Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 40586 times)

Offline Saitama

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • older than Glennofnw
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady_Boy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2021, 06:31:05 pm »
Announcement from the admin team:

We will NOT be allowing 92nd and 45th (or any regiment) sign up with 2 seperate companies as it defeats the point of RGL.

Currently we are looking at 20 sign ups so the brackets have already been created for both L1 and L2. Will post later tonight.
that's kind of dumb? why wont you allowed those companies to sign up? gives more players a chance to play helping to keep this community allowed considering this is the last RGL ever (apparently)

Guess 45thM and 92pp will have to sign up instead then
42nd and 95thN

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2021, 06:31:31 pm »

We will NOT be allowing 92nd and 45th (or any regiment) sign up with 2 seperate companies as it defeats the point of RGL.

Currently we are looking at 20 sign ups so the brackets have already been created for both L1 and L2. Will post later tonight.
that's kind of dumb? why wont you allowed those companies to sign up? gives more players a chance to play helping to keep this community allowed considering this is the last RGL ever (apparently)

92pp undefeated, they deserve to play L1, but our centre company splitted of the 92nd yesterday to make the 92y. Sign up will come soon!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:34:13 pm by Vegi. »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #512 on: October 11, 2021, 06:36:29 pm »

You haven't really asked the right question here. We have more than enough regiments, so much so we will have to turn some away so it makes no sense to add the centre companies for no reason other than to stroke some ego. Even if we needed sign ups I would still be against 1 regiment having 2 teams in RGL. Thats just open to be abused.

If there are this many sign ups and EIC getting as many as it did, we still have more time left on NW and someone will host it if they want to. Thats how RGL and EIC exist in the first place.

EDIT: Just to add all 3 hosts voted against allowing 2 teams from 1 reg.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:41:29 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #513 on: October 11, 2021, 06:37:22 pm »
Already rigged GG John Price
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #514 on: October 11, 2021, 06:48:02 pm »
Bruh imagine being upset that a REGIMENTAL TOURNAMENT won't allow 2 teams from 1 regiment. Wouldn't be me 8)

Nock

« Reply #515 on: October 11, 2021, 06:51:49 pm »
Well as chriseh is busy preparing the play off of his CSGO tournament i'll take over the RGL, first matches tonight good luck lads

lmao

I guess it's time for Spacekiller and me to come back as organization geniuses

Regiment Name: 14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Regiment Location: France
Contact 1: TBA

Roster: TBA (contact Dren for further informations)

nice try, space is already in the 14-1e !!

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #516 on: October 11, 2021, 06:52:28 pm »
Why was the format of having three divisions cut down to two separate leagues changed?

The original idea was to have three separate divisions with 7 regiments in each division as to not only have RGL drag out for too long (especially since we are already starting a month late) but also more importantly it'd make RGL much more competitive across every division where there won't be too much of a 15-1 / 15-0 stomp as seen in RGLS7. For example the skill difference between the top 7 regiments right now and the 8th/9th/10th best regiments is huge and that's why Tardet's decision to have 3 separate divisions would thus consequently mean needing more teams hence he allowed 45thN Center Company. This isn't only prevalent within L1 but also just as prevalent if not more in the L2 and L3. We all want a fun competitive league at the end of the day

Also to clarify, very similar to the 92nd Center Company, 45thN Centre Company is a line battle based company as to where we would do line battles literally everyday with one maximum competitive event a week and is very much its own company within its own right - not like some sort of BTEC version of our Grenadier Company. When I last spoke with Tardet there were assurances and guarantees that rosters between Grens and Centre would be totally separate and would be managed fairly - this is just to clarify if this was a genuine issue that came up with the organisers in discussions.

10 match weeks starting in November with two week break over Christmas and the New Years will mean RGL will finish towards the beginning of February? Are we repeating the same mistake as MRGL? 
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 11, 2021, 06:59:22 pm »
Where is any of this Maskman? You just said a whole bunch of shit nobody has mentioned to me, Shadey or Kore.

Anyways its not happening. For the same reasons we didn't allow it in EIC plus extra. Now we can have 3 league's, I don't have a problem with that but I don't really know why other than to make it 2 weeks shorter and remove 2 regs from League 1. I will think on it later and look at how it would be seeded both ways. The 1 roster per reg rule will be staying no matter what though.

EDIT: As its hard for people to read: I will check on the 7/7/7 format later. But we are definitely NOT going forward with letting more than 1 team per regiment apply.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:14:39 pm by John Price »

Nock

« Reply #518 on: October 11, 2021, 07:03:38 pm »
no matter what, i think that having a regimental tournament that lasts long enough to need a christmas break is a tournament that is going on for too long but i guess there isnt much room to fix this issue ?

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 11, 2021, 07:06:31 pm »
Unfortunately not. We needed to get the hosting etc. sorted a week ago at least to have any wiggle room. I agree with you though Nock 100%.

I think we start next week Monday, have the tournament finished by Sunday 19th of December, right in time for Christmas.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:09:26 pm by John Price »

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
« Reply #520 on: October 11, 2021, 07:11:29 pm »

92pp undefeated, they deserve to play L1, but our centre company splitted of the 92nd yesterday to make the 92y. Sign up will come soon!
masterclass from yarak

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #521 on: October 11, 2021, 07:34:32 pm »
Now I wish voluble took over

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #522 on: October 11, 2021, 07:46:01 pm »
Love how we've come to the point where adding a centre company to a tournament is considered 'stroking' an ego, feel sorry for the poor centre lads who wants to try and improve, especially when they're trying to play like anyone else...

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #523 on: October 11, 2021, 07:50:06 pm »
Love how we've come to the point where adding a centre company to a tournament is considered 'stroking' an ego, feel sorry for the poor centre lads who wants to try and improve, especially when they're trying to play like anyone else...
for once I agree with fietta,
People just wanna play, regiments like 92nd and 45thN don't care about winning a second league, only the first one. Why can't we just let two very large NW companies with a lot of members participate?

Offline BlackBeard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ledger's Neko-Chan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BlackBeard
« Reply #524 on: October 11, 2021, 07:53:59 pm »
feel sorry?? if you really did you would let them play with the grens...