Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]  (Read 45510 times)

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]
« Reply #510 on: January 25, 2022, 03:19:40 pm »
Now that a match has occurred after the deadline, there definitely shouldn't be any more trades 😂
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #511 on: January 25, 2022, 04:44:33 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
ur right here's risk and theodin vs the same teams. wow risk is so much better than theodin he definitely didn't go 2-11 first picks with a .69 k/d or anything. As for rune and yoshie rune has been great so far. Dropped a 1.5 k/d in a must-win match all while having covid. he's active and actually shows up to team scrims while yoshie doesn't know how to launch the correct NW. Dont try to act like the trade is 100% one sided and wastee threw
Ah yes devaluing the players you just traded for, you acquired them because they suck… right?

And an 0-3 team that hasn’t won a map yet downgrading their two best players is indeed throwing, especially given the context.

based

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2022, 05:14:09 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
ur right here's risk and theodin vs the same teams. wow risk is so much better than theodin he definitely didn't go 2-11 first picks with a .69 k/d or anything. As for rune and yoshie rune has been great so far. Dropped a 1.5 k/d in a must-win match all while having covid. he's active and actually shows up to team scrims while yoshie doesn't know how to launch the correct NW. Dont try to act like the trade is 100% one sided and wastee threw
Ah yes devaluing the players you just traded for, you acquired them because they suck… right?

And an 0-3 team that hasn’t won a map yet downgrading their two best players is indeed throwing, especially given the context.

based
[close]
Phonesoying
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2022, 06:24:39 pm »
Sure, Jazz, why not? If any other trade was demonstrably in the final stages of completion, but was aborted specifically because 12am eastern passed, send us proof. If it fulfills all other trade rules and we can be reasonably confident we're not being trolled, we'll consider it.

Apparently you can do whatever you want in this league, so I’ve decided to swap my entire L1 team for Mikey’s L2 team. This was jokingly mentioned 3 weeks ago, so therefore it’s allowed to go through. Long live L2.

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2022, 06:49:16 pm »
Sure, Jazz, why not? If any other trade was demonstrably in the final stages of completion, but was aborted specifically because 12am eastern passed, send us proof. If it fulfills all other trade rules and we can be reasonably confident we're not being trolled, we'll consider it.

Apparently you can do whatever you want in this league, so I’ve decided to swap my entire L1 team for Mikey’s L2 team. This was jokingly mentioned 3 weeks ago, so therefore it’s allowed to go through. Long live L2.
We did agree on this good luck in league 2 cwater
I would say it fits ur players such as oatmeal much better anyway
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 06:51:17 pm by MikeyBruh »

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2022, 06:53:49 pm »

We did agree on this good luck in league 2 cwater
I would say it fits ur players such as oatmeal much better anyway

I can’t wait for more Stryker Highlights but GVT style
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2022, 08:10:11 pm »
First of all, l gave Xethos the primary call on allowing it or not since I was involved in the trade. I was not made aware of this trade, nor did I know I was involved in it, until both finally agreed (ask Wastee or Mikey). I had given Mikey and Wastee the notion that if they needed extra time for trading, they could have it. I told them this the hours before any idea of this trade came up, even before all the other trades happened (ask them). I mishandled the communication and should have announced something to everyone earlier. This is pretty tl;dr but it is honestly what happened and I never extended to solely benefit myself. I care about hosting leagues that people enjoy, can compete in, and where I can help the community. I care about how I host and I hate any element of bias, so I work hard to not have any issues at all in the leagues I host.

The main issue was communication and that will be better going forward, to resolve any similar issues.

How does someone request a trade but doesn't whatsoever suspect he's involved in the trade talks between his captain and another captain? Also why randomly give extra time for trading to these two captains, unless I suppose every captain was told they had extra time to make trades after the deadline? Though from the reactions of the other captains, that doesn't seem to have been the case.
And let's not pretend that leaving the decision up to Xethos is anything more than a formality as if he's really going to block the trade, especially when the main reason, being past the deadline was apparently voided by special privilege given to these captains.

