Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 49035 times)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Sign-ups Open!
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2022, 02:00:09 pm »
Nr59, 56e and 77y were all not going to take part until I individually convinced them last minute, so you had plenty of time to convince them yourselves.

What I'm trying to say is: instead of complaining about us being "too stacked", appreciate the fact that we've brought three extra regiments to the tournament that had previously told the host they wouldn't be playing at all.
What kind of shitty argument is this lmao. "If you guys couldn't convince them then it's your fault that our team is stacked now"
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2022, 02:09:04 pm »
Nr59, 56e and 77y were all not going to take part until I individually convinced them last minute, so you had plenty of time to convince them yourselves.

What I'm trying to say is: instead of complaining about us being "too stacked", appreciate the fact that we've brought three extra regiments to the tournament that had previously told the host they wouldn't be playing at all.
What kind of shitty argument is this lmao. "If you guys couldn't convince them then it's your fault that our team is stacked now"
Yeah sorry I should've been more clear and direct for the idiots among us. God forbid we bring back 2 casual line regiments (one of which has almost entirely moved over to BCOF) and one league two RGL regiment (56e). Think about it for a second, 77y is playing goddamn cav for crying out loud. We could've played with 96y as one of our lines as well, would you have preferred that?

Offline BearlyHuman

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Maj_Robert_Sinclair
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:11 pm »
I would have preferred arty so I can drop my load from range on some virgins

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2022, 02:14:39 pm »

Yeah sorry I should've been more clear and direct for the idiots among us. God forbid we bring back 2 casual line regiments (one of which has almost entirely moved over to BCOF) and one league two RGL regiment (56e). Think about it for a second, 77y is playing goddamn cav for crying out loud. We could've played with 96y as one of our lines as well, would you have preferred that?
I'm only referring to what you actually wrote because it didn't make sense at all. I couldn't care less about this tournament, so I wouldn't go deep in this argumentation since the tournament is not really relevant.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2022, 02:20:24 pm »

Nice to see you all in NWBC aswell, cant wait to see 77y cav in action! :D

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2022, 02:24:45 pm »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2022, 02:49:16 pm »
(putting aside the issue that some cav players have left for inf regs)
I miss you
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2022, 04:38:35 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Good luck / have fun  :)
[close]

NWBC Season 5: This year we will balance the teams manually
Also NWBC Season 5:
Well they definitely balanced it manually by disallowing 15th and 4e from playing together, and then turning around and taking the 4e themselves. ;)

I don't see it as "turning around" in the sense that it's hypocritical, if that's what you are inferring.

It's evident to all that 15thYR is significantly stronger than both 33rd and the current 92nd after their gren split.
77y is likely stronger than 33rd and just below 92nd (not entirely sure on this since I don't see them too often).

4e is, imo, still the top cav reg in the game, but as I am sure you are aware the cav scene has been effectively non-existent for the past 6 months or so.
We can't be certain who will or won't perform over the course of a tournament when it comes to cav regs (putting aside the issue that some cav players in the top 3 regs have left for inf regs or the game entirely).

So it's fairly disingenuous to say it's hypocritical if you are equating the idea of 15th/77y/4e to 33rd/92nd/4e, but again I may be misinterpreting what you meant.
[close]
None of this is what I meant. Obviously 15th and 4e shouldn't be allowed to play together, it was a ridiculous idea to begin with. It's just that the fact that the hosts instantly teamed up with the 4e afterwards left a sour taste in my mouth. None of it was meant too serious anyways, hence the winkyface.

I appreciate that Rikkert and did apologise to Gi for it when we discussed a couple of weeks ago; it's worth mentioning that after I turned down that pairing I was pitched the idea of the 92nd/4e (not including the 33rd) and turned it down initially based upon the same grounds that I turned the 15th/4e down. It was only when Wolffe spoke to me after the 92nd grens walked that I considered the team viable and agreed to help them out with the 33rd.

It is also worth mentioning that a further balancing opportunity was explored only a week ago by myself and Chainsor. looking to see if both the Nr13 and 33rd could step down from their respective teams (these are arguably the strongest on paper) IF we found somewhere suitable for us both to go with regiments that we got on well with. Unfortunately many of the teams were already filling up by that point and options were limited so this plan was jointly abandoned.

I hope this helps paint a picture of how things played out, yes the balance could be better but I believe it has been worse in previous seasons.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2022, 05:29:12 pm »

Imagine playing with the 45thN Centre Company as one of your lines, it's lead by Mitchell so yea lol you guys dont have the ultimate handicap  :P

Spoiler
saviours of NW incoming
[close]
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2022, 07:14:39 pm »
Mental that I scrolled all 7 pages of this thread and can't find who asked?

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2022, 07:23:49 pm »
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease

Offline TxM

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2022, 08:49:01 pm »
(putting aside the issue that some cav players have left for inf regs)
I miss you
Missing you  :-\

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2022, 08:56:51 pm »
Group Name: Team BLOCK
Group Contacts (2x Steam ID's): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Chrisehh/ & https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023332890/

Regiment #1 Name: 1st Regiment of Foot Guards
Estimated Attendance: 15+
Preferred Class: Line
Contacts (Steam ID): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Chrisehh/

Regiment #2 Name: RG Group of Friendly Friends
Estimated Attendance: 15+
Preferred Class: Line
Contacts (Steam ID): https://steamcommunity.com/id/prettyfly4awhiteguy/

Regiment #3 Name: 59th Regiment of Foot
Estimated Attendance: 10-14
Preferred Class: Lights
Contacts (Steam ID): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023332890/

Regiment #4 Name: 32nd Regiment of Foot
Estimated Attendance: 10-14
Preferred Class: Cav
Contacts (Steam ID):
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046653016

I would just like to point out Razz's steam link is "prettyfly4awhiteguy"... Can I switch team mates?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2022, 09:02:23 pm »
Trying to fish for a twelfth team in the regimental pool, will report back in two days!!