Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 40425 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2021, 11:16:20 pm »
How anyone can think that allowing multiple regimental teams to compete in RGL is a good thing, I will never know.

Regiments that stockpile players should not be rewarded for their efforts, if this were to be allowed, it's not too unrealistic to see the future tournaments being a league 1 of 10 teams, and league 2 being their 10 B teams. If this were to be allowed, it would cause significant damage to smaller competitive regiments, whom survive on the recruits they gain when tournaments such as RGL come around, when players from centre companies such as the 92nds and 45thns, who haven't a chance in hell of ever playing for these regiments, leave and seek a competitive starting place elsewhere. Part of what keeps nw fresh is the ever-changing landscape of regiments, leaders and tournaments that we all take part in, to put that at risk so that regiments like the 45thn and 92nd can continue to suck up members, and keep them around with the promise of a starting place in one of their rgl line ups, is a joke to be totally honest.

Allowing B teams would also present a balancing problem since both the 92nd and 45thns centre companies are far better than the teams they would be playing in league 2. Providing that this isn't the last RGL (it won't be) what do we do when the 45thn or 92nd centre crush league 2, promote them?  And if you are going to make an argument for allowing regiments to play 2 teams, why stop there? The 45thn, according to its roster has almost 400 people playing for it (including reservists). Why not argue for 10 45thn teams?

Finally, there are two leagues of 10 regiments without B teams even being a part of this RGL. There is enough interest from regiments wishing to play RGL to not even need to consider allowing b teams.

Finally! An argument that actually makes sense, although, if people are wanting to be part of the 45thN/92nd community and play in those regiments, then why stop them? People can make up their own minds in which regiments to play in, but disallowing centre companies and 'forcing' them to change regiment to have a competitive experience isn't really 'fair' as it's not really what they want.

We also can't go around saying how much we care about these other communities considering tournaments in this community for time punishes these lower tier/smaller regiments by tournament formats, there's always going to be teams better than other teams and the centre company has been trained up as an individual company, just as much as they would if they were their own regiment, the only difference is, it's got 45thN in the name, yet the players, leadership and everything else is completely separate.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:20:56 pm by Fietta »

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #571 on: October 11, 2021, 11:23:16 pm »
How anyone can think that allowing multiple regimental teams to compete in RGL is a good thing, I will never know.

Regiments that stockpile players should not be rewarded for their efforts, if this were to be allowed, it's not too unrealistic to see the future tournaments being a league 1 of 10 teams, and league 2 being their 10 B teams. If this were to be allowed, it would cause significant damage to smaller competitive regiments, whom survive on the recruits they gain when tournaments such as RGL come around, when players from centre companies such as the 92nds and 45thns, who haven't a chance in hell of ever playing for these regiments, leave and seek a competitive starting place elsewhere. Part of what keeps nw fresh is the ever-changing landscape of regiments, leaders and tournaments that we all take part in, to put that at risk so that regiments like the 45thn and 92nd can continue to suck up members, and keep them around with the promise of a starting place in one of their rgl line ups, is a joke to be totally honest.

Allowing B teams would also present a balancing problem since both the 92nd and 45thns centre companies are far better than the teams they would be playing in league 2. Providing that this isn't the last RGL (it won't be) what do we do when the 45thn or 92nd centre crush league 2, promote them?  And if you are going to make an argument for allowing regiments to play 2 teams, why stop there? The 45thn, according to its roster has almost 400 people playing for it (including reservists). Why not argue for 10 45thn teams?

Finally, there are two leagues of 10 regiments without B teams even being a part of this RGL. There is enough interest from regiments wishing to play RGL to not even need to consider allowing b teams.

Finally! An argument that actually makes sense, although, if people are wanting to be part of the 45thN/92nd community and play in those regiments, then why stop them? People can make up their own minds in which regiments to play in, but disallowing centre companies and 'forcing' them to change regiment to have a competitive experience isn't really 'fair' as it's not really what they want.
1 - No one's stopping them from playing in the 45thn/92nd, the people that are stopping them playing at the people in charge of the 92nd/45thn (understandably if they aren't very good).

2 - No one is disallowing centre companies from playing, you sign up as a regiment, that includes your centre company, gren company, light company arty company etc etc etc, don't expect tournament hosts/other regiments to bend over backwards because your regiment has recruited too many people since, often as a result of recruiting so many, you've fucked over those other regiments.

3 - If players want to play competitive and take part in stuff like RGL from inside large regiments like 92nd, 45thn, then they have two choices, either get good enough to play, or join a regiment that is lower down the food chain that is more likely to allow you to play. This has always been the case, and is one of the reasons why NW regimental competitive has survived (and thrived) for so long.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #572 on: October 11, 2021, 11:28:27 pm »
As Gi touched on, where does it stop? 92nd has 4 companies, 45thN the same. Could all sign up in different leagues?

I can see the arguments for allowing centre companies. Ours runs perpendicular to the grens but they never touch. They are a micro community and I assume the 45thN is the same. However if you want a large community you have to accept that not everyone can play in every event and this is one of those events. Any centre player who is good enough should be signed up into your lineup but you shouldn't have multiple lineups for one regiment.

