Author Topic: [NWIL] Main Thread week 3 (Season 1 over)  (Read 17128 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NWIL] Main Thread week 3
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2022, 10:17:06 pm »
1. I disagree with Stockholm that the FiC was not rounddeciding, it was. Its fuckin 17v17 thats an obvious call when two people get FiC´ed.
For me only 1 was FIC and the other was fine. So I decided to just go for the slay. On this one I would actually love some footage to see if my view was on point or not.

2. I like the fact that no 45th member actually knows when its time to cancel a reload, but If Stockholm already gave the 45th a LAST warning that they need to be careful about RoL but it happens again in nearly every round and no slays are happening. I have to admit that I am offended. Furthermore they even recieved a SECOND LAST warning for RoL, which cant be a thing. That would have been 2-3 slays in the last round which would have resulted in the Nr13 winning the overall match (score was 5-4 for Nr13).
3. RoL has to also count for the officer class, I am pretty sure no officer can be allowed to reload a pistol or a musket out of line.
The 45thN has a pretty bad ROL issue. I also counted around 10 in the whole match. But again, the full truth is that after the Last Warning (the first) they were extremely minor and a slay would have been way too harsh.

4. Their Officer covered the line by moving in front of it which resulted in him beeing shot multiple times, why the fuck does he get revived? We didnt even shoot at him directly but at the members behind him.
5. Why the fuck are they allowed to change their roster laste minute VIA STEAM just in order to let some high level Grens play the last NWIL game?! On a personal note maskman, I have to say I am just highly disappointed.
4. I personally didn't notice the officer jump in front of the line, but I also didn't really look at it as the match was difficult enough. But as there were only 2 OAs I believe, cant be that bad.
5. Is a dick move and one for Maxence.

My overall problem with the match is not the fact that the 45th decided to camp the entire match but rather the fact that they broke so many rules so many times and nothing happened. Its an absolutely great feeling seeing 2-3 RoL´s in one round and then also getting 2-3 FiC´s in your face. Like some form of resonable punishment needs to happen, there is no way you can let this shitshow slide through the way its about to happen.

Accusing the 45thN of camping is simply a false statement. They played more of a shooting game. But all in mid or close distance. They simply outlead you in the second half.

I feel fucking weird defending 45thN. But my opinion as a referee really is that it was not close to as bad as Nr13 portrays.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:21:16 pm by StockholmDE »

Offline NotOnly

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Major in the Nr13 and 24th Illinois
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2022, 10:38:52 pm »
The 45thN has a pretty bad ROL issue. I also counted around 10 in the whole match. But again, the full truth is that after the Last Warning (the first) they were extremely minor and a slay would have been way too harsh.
That still doesnt explain why you last warned them twice instead of actually doing something else when you last warned them again. Cant be minor if you have to last warn them again.

4. I personally didn't notice the officer jump in front of the line, but I also didn't really look at it as the match was difficult enough. But as there were only 2 OAs I believe, cant be that bad.
The point is we only shoot for blobbs. If he covers a blobb (twice because he got shot twice) he actively denies us some pretty easy kills, which would have been rounddeciding considering how low the numbers where in the last meelee.

Accusing the 45thN of camping is simply a false statement. They played more of a shooting game. But all in mid or close distance. They simply outlead you in the second half.
Camping or no camping dont really care, but its not hard to "outlead" if you get every single reload because you RoL. That gives you the chance to shoot again and again and again plus we cant do shit about it. Someone is gonna hit something - sometime. Even if it takes 20 "minor" RoL´s.

I feel fucking weird defending 45thN. But my opinion as a referee really is that it was not close to as bad as Nr13 portrays.
I feel weird even having this conversation thats one thing I could easily not have. Even if they only did minor RoL´s, the fact that they did minor RoL´s the entire match just seems odd to me. That would mean you can "minor" break rules for the entire match and no one is gonna do anything about it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:43:43 pm by NotOnly »

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2022, 10:48:11 pm »
Don't wanna make it last too long so a small last statement from me.

Not entirely wrong NotOnly, but the whole point looks a little small-time to me. You are too much picking about the ROLs when they really weren't as bad.

On another note. I´d favor it if we could for example void a round after the 5th small rulebreak. But as the rules stand, I don't think you really have a point beyond my "not entirely wrong"

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2022, 11:05:36 pm »
Really don’t think it was 20 ROLs. Most of these occurred during Mitchell’s tenure leading, these ofc weren’t intentional, it’s just the way Mitchell leads calling breaks quite late that sometimes rule breaks can occur.

We played to win from the side swap onwards where our leading and melee stepped up (this half being played with a much weaker roster). This match was by far in my opinion not a campy match whatsoever, or a rule break galore match as to where these would decide outcomes of rounds - at the end of the day we just had a very good second half, where we played to win as you’d expect in any tournament.

GG WP, was a fun interesting match regardless  ;D

So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Rayleigh

• Sergeant
  • My harem is filled with french NW players
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 55th_Col_Rayleigh
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2022, 11:58:08 pm »
Really don’t think it was 20 ROLs. Most of these occurred during Mitchell’s tenure leading, these ofc weren’t intentional, it’s just the way Mitchell leads calling breaks quite late that sometimes rule breaks can occur.

