Author Topic: 24th Election - Aug-Oct 2021 Candidates and Discussion  (Read 9997 times)

Offline TheBaker

• Agent of Chaos
  • Captain
  • Leader of the 33rd Royal Horse Artillery
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Lt_TheBaker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 24th Election - Aug-Oct 2021 Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2021, 01:41:07 pm »
At the very least CR is still a forum moderator role so still does have some function and isn't completely useless. Gettiong to vote for who you want to be a forum moderator is still a good thing.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:42 pm »
Cry is free
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2021, 02:02:24 pm »
What's the actual reason for even having a CR at this point? People always either chill for half the time and then resign 'out of super unpredictable personal reasons' like having to work and study or the only things they're actually doing is the same stuff they'd do anyways. Some people advertised their election previously by letting everyone know, that they're gonna organize tournaments (which they could've done regardless) or that they'd provide some kind of service (which they could've done without being CR as well). So what's the idea behind being CR besides being a junior junior mod?

I'm mainly talking about EU here, since I'm not trying to be as up-to-date with NA as I am with EU. So I don't really have a good understanding of the NA community anyways
CR is entirely pointless, it's an empty role that doesn't serve any purpose and it has been that way for years now. The community just comes to like it and it creates activity on the forums for every election so the higher mods allow it to continue.

finally a mod said it
I'd say it helps with 1-2 little things each term, but for the vast majority of the term it is useless since even the moderation powers are limited. But as Tardet said it does promote forum activity.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2021, 03:05:28 pm »
What's the actual reason for even having a CR at this point? People always either chill for half the time and then resign 'out of super unpredictable personal reasons' like having to work and study or the only things they're actually doing is the same stuff they'd do anyways. Some people advertised their election previously by letting everyone know, that they're gonna organize tournaments (which they could've done regardless) or that they'd provide some kind of service (which they could've done without being CR as well). So what's the idea behind being CR besides being a junior junior mod?

I'm mainly talking about EU here, since I'm not trying to be as up-to-date with NA as I am with EU. So I don't really have a good understanding of the NA community anyways
CR is entirely pointless, it's an empty role that doesn't serve any purpose and it has been that way for years now. The community just comes to like it and it creates activity on the forums for every election so the higher mods allow it to continue.

finally a mod said it
I'd say it helps with 1-2 little things each term, but for the vast majority of the term it is useless since even the moderation powers are limited. But as Tardet said it does promote forum activity.
This isn't a secret. I just like green name gang 8)

Also cope harder dweebs 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2021, 03:15:43 pm »
What's worse: "buying" votes (if you think anyone in the 15th actually listens to what gi tells them to do you are delusional) or making all your center company retards that didn't even know about fse make an fse account just so they can vote.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
  • Side: Union
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2021, 03:21:14 pm »
What's worse: "buying" votes (if you think anyone in the 15th actually listens to what gi tells them to do you are delusional) or making all your center company retards that didn't even know about fse make an fse account just so they can vote.
We've done this in previous years when we need people to publicize a forum post or something, kinda toxic trait tbh.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2021, 03:33:37 pm »
I'd listen Gi? Wtf 15th!?
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2021, 04:23:52 pm »

Well the latter is far better because you have to have a certain amount of time on the forum before you're able to vote, so very few of the centre company would've voted. Nice try though.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2021, 04:45:48 pm »

finally a mod said it
Finally a mod said it?

Me, Tardet and Herishey had a mini arguement about this publicly on FSE while I was still a CR at the beginning of the year!

On the Moderators board I actually started a discussion with all the mods regarding definning what the actual role of a CR is as the description is just "junior mod" but that wasn't actually what they wanted you to do anymore.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2021, 04:52:14 pm »
NA vote is here.  https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=46645.0

Aidan won EU since he was the only one.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2021, 04:54:47 pm »

finally a mod said it
Finally a mod said it?

Me, Tardet and Herishey had a mini arguement about this publicly on FSE while I was still a CR at the beginning of the year!

On the Moderators board I actually started a discussion with all the mods regarding definning what the actual role of a CR is as the description is just "junior mod" but that wasn't actually what they wanted you to do anymore.
I believe the whole establishment of the CR was that FSE mods didn't get involved in regimental / community drama. They only really wanted to deal with the stuff on the forum. And so they made the CR deal with that and then gave them forum powers to further deal with drama on the forums. That's how I see it now and why it's a thing. It's nice to have people committed in trying to do stuff on the forums, especially when some moderators nowadays are busy with others stuff.

Of course you don't need CR to do anyting in the community, but the green name and the little clout you do get helps.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2021, 05:13:58 pm »
Little clout

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2021, 05:18:38 pm »
im sick of people purely running for CR so they can put it on their CV  >:(

if you too hate this vote for me
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2021, 05:27:32 pm »
Congrats Unicorn, I mean Aidan.

Well the "buying/bribing" votes for a CR Role in NW is just cringe but doesn't bother me that much.
What bothers me more is that the exact number needed to beat Maskman has been leaked to Unicorn and with that crucial information he starts buying the amount of votes needed.
BS like that makes the CR election just useless and unnecessary.

Making the center company retards vote on the FSE on the other hand might get them more involved in the NW community since they probably didnt know the FSE yet. Which other regiments could and maybe should do as well. The 45thN has several GF teams and is recruiting lot casuals into the community which benefits everyone. Either by increasing the number of participants in a tournament or by leaving us for another regiment. Recently we have a bunch of Holdfast players getting involved in the 45thN.

As I said earlier I voted for Pieter last time. Since I liked his proposal the most with Price/Tardet trying to shift more competitive maybe even something NW-Esports like with ​higher price pools and maybe even sponsors. I'm aware that they could do all that without the CR role, so does unicorn with his server boxes. Nonetheless I would have liked to see how this turned out with CR Pieter working with Price/Tardet. Would have regularly offered several hundred bucks prize money in tournaments.

PS: Don't really know where my 200 bucks for EIC went tho, but I don't mind since I enjoy the 92nd_Mod_Events and Prices Twitch Streams :)

im sick of people purely running for CR so they can put it on their CV  >:(

if you too hate this vote for me

Or running/voting so the other person just wont get it.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2021, 05:36:18 pm »
wat
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.