Poll

Discord or Ts3

Ts3
43 (82.7%)
Discord
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Discord or Ts3 Why?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline retamar2

• First Sergeant
  • Banned!
  • NEVER SURRENDER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retamar
  • Side: Confederacy
Discord or Ts3 Why?
« on: September 11, 2021, 10:20:44 am »
Well , after using ts3 all of my life , i've decided to move my reg/ community to another site , yet i dont know if it woyuld be ts3 or discord , so i wanna hear the opinion of other people if it would be possible

Skaen

Re: Discord or Ts3 Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 10:33:38 am »
Teamspeak is a lot more practical to use than Discord in my opinion. The UI of Discord just doesn't appeal to me.

And in Teamspeak you can use soundboards. I don't know if you can do it in Discord, but if you can't. Teamspeak already wins easily for that matter.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 10:56:07 am »
In the end, they’re not all that different.

Discord is better from a casual community building perspective, with your members able to message eachother throughout the day and thusly develop relations be it through casual conversation, sending memes to eachother etc.

Teamspeak is more specialized in voice communication and organization, and is the way to go yet for more competitively oriented/“serious” regiments what with its higher quality voice comms and the ability to organize rooms/players more effectively.

Both have voice comms and both have the ability to chat with players via text, only one is more specialized than the other in one area while the other is better in the second.

Of course, you could also do a hybrid system which I see increasingly often- Teamspeak for events/voice comms, Discord for community organization and development. This will mean a bit more moderation having to monitor 2 places but it will also eliminate the need for steam groups and messaging there (for the most part)

So, just ask yourself what you’re looking to get out of this and the worth of what you’re going to get out of it. I personally would recommend a hybrid system, but only you can make the ultimate choice for your reg once it comes down to it.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 11:03:49 am »
TS3 is better than discord for regiments, no explanation required.

Offline Ecko

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AKA |51ST|.QRR.TRRB.27th(V).Didleyn
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 11:23:29 am »
On my opinion as a former HF player, Discord is used mostly for organizing things better than on Steam Group. You can define roles for nco, enlisted or ambassador etc.. to ping certain people for a meeting or whatever. But for voice communication its not good and yes u can use a soundboard on discord, Skaenn. So in terms of voice communcation TS3>Discord but i recommend to get Discord to post schedules, annoucements or whatever u wish by via text.
I created a discord server for 45thN and you can have a look of how it is https://discord.gg/adbG2Rpe

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 11:46:17 am »
In the end, they’re not all that different.

Discord is better from a casual community building perspective, with your members able to message eachother throughout the day and thusly develop relations be it through casual conversation, sending memes to eachother etc.

Teamspeak is more specialized in voice communication and organization, and is the way to go yet for more competitively oriented/“serious” regiments what with its higher quality voice comms and the ability to organize rooms/players more effectively.

Both have voice comms and both have the ability to chat with players via text, only one is more specialized than the other in one area while the other is better in the second.

Of course, you could also do a hybrid system which I see increasingly often- Teamspeak for events/voice comms, Discord for community organization and development. This will mean a bit more moderation having to monitor 2 places but it will also eliminate the need for steam groups and messaging there (for the most part)

So, just ask yourself what you’re looking to get out of this and the worth of what you’re going to get out of it. I personally would recommend a hybrid system, but only you can make the ultimate choice for your reg once it comes down to it.

I agree with what Hunteh put, for the past year and a half, my regiment has done a Hybrid system. We utilize Teamspeak during events, but outside of events we communicate on discord if we're not sitting in the teamspeak. Even with the hybrid system, I continue to have a regimental group chat to send out announcements regarding events.

This is one of my posts from a similar topic in the past.

idk, these days the teamspeak is for events, while the discord is more for fun and outside of "offical regiment stuff". I don't really have a real favorite just will keep using teamspeak for events. Atleast for my reg when we tried discord it seemed to crap out more then ts.

Pretty much this, I actually like Discord to interact with my regiment outside of events. We don't like to clutter up a steam group chat, so a Discord is definitely perfect to talk outside of events. It allows for me to interact with my own regiment when I'm not at my PC, and friends from other regiments that want to chill with us.

However, I prefer Teamspeak for Voice, something about having more than 10 people in a Discord channel is pretty aids. If you want to maximize your attendance, Discord is probably the way to go as Stryker mentioned, people get turned away from joining your regiment because they just don't want to download Teamspeak. Despite this, it's a pretty good indicator on who actually would be dedicated to your regiment if they choose to take the time and download Teamspeak.

Basically, what I have found is that a lot of people will find my regiment through Discord before anything else. From my past year and a half experience with this hybrid system, I found that the ones who would stay in the regiment long-term are the ones who take the extra step to download Teamspeak.

Discord is cool for doing movie nights, watch parties, game show type games, and streaming games to each other.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 12:35:30 pm »
TS3 is better than discord for regiments, no explanation required.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Nock

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 12:59:44 pm »

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 05:38:10 pm »
It's good to take cost into account too. Discord is free, Teamspeak is not. Teamspeak is better for regimental stuff like sorting by rank and prioritizing speech, so if you're mainly just doing NW then yeah do Teamspeak. However, if your group does more than NW and plays a few different games together then I'd go with Discord since it's more customizable and a community builder
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens

Offline Kapow

• Sergeant
  • New York Frog Catchers Inc.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RonnieFlex
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 05:50:27 pm »
TeamSpeak is more difficult to use and setup but can offer better results if built correctly.

Discord is for people with smaller brains as it is more simple to use and setup.
How does an NA know of fucking Ronnieflex of all Dutch things

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 01:32:21 am »
For regiments, ArmA clans and other similarly highly coordinated and organized types of communities/clans I'd easily say ts3.
For ANY other types of communities, discord is a no brainer.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 02:49:12 pm »
Discord for casual talking/gaming
Teamspeak for regimental stuff

Offline Ecko

• Sergeant