It doesn't matter if they weren't intentional and during who's part of leading. Shrugging it off as it is the way he leads lmao is easy to say, I call breaks last second and all that stuff too but doesn't mean my guys can just ROL the shit out of it... either adjust/fix your leading or intensify/improve the focus of your enlisted members and have them react faster and anticipate. preferably both

We played to win from the side swap onwards where our leading and melee stepped up (this half being played with a much weaker roster).

Nobody cares about "a weaker roster" it is a tourney, so what u on about?? Feels like ur trying to say it is okay to be shit, if it is cause u want to give all ur guys a chance to play fine but don't use it as a shitty excuse afterwards or even try to bring that up for no reason like u just did and maybe start trying to win from the start as again it is a tourney.

Seems like you guys only have fun during 1v1s when you take away all the fun for the other regiment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 12:03:37 am by Rayleigh »
'It was like playing vs 45thN centre or a turk reg" -> Boring / Running simulator / No enjoyment / Not even playing the game / Resident sleeper zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2022, 12:22:11 am »

It doesn't matter if they weren't intentional and during who's part of leading. Shrugging it off as it is the way he leads lmao is easy to say, I call breaks last second and all that stuff too but doesn't mean my guys can just ROL the shit out of it... either adjust/fix your leading or intensify/improve the focus of your enlisted members and have them react faster and anticipate. preferably both

We played to win from the side swap onwards where our leading and melee stepped up (this half being played with a much weaker roster).

Nobody cares about "a weaker roster" it is a tourney, so what u on about?? Feels like ur trying to say it is okay to be shit, if it is cause u want to give all ur guys a chance to play fine but don't use it as a shitty excuse afterwards or even try to bring that up for no reason like u just did and maybe start trying to win from the start as again it is a tourney.

Seems like you guys only have fun during 1v1s when you take away all the fun for the other regiment.

Regarding the RoLs, We made sure we cracked down on them (imo from what I saw at the back, they werent as bad as some paint them to be) as seen in the match where after we were given a last warning we were sure to not slip up and commit anymore rulebreaks. Not a single person was slain for an RoL throughout the match/

Regarding the weakened roster comment, it was true, second half we did have a weakened roster in comparison to the first half yet we preformed better. I highlighted this to just show that we played rotation as said before in a previous post and to emphasis that the comeback did not come from the 2 gren players that played but because we just stepped up the leading in melee and in general.

This comment really was never intended as an excuse, quite funny from you to assume it is an excuse, quite rich in fact   :P
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2022, 08:34:23 am »

Not entirely wrong NotOnly, but the whole point looks a little small-time to me. You are too much picking about the ROLs when they really weren't as bad.

On another note. I´d favor it if we could for example void a round after the 5th small rulebreak. But as the rules stand, I don't think you really have a point beyond my "not entirely wrong"

In the first match of this tournament, our player was slayed for ROL without any warning

Offline MaxenceIV

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Gren_Cpt_MaxenceIV
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2022, 09:57:11 am »

In the first match of this tournament, our player was slayed for ROL without any warning

If you’re reloading 5 meters away from your line because you didn’t have time to reload before your line is advancing then of course you deserve a slay. It can be different if you’re just reloading outside the line just because your formation is a disaster…

Anyway, it is at the sovereign discretion of the ref.

Offline MaxenceIV

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Gren_Cpt_MaxenceIV
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2022, 03:14:02 pm »
Alright, I made some cleaning on this thread. Please if you guys want to taunt each other use another thread or go in private.

Of course, you're still free to discuss peacefully and constructively about the rules or one match.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2022, 03:56:15 pm »
Everytime something happens Maskmans main response is "Mitchell was leading, our roster is weaker"

Mitchell was leading, our roster was garbo
[close]
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Giles

• Captain
  • Turco Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 98e_Col_Giles
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2022, 04:47:06 pm »
Match week: 5
Participants: 98e vs 2e
Date/Time: 07.07 thursday 7pm gmt
Referee : needed

Offline Mitchell

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Mitchell
  • Side: Union
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2022, 06:53:00 pm »
Everytime something happens Maskmans main response is "Mitchell was leading, our roster is weaker"

[close]

Even my own Major shits on my leading  :'(

Offline Rayleigh

• Sergeant
  • My harem is filled with french NW players
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 55th_Col_Rayleigh
« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2022, 07:51:23 pm »

[close]

'It was like playing vs 45thN centre or a turk reg" -> Boring / Running simulator / No enjoyment / Not even playing the game / Resident sleeper zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Gudrian

• First Sergeant
  • = )
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gudrian||George_Monro
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2022, 09:06:50 pm »
98e 6 vs 4   3y

That was a good match, with no slays and very few minor rulebreakings. In the first half of the match, 3y used the advantage of missing 98e Colonel Giles and won the first two rounds. When Giles came in he managed to get 2 out of three rounds in this half, and 4 in the second part, giving a victory to 98e. Good game both sides and congratulations to 98e on the victory!
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:57:47 pm by Gudrian »

Offline Giles

• Captain
  • Turco Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 98e_Col_Giles
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2022, 09:26:57 pm »
98e 6 vs 4   3y

That was a good match, with no slays and very few minor rulebreakings. In the first half of the match, 3y used the advantage of missing 98e Colonel Giles and won the first two rounds. When Giles came in he managed to get 2 out of three rounds in this half, and 4 in the second part, giving a victory to 98e. Good game both sides and congratulations to 98e on the victory!
Spoiler

[close]

GG to 3y and thank you gudrian!