Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 40138 times)

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2021, 11:54:41 am »

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2021, 12:43:55 pm »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2021, 12:54:06 pm »
I would point out in the past newly formed regiments (at least this new) have never been allowed to play in any of these leagues/events really, NWL, EIC, RGT, RGL, etc. So regardless of the situation that caused it to form I don't really think that should change the outcome of a topic we've seen many times in the past, even if the circumstances are different.

I think you'd be more than optimistic to expect the regiment to be accepted but of course this is ultimately the RGL staffs decision. But in the past I've seen many 'new' regiments rejected form this sort of event/league.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2021, 12:55:25 pm »
I would point out in the past newly formed regiments (at least this new) have never been allowed to play in any of these leagues/events really, NWL, EIC, RGT, RGL, etc. So regardless of the situation that caused it to form I don't really think that should change the outcome of a topic we've seen many times in the past, even if the circumstances are different.

I think you'd be more than optimistic to expect the regiment to be accepted but of course this is ultimately the RGL staffs decision. But in the past I've seen many 'new' regiments rejected form this sort of event/league.
ye previously there were outlined rules saying the regiment had to be a certain age (think it was like 6 months)

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2021, 01:11:25 pm »

ye previously there were outlined rules saying the regiment had to be a certain age (think it was like 6 months)

Exactly! Nr12 also missed out a NWL season because it newly formed a few weeks before season start.

But 6 Months is too much, 3 Months should do it.

Wursti

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2021, 01:17:17 pm »
Why do ppl try the same everytime

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2021, 01:29:02 pm »
this thread has gone boring...
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2021, 01:35:41 pm »

Exactly! Nr12 also missed out a NWL season because it newly formed a few weeks before season start.

I'd agree 6 months is very long especially in this later stage of NW. I'd say 2-3 as you said is enough really.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:39 pm »
ngl all the 'top' competitive regiments are being around for a while now what really surprises me
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:45 pm »

Also further to this regarding the format as I understand it, there will only be seven regiments that will be eligible to play per divisions with the most prestigious and best regiments being selected into Division 1, seven regiments per division means a lot more competitiveness and not many complete stomps will be happening. Last I spoke to to Tardet his mind was set upon 15thYR, 45thN, 13e, 71st, 55th, 92nd and 96y featuring in the first division - these are the best and most consistent prestigious competitive regiments at the moment and have been for the past 6 months with 92nd, 45thN 15thYR, 96y being competitive for longer.

With the introduction of the 65th, which I dont even think is a regiment at this point, a regiment in Division 1 would have to be replaced to accommodate them playing in Division 1 which is their aim. What would be deeply unfair is if weaker regiments in Division 1 such as 96y or even 55th be replaced in favour of the 65th. Of course I think the best regiments should be playing in the top tiers of RGL but at the end of the day who is to say that, the 55th and especially the 96y have had a long history in competitive NW with the same consistent leadership at the top for over a year now in the 55th with Rayleigh, Queenoil and Anthony at the top, whilst Desant and Wursti are involved and have been involved at the 96y for now over 2/3 years. Both 55th and 96y have shown respectable performances both in MRGL and EIC, perhaps not top 3 placement material but definitely deserving a spot in the top 7 for RGL.

As I see it just because 96y and 55th have been weakened and things have changed rather drastically in both regiments, as long as the leadership at the top remains the same, the regiment and what it stands for won't change. When staple regiments like 55th and 96y last this long then there are bound to  be issues that pop up in these regiments of course but now does this mean that either regiment ought to be replaced by 65th? Of course not - in my opinion it would be deeply unfair to not only the leaders but also the regiment as a whole and what they stand for.

Maybe let's not have a repeat of RGT S10, from what I remember it was the same people causing a fuss then that are causing a fuss now.

Spoiler
btw RGT S10 collapsed because of exactly this kind of poor behaviour
[close]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:44:04 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2021, 01:40:15 pm »

agree

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2021, 01:47:01 pm »
It's all prime chanter

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2021, 02:02:46 pm »
I don't think there's much point in denying a regiment/placing them in league 2 if they are one of the better regiments in the competition. One of the main benefits of splitting RGL into two leagues was to increase competition and to allow both L1 & L2 regiments to play opponents of similar skill levels, putting the 65th in L2 would massively upset the balance of L2 and ultimately make it a total waste of time.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2021, 02:06:44 pm »
I propose the institution of an expert tribunal made up of the Wiktors + Milosz to decide an outcome for this predicament.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2021, 02:08:05 pm »
I don't think there's much point in denying a regiment/placing them in league 2 if they are one of the better regiments in the competition. One of the main benefits of splitting RGL into two leagues was to increase competition and to allow both L1 & L2 regiments to play opponents of similar skill levels, putting the 65th in L2 would massively upset the balance of L2 and ultimately make it a total waste of time.
I'd agree, my point was more to say I don't believe they should be accepted at all due to their age as a regiment since that's how it's always been in the past in regimental event/leagues.