Author Topic: New World (aka NW)  (Read 4837 times)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: New World (aka NW)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2021, 10:19:02 pm »
New World looked cool, but I'm not a huge MMO person so I never got into it. Besides, it seems the hype for it died really really fast. Almost everyone I personally know who was hyping it up doesn't really play it anymore. Seemed too over-hyped imo

Nock

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 11:04:13 pm »
You can call me a weeb but I've been grinding FFXIV and it's by far the most engaging MMO I've played; story is incredible, raids are extremely difficult, professions are actually interesting and you can level all 'classes' on one character (get with the time WoW).

One of the most irritating aspects of the majority of MMOs is the profession grind, it's bland, you go to X co-ordinates and mine X vein. In FFXIV, professions are actually classes, with skills to improve quality of the item you're gathering. You want to increase the % chance of retrieving a HQ version of this vein? Use X then Y ability before harvesting. There's also 'collections' which use unspoilt veins/trees/bushes which spawn at certain times of the day which you can gather/mine and using abilities you can improve the quality of that collection depending on your professions AP, get it to 1000 quality then harvest? Sure turn that in for an additional reward. This is just the skeleton of the professions system, each profession has about 30 abilities to increase yield, chance of gather etc. Do you want to craft some really sick armour? Sure you can but you'll have to ask for help from other professions to get the required materials.

In terms of content, having alliance raids, standard raids, extreme trials, tribe quests, gold saucer; there's so much to do you'll almost certainly never get bored. The bosses are also super cool, with unique almost cinematic animations and timed events, FFXIV is notoriously known for having by far the most difficult bosses as it's about constant movement and complex mechanics.

One of the 100 of cool scenes I found, some bosses have Active time maneuvers.

I wouldnt in any sense call FFXIV a 'weeb' game, especially considering its more fantasy than weeby, bosses are very well thought out; characters are the only 'anime' looking part of the game and even that's a stretch, it's just a fantasy game in my eyes. People should certainly try it out, it's very close to hitting WoW numbers for subscription and player count and a LOT of longtime WoW players are moving to it. I dont watch anime but this game is fucking sick. It's also believed that FFXIV actually has more active players than WoW clocking over 3M daily, with WoW reported to only have around 2.2M daily.

stop that right now or i'll have to subscribe and that will make me fail my year

Elsse

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2021, 11:13:02 pm »
You can call me a weeb but I've been grinding FFXIV and it's by far the most engaging MMO I've played; story is incredible, raids are extremely difficult, professions are actually interesting and you can level all 'classes' on one character (get with the time WoW).

One of the most irritating aspects of the majority of MMOs is the profession grind, it's bland, you go to X co-ordinates and mine X vein. In FFXIV, professions are actually classes, with skills to improve quality of the item you're gathering. You want to increase the % chance of retrieving a HQ version of this vein? Use X then Y ability before harvesting. There's also 'collections' which use unspoilt veins/trees/bushes which spawn at certain times of the day which you can gather/mine and using abilities you can improve the quality of that collection depending on your professions AP, get it to 1000 quality then harvest? Sure turn that in for an additional reward. This is just the skeleton of the professions system, each profession has about 30 abilities to increase yield, chance of gather etc. Do you want to craft some really sick armour? Sure you can but you'll have to ask for help from other professions to get the required materials.

In terms of content, having alliance raids, standard raids, extreme trials, tribe quests, gold saucer; there's so much to do you'll almost certainly never get bored. The bosses are also super cool, with unique almost cinematic animations and timed events, FFXIV is notoriously known for having by far the most difficult bosses as it's about constant movement and complex mechanics.

One of the 100 of cool scenes I found, some bosses have Active time maneuvers.

I wouldnt in any sense call FFXIV a 'weeb' game, especially considering its more fantasy than weeby, bosses are very well thought out; characters are the only 'anime' looking part of the game and even that's a stretch, it's just a fantasy game in my eyes. People should certainly try it out, it's very close to hitting WoW numbers for subscription and player count and a LOT of longtime WoW players are moving to it. I dont watch anime but this game is fucking sick. It's also believed that FFXIV actually has more active players than WoW clocking over 3M daily, with WoW reported to only have around 2.2M daily.

holy shit that looks sick actually

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2021, 11:16:07 pm »
I lead The Dark Hearts in NA East Pluto (3rd largest NA server) we own weavers fen and are involved in almost every war. If anyone is looking for a company hmu.

My drip is on another level

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2021, 11:42:20 pm »
I lead The Dark Hearts in NA East Pluto (3rd largest NA server) we own weavers fen and are involved in almost every war. If anyone is looking for a company hmu.

Spoiler
[close]
didn't ask + L nerd + your regiment fell off
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2021, 11:49:34 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
didn't ask + L nerd + your regiment fell off

True

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2021, 11:52:01 pm »
holy shit that looks sick actually

Bosses are that complex you're almost always forced to watch a guide as there's some abilities where if you're not in the right place at the right time your entire team wipes.

Recently I was trying to do turn 4 boss of the second coil of bahadur raid, and the video is 20 minutes long, with 4 phases and around 6 - 7 mechanics having to be done correctly during those phases. Some bosses has taken me hours on end to do.

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
  • Side: Neutral