Author Topic: 24th Election - Aug-Oct 2021 Candidates and Discussion  (Read 9992 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 24th Election - Aug-Oct 2021 Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 05:19:34 pm »
Might as well be first 8)

Name: Aidan

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?:

My previous term has been quite successful. In my next term I would hope to continue these successes. Below are some examples of stuff that I've worked on or helped with:

In my previous term I provided servers to different parts of the community, from one night competitive events to the longer tournaments such as EIC, NWWC. I’ve also provided servers to regiments and groupfighting teams for them to use as they wish.

I’ve also been involved in organising and hosting community events. On the casual side I’ve been involved launching two new weekly events, one regular linebattle event as well as a brand new flag spawning linebattle event. On the competitive side I helped launch and host the European Lights Cup, a lights 1v1 tournament aimed at regiments that play lights but don’t play competitively. As well as this, I’ve been involved in creating and hosting the BCS Tournaments. These tournaments are aimed at newer players and those who had never played in competitive tournaments.

For the public community I’ve got something being worked on and will be launched soonish. It hopefully will be great fun!

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?

Keep providing servers that are currently being hosted as well as being able to provide servers for the community.

Continue to host the weekly community events as well as help host events under the BCS banner. I'll also launch this public server but I won't ruin the surprise yet!

-2 (one from me, one from trot888)

xenophobic towards greek people

kind regards

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2021, 12:11:52 am »
Name: Lady Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I've ran many times on the same platform, help event hosts and keep the game alive through good admins and a solid foundation in what's left of the community.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I'm not going to promise events that may or may not be successful all that I can guarantee is maintaining