Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 40562 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2021, 09:58:57 pm »
Where is any of this Maskman? You just said a whole bunch of shit nobody has mentioned to me, Shadey or Kore.

Anyways its not happening. For the same reasons we didn't allow it in EIC plus extra. Now we can have 3 league's, I don't have a problem with that but I don't really know why other than to make it 2 weeks shorter and remove 2 regs from League 1. I will think on it later and look at how it would be seeded both ways. The 1 roster per reg rule will be staying no matter what though.

EDIT: As its hard for people to read: I will check on the 7/7/7 format later. But we are definitely NOT going forward with letting more than 1 team per regiment apply.

Kind of upsetting to see two great hosts of center companies be denied access to the RGL in SEPERATE leagues because bla bla same regiment bla bla unfair  ??? ???

@Cazasar had a point earlier Chriseh as host proving to be very dumb!
Yes yes cry cry John Price is a bad man even though all 3 hosts voted against it bla bla bla would have happened anyway wehhhhhh

How many of the hosts have a capable centre company? It shouldn't even be casted as a vote as it wasn't controversial, you're the one who made it controversial and you asked people who quite CLEARLY would agree with what you're saying, like come on man you're a fucking mong.
I've been doing this way longer than you. My regiment used to pull in 50+ in just line everyday for 3 years yet never once did I complain about them not being able to play NWL, NLC or NIC. Because it was a stupid thing to ask.

The hosts opinion is there own. I didn't sway Kore or Shadey to some sort of outcome on it, they both had the same opinion going in. If they were quite clearly going to agree with me then why are people arguing over it? If it wasn't controversial already Fietta then it would have been the norm to let it happen. But its not because thats not what the word controversial means.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #556 on: October 11, 2021, 09:59:13 pm »
The 1 roster per reg rule will be staying no matter what though.

Why? I don't understand the finality of your posts on this. Why declare it an issue that can't be contested when, as Maskman has pointed out, a three league system gets around the issue of having too many teams. You can always make the number of teams in each league different as suits the best balance of skill for the teams in them. There are solutions that get around whatever issues with it that you might have, which is why your declaration that the rule can't be changed under any circumstances seems like such poor decision-making. If the companies genuinely operate as separate entities, like having different weekly schedules for events and a different command structure, I don't see the justification for limiting the participation of a fairly significant number of players.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 11, 2021, 10:03:06 pm »
the Rules

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:07:57 pm by Saxon »
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 11, 2021, 10:04:12 pm »
3 League System was planned by the old team, with splitting the different rosters in their skill league. We thought this would ensure that as many people as possible will enjoy RGL.

Chriseh im sure people would understand your decision more if you didnt just say "lol fuck you im an organizer", but actually started to explain your decision even if you didnt plan on changing it
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 11, 2021, 10:17:37 pm »
Just wanna point out its the Regimental Groupfight League, not the Company Groupfight league
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #560 on: October 11, 2021, 10:19:54 pm »
Just wanna point out its the Regimental Groupfight League, not the Company Groupfight league

Your chat game is so weak

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 11, 2021, 10:22:02 pm »

Just pointing out the obvious, thanks for your opinion that once again nobody asked for though
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline BlackBeard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ledger's Neko-Chan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BlackBeard
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #562 on: October 11, 2021, 10:22:33 pm »
why do 45thN who have 100 ish active memebers need to have a second team so badly but both those teams will only be able to play 20-25 players for most of the matches still leaving 60-50 members not being able to play?

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 11, 2021, 10:23:15 pm »
I just wanna point put Regimental Companies have been a part of RGL multiple times
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #564 on: October 11, 2021, 10:23:53 pm »

Just pointing out the obvious, thanks for your opinion that once again nobody asked for though
Alf?! Did somebody ask for your opinion??  ;) ;D :( ??? :P :-* ???
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #565 on: October 11, 2021, 10:24:34 pm »
why do 45thN who have 100 ish active memebers need to have a second team so badly but both those teams will only be able to play 20-25 players for most of the matches still leaving 60-50 members not being able to play?
🤓

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #566 on: October 11, 2021, 10:37:40 pm »
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:07 pm »
Ok I have sat on the bench for too long. I'm hosting RGL.

First Match tomorrow: 45thN Grens vs 45thN Centre.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2021, 11:00:21 pm »

kka reform?

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #569 on: October 11, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »
How anyone can think that allowing multiple regimental teams to compete in RGL is a good thing, I will never know.

Regiments that stockpile players should not be rewarded for their efforts, if this were to be allowed, it's not too unrealistic to see the future tournaments being a league 1 of 10 teams, and league 2 being their 10 B teams. If this were to be allowed, it would cause significant damage to smaller competitive regiments, whom survive on the recruits they gain when tournaments such as RGL come around, when players from centre companies such as the 92nds and 45thns, who haven't a chance in hell of ever playing for these regiments, leave and seek a competitive starting place elsewhere. Part of what keeps nw fresh is the ever-changing landscape of regiments, leaders and tournaments that we all take part in, to put that at risk so that regiments like the 45thn and 92nd can continue to suck up members, and keep them around with the promise of a starting place in one of their rgl line ups, is a joke to be totally honest.

Allowing B teams would also present a balancing problem since both the 92nd and 45thns centre companies are far better than the teams they would be playing in league 2. Providing that this isn't the last RGL (it won't be) what do we do when the 45thn or 92nd centre crush league 2, promote them?  And if you are going to make an argument for allowing regiments to play 2 teams, why stop there? The 45thn, according to its roster has almost 400 people playing for it (including reservists). Why not argue for 10 45thn teams?

Finally, there are two leagues of 10 regiments without B teams even being a part of this RGL. There is enough interest from regiments wishing to play RGL to not even need to consider allowing b teams.