno »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2023, 01:33:02 am »
wursti isnt officer staff

Giorno

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2023, 01:34:11 am »
wursti isnt officer staff

💀💀💀 good chat

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2023, 01:40:18 am »
NA went through it like 6+ years ago tho at least xD

There has been situations like this before with 96y, 72nd and some others where people don't actually ask them if they want to stay League 1 or not, they earned the spot so they should have a say in if they want to keep it. But in fairness to Desant I never actually asked them what they wanted until now.

I know its bad to update tournament participants whilst the season is ongoing, but there's another 6+ matchweeks to go, if it was already past the halfway mark then it would have of course been too late for a change like this.

Yeah exactly, nobody cried to me (except Wursti but thats expected behaviour 8) ), I just suggested the move to Desant in order for them to get a more fulfilled experience from RGL.

A neutral question, from what I understand Price asked the L2 regs last year whether they'd be ok with 55th going to L2, and I think they were happy until Price was informed of the 55th roster they entered. Was the same done this time, i.e. were the other L2 regs happy with this?
Yeah there was a big meeting on I believe either the 18e, 15th or 45thN teamspeak where that and I believe one or two other things were mentioned, between the League 2 reg leaders and tournament admin team (5 of us). We were okay with the idea in principle but after the roster that was submitted we decided it should be up to all the L2 reg leaders to which we all agreed not to move them down.

Correct me if I am wrong, might be miss remembering but this incident wasn't exactly *long* after their first RGT 10v10 win? So they had that reputation under them as well? It was a while ago.

Giorno

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2023, 01:49:20 am »

Correct me if I am wrong, might be miss remembering but this incident wasn't exactly *long* after their first RGT 10v10 win? So they had that reputation under them as well? It was a while ago.

That's part of the reason why the 55th situation was a lot more messy than this one. There was a lot of incompetence from some members in the handling of that.

Yeah there was a big meeting on I believe either the 18e, 15th or 45thN teamspeak where that and I believe one or two other things were mentioned, between the League 2 reg leaders and tournament admin team (5 of us). We were okay with the idea in principle but after the roster that was submitted we decided it should be up to all the L2 reg leaders to which we all agreed not to move them down.

I can't tell from this, are you referring to the 55th events last RGL with this, or is this what happened this time with 96y? Specifically "we decided it should be up to all the L2 reg leaders to which we all agreed not to move them down."

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2023, 01:55:32 am »

we were placed in L1 due to our strength pre split, then we asked for l2 pointing that most of those players were gone and got it after consultation with leaders iirc, then posted an inaccurate roster that showed a bunch of inactives that were too high skill for l2 and got placed back in league 1. After a 15-0 by 15thYR and a 15-4 by 96y (lol) we dropped from the league.

similar circumstances just dumb mistakes made by 55th leadership

Wursti

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2023, 02:28:17 am »
Okay so first of all sorry for my wording, i was very very very frustrated

And didnt want to start a heated discussion or anything with it, was just my way of saying we are too bad for L1 which I think everyone agrees on at this point

Also im not sure if we are too good for L2 or anything either as idk any rosters there nor have I checked any regiment there, but yea getting 0-15d every matchweek is just very demotivating

Also yes, stacks do kill the game as 96y tends to always lose all their best players when RGLs get announced, which obviously Price cant really know when seeding the leagues

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2023, 02:34:35 am »
I can't tell from this, are you referring to the 55th events last RGL with this, or is this what happened this time with 96y? Specifically "we decided it should be up to all the L2 reg leaders to which we all agreed not to move them down."
Sorry I meant last time with 55th. Although similar in nature, this situation with 96y is a little more cut and dry.

Okay so first of all sorry for my wording, i was very very very frustrated
In that case, when are you not frustrated?  ;D

Also yes, stacks do kill the game as 96y tends to always lose all their best players when RGLs get announced, which obviously Price cant really know when seeding the leagues
That is still partially my fault, I didn't reconsider it when your roster was posted which in heign sight is my fault.

similar circumstances just dumb mistakes made by 55th leadership
Situations like this are hard as a tourney organiser because there's only so reasonable you can be xD