It's not even a problem in communication, it's a problem in circumstance, why were Mikey and Waste even given the notion that they had extra time in the first place when apparently no one else was? That's why even though you're saying it wasn't biased, it was just a problem with communication, it still looks biased as hell, and Xethos approving the trade instead of yourself does nothing to diminish that. Even if you gave both of them this idea that the deadline didn't apply to them hours before they had this specific trade idea, you still gave your captain extra time to fulfill your trade request. Even if that wasn't the direct intent behind giving them extra time, it's still effectively what you're doing through that action and at least indirectly influencing things in that favor, and even if it wasn't done for your sole benefit, I can't imagine that you were ignorant to the potential of it benefitting you.

Offline vha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 25, 2022, 08:44:01 pm »
black lives matter

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2022, 08:51:42 pm »

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2022, 09:08:52 pm »
Spoiler
First of all, l gave Xethos the primary call on allowing it or not since I was involved in the trade. I was not made aware of this trade, nor did I know I was involved in it, until both finally agreed (ask Wastee or Mikey). I had given Mikey and Wastee the notion that if they needed extra time for trading, they could have it. I told them this the hours before any idea of this trade came up, even before all the other trades happened (ask them). I mishandled the communication and should have announced something to everyone earlier. This is pretty tl;dr but it is honestly what happened and I never extended to solely benefit myself. I care about hosting leagues that people enjoy, can compete in, and where I can help the community. I care about how I host and I hate any element of bias, so I work hard to not have any issues at all in the leagues I host.

The main issue was communication and that will be better going forward, to resolve any similar issues.

How does someone request a trade but doesn't whatsoever suspect he's involved in the trade talks between his captain and another captain? Also why randomly give extra time for trading to these two captains, unless I suppose every captain was told they had extra time to make trades after the deadline? Though from the reactions of the other captains, that doesn't seem to have been the case.
And let's not pretend that leaving the decision up to Xethos is anything more than a formality as if he's really going to block the trade, especially when the main reason, being past the deadline was apparently voided by special privilege given to these captains.

It's not even a problem in communication, it's a problem in circumstance, why were Mikey and Waste even given the notion that they had extra time in the first place when apparently no one else was? That's why even though you're saying it wasn't biased, it was just a problem with communication, it still looks biased as hell, and Xethos approving the trade instead of yourself does nothing to diminish that. Even if you gave both of them this idea that the deadline didn't apply to them hours before they had this specific trade idea, you still gave your captain extra time to fulfill your trade request. Even if that wasn't the direct intent behind giving them extra time, it's still effectively what you're doing through that action and at least indirectly influencing things in that favor, and even if it wasn't done for your sole benefit, I can't imagine that you were ignorant to the potential of it benefitting you.
[close]
Me risk cwater waste Russian BabyJ Copot and Sanders(5/6 cpts btw) were playing NTW the night of the trade deadline so they all remember risk saying this. There in teamspeak in a channel with 5/6 cpts risk told wastee and I that he would be open to giving wastee and I more time to complete our trade. Wastee and I have been in trade talks nearly every day (as literally ur whole team wanted to get traded) and it was no different that night.

Our NTW game finished after the deadline and after it wastee and I continued our trade talks we were having from before the game had started. The reason it was me and waste and not other captains getting the notion that we would get an extension is that waste and I went out of our way to ask risk for the time when no other captains asked due to them keep in mind 5/6 cpts where in the channel hearing me risk and waste discuss getting a small few hour extension to work out the trade so they were not completely in the dark on this either.

I never mentioned to risk that he was the one being traded specifically but, when there's only 4 league 1 players that a cpt can trade, risk had to know that there is a chance he would be one of the people getting moved.

Biggest issue here is that the other captians weren't more involved not the fact that risk was hiding the trade so he could sneak his way out of the team.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2022, 09:12:56 pm »

This is why I stopped dueling godfried on the fourms, his keyboard warrior skills are by far the best in North American and perhaphs the world. GG Admins

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2022, 09:15:56 pm »
Spoiler

This is why I stopped dueling godfried on the fourms, his keyboard warrior skills are by far the best in North American and perhaphs the world. GG Admins
[close]
U cannot duel him in game or on the forums he simply does not lose.
except when he is forced to play with wastee

Offline vha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2022, 10:15:09 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
U cannot duel him in game or on the forums he simply does not lose.
except when he is forced to play with wastee

black lives matter

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2022, 11:23:07 pm »

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #524 on: January 26, 2022, 12:30:39 am »
Never realized suggested more time was a synonym for you can trade after the deadline 100%, but only if I [Risk] am a part of said trade