Install WSE2 server-side and limit FOV, if fails ban WSE2
11 (11.7%)
Allow WSE2
28 (29.8%)
Install WSE2 server-side and limit FOV, if fails allow WSE2
25 (26.6%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: October 23, 2022, 01:17:11 am

Author Topic: WSE2 (community vote)  (Read 2915 times)

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
WSE2 (community vote)
« on: October 20, 2022, 12:09:33 am »
As requested, a poll for WSE2 has been created. I'll have voter visibility on for the sake of showing gamed votes (getting a regiment involved).

I've been arguing against it for time, but at the end of the day as Janne said, will be decided by community votes. I've added 4 voting options based on the current events. Voters will be shown after the poll has ended, which I've set at 7 days.

kind regards,
trot888

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WSE2 (community vote)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 02:33:58 pm »
Hi,

So, the poll shows interesting but expected results, the majority voting option being to ban WSE2 at 30 votes, however, if you were to include all scenarios, allowing WSE2 (if including the FOV limit) has the overall majority vote with 53 votes to 41. I hardly expected so many votes to ban WSE2 and was much closer than probably most people expected, so it's nice to see that the discussion didn't entirely go to waste. The best action (with 36 votes) is to install WSE2 server-side and restrict FoV, and if fails, continue discussion on what to do next.

I do wonder why people would vote for the third option rather than the last option, especially considering the last option removes the issue without people actually having to do something (apart from the person installing it server-side), a possible reason could be because they may be seeing the advantage of FoV and are now using it and looking at a few of those names it seems very plausible, my other guess is because they didn't entirely read the poll and just selected allow, because even if you didn't care, you'd still pick the last option as it removes cheating, wouldn't make any sense to select the third option unless you didn't read the other ones.

And as you can see in the video below, we all know coco has terrible awareness, so at 4 seconds you can see that he saw the guy behind quite easily and blocked him. As you can see, he also voted to 'allow WSE2', rather than to allow WSE2 but limit FOV.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:31:59 pm by Fietta »

Online Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 03:11:29 pm »
I do wonder why people would vote for the third option rather than the last option, especially considering the last option removes the issue without people actually having to do something (apart from the person installing it server-side), a possible reason could be because they may be seeing the advantage of FoV and are now using it and looking at a few of those names it seems very plausible, my other guess is because they didn't entirely read the poll and just selected allow, because even if you didn't care, you'd still pick the last option as it removes cheating, wouldn't make any sense to select the third option unless you didn't read the other ones.
I do also wonder why people, which names I have never heard before, create fresh fse accounts or reactivated their 0 post account to straight up vote for option 1  ???

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 03:21:09 pm »
I do also wonder why people, which names I have never heard before, create fresh fse accounts or reactivated their 0 post account to straight up vote for option 1  ???
2 of them have 0 posts and another 2 have less than 3 posts in total

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 03:21:39 pm »
Either way it didn't win; majority vote was an FOV limit, and the people who voted option 3 are just outright cheaters or people who can't read polls.

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 03:25:36 pm »
allowing WSE2 has the overall majority vote with 53 votes to 41.

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 03:26:59 pm »
+ some 45th dogs who and friends who aren't even playing anything competitive  :)
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 03:30:23 pm »
allowing WSE2 has the overall majority vote with 53 votes to 41.

Yes, that's if you include the limit on top of allowing WSE2, not outright allowing it. Majority 'vote' would be both the second and fourth option with 36 votes to limit.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 03:31:16 pm »
So what's happening now? Nothing!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Online Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 03:32:21 pm »
+ some 45th dogs who and friends who aren't even playing anything competitive  :)
I mean, it's their opinion and no problem as they don't use a 2nd account to boost that here, but this is not offical nor EGS/what ever other tournament vote on how it should be done imo. Besides of course that the organiseres still decide how they want to run there event

So what's happening now? Nothing!
This. (Can't really believe to agree with Vegi  :-[)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:34:00 pm by Nightwing »

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 03:33:03 pm »
Either way it didn't win; majority vote was an FOV limit, and the people who voted option 3 are just outright cheaters or people who can't read polls.

?

Discounting the accounts that voted with 0 posts and no activity removes plurality from the “ban WSE2” option. It makes the polar opposite, “allow WSE2”, a plurality. Though, the most votes are for the server side FOV limit.

I don’t understand you calling people that disagree with you “outright cheaters or people who can’t read polls”. You boasted that option 1 had the most votes, despite many of those being from people that don’t use the forums and don’t take part in the community at large. I think it’s questionable at best whether many of those people understood the issue, and with my tinfoil hat on it looks more like someone told those people to vote.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2022, 03:34:26 pm »

?

Discounting the accounts that voted with 0 posts and no activity removes plurality from the “ban WSE2” option. It makes the polar opposite, “allow WSE2”, a plurality. Though, the most votes are for the server side FOV limit.

I don’t understand you calling people that disagree with you “outright cheaters or people who can’t read polls”. You boasted that option 1 had the most votes, despite many of those being from people that don’t use the forums and don’t take part in the community at large. I think it’s questionable at best whether many of those people understood the issue, and with my tinfoil hat on it looks more like someone told those people to vote.

I don't see any reason to vote option 3 unless you're using FOV, because if you could limit cheating with option 4, why would you vote 3 which goes against the 'disagree', because I also disagree with option 4, but I'm not questioning why people are selecting that option, more-so the third option because it makes absolutely no sense. Someone may have told someone to vote, but wasn't me because I don't know who these people are either

If you could give me a reason as to why people would vote option 3 over option 4 (other than the reasons I mentioned), I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:40:50 pm by Fietta »

Online Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 03:48:34 pm »
If you could give me a reason as to why people would vote option 3 over option 4 (other than the reasons I mentioned), I'm all ears.
1. Cause the guy who made the vote gave us the option to vote so.
2. I don't use nor have ever used it, but why would I forbid others to do so if I don't care performence wise and don't think, as people mentioned in the other thread, it would help me (zoom out more distracting etc.)

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2022, 03:49:40 pm »

?

I don't see any reason to vote option 3 unless you're using FOV, because if you could limit cheating with option 4, why would you vote 3 which goes against the 'disagree', because I also disagree with option 4, but I'm not questioning why people are selecting that option, more-so the third option because it makes absolutely no sense. Someone may have told someone to vote, but wasn't me because I don't know who these people are either

Cause fov doesn't make any difference and most people use wse2 for performance reasons. I've been using wse2 before reaper made his post and I've never used a higher fov aside from one time when me and spooky where fucking around in a friendly 1v1.
If u want proof just msg me on steam

Online Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2022, 03:49:58 pm »
1. Cause the guy who made the vote gave us the option to vote so.

To catch out the cheaters  8)

Cause fov doesn't make any difference and most people use wse2 for performance reasons. I've been using wse2 before reaper made his post and I've never used a higher fov.
If u want proof just msg me on steam

If you haven't watched people's videos of how higher FOV does without a doubt give an advantage and has allowed people to block and see people behind them, then I don't know what to tell you. Just because higher FOV doesn't make a difference for you, doesn't mean it doesn't make a difference for others.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:52:39 pm by Fietta »