Its a tough one to swallow to be told you're not good enough for RGL but you can either become bitter or get better. The community shouldn't suffer because you don't want to have that tough conversation.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #573 on: October 11, 2021, 11:29:36 pm »
Its a tough one to swallow to be told you're not good enough for RGL but you can either become bitter or get better. The community shouldn't suffer because you don't want to have that tough conversation.
I'm literally garbage, but I'm in command so I'll play every RGL match :)
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #574 on: October 11, 2021, 11:32:49 pm »
As Gi touched on, where does it stop? 92nd has 4 companies, 45thN the same. Could all sign up in different leagues?

I can see the arguments for allowing centre companies. Ours runs perpendicular to the grens but they never touch. They are a micro community and I assume the 45thN is the same. However if you want a large community you have to accept that not everyone can play in every event and this is one of those events. Any centre player who is good enough should be signed up into your lineup but you shouldn't have multiple lineups for one regiment.

This is such a retarded take, as if NW is some esport community where we all play to win and no one wants to play groupfights cause they're fun.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #575 on: October 11, 2021, 11:37:00 pm »
What's stopping a center company being it's 'own' regiment?

The only thing this rule is 'damaging' are the players who choose with their own free will to be part of a larger community and eco-system, who realistically thinks countless tens of players will leave larger regiments like the 45thN and 92nd just to gain a spot in a competitive tournament?

This is ridiculous thinking, so it's a good thing that people are forced\coerced out of larger communities just so they can play in competitive? Because smaller regiments might be lost or dare I say lose to one of the center companies!

Isn't that what makes it a competition?

People want to play in THEIR regiments with THEIR friends, not be disallowed based on the "LIFE" of the community what a ridiculous argument.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 11, 2021, 11:38:20 pm »
The reason 45thN is so big when it comes to centre, is because we go recruiting just as much as anyone else could, from casual servers; plenty to go around, these are the sort of players that wouldn't be in a regiment if they weren't recruited, it's not like we took them from other regiments, we bought them to the NW comp community.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #577 on: October 11, 2021, 11:38:59 pm »
^^ I agree with Golden here

15th and 13e are just scared of 92nd and 45thN Centre Companies.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #578 on: October 11, 2021, 11:40:50 pm »
Imagine 45thN and 92nd agreeing on something

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #579 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:24 pm »

The only thing this rule is 'damaging' are the players who choose with their own free will to be part of a larger community and eco-system, who realistically thinks countless tens of players will leave larger regiments like the 45thN and 92nd just to gain a spot in a competitive tournament?

This is ridiculous thinking, so it's a good thing that people are forced\coerced out of larger communities just so they can play in competitive? Because smaller regiments might be lost or dare I say lose to one of the center companies!

People want to play in THEIR regiments with THEIR friends, not be disallowed based on the "LIFE" of the community what a ridiculous argument.
do you actually have an argument or is this just a joke post

The reason 45thN is so big when it comes to centre, is because we go recruiting just as much as anyone else could, from casual servers; plenty to go around, these are the sort of players that wouldn't be in a regiment if they weren't recruited, it's not like we took them from other regiments, we bought them to the NW comp community.
Do you think the 45thn is the only regiment that has recruited from minisiege or something? Wouldn't be in a regiment if we didn't recruit them... good one
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:44:46 pm by Gi »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 11, 2021, 11:44:05 pm »

Nice Ad Hominem, Golden was absolutely right; centre companies are essentially their own small regiments, where people were recruited from casual servers and trained up, that's no different than other 'smaller' regiments.

Do you think the 45thn is the only regiment that has recruited from minisiege or something? Wouldn't be in a regiment if we didn't recruit them... good one

No, but what I'm saying is, we're recruiting and others can too, the smaller communities can easily recruit and train just as much as we do, there's PLENTY to go around, don't punish 45thN just because we actually spend time training and recruiting, just seems super dumb.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:46:35 pm by Fietta »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 11, 2021, 11:47:36 pm »
This is the only reason why 45thN has 30000 members.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #582 on: October 11, 2021, 11:47:57 pm »

You said yourself you agreed with restricting players and inadvertently altering players choices on regiments because and I quote "we recruited too much".

Acting like you're some kind of NW lawmaker.

Nock

« Reply #583 on: October 11, 2021, 11:51:43 pm »
13e are just scared of 92nd and 45thN Centre Companies.

Why do you even bring our name here when we didn't say anything? Just because a couple of our members speak their mind doesn't mean it's what the leadership or the regiment as a whole thinks. Just shut the fuck up and go to your room, you're grounded.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 11, 2021, 11:53:21 pm »
13e are just scared of 92nd and 45thN Centre Companies.

Why do you even bring our name here when we didn't say anything? Just because a couple of our members speak their mind doesn't mean it's what the leadership or the regiment as a whole thinks. Just shut the fuck up and go to your room, you're grounded.
Nock putting the kids to bed  ;D ;D ;D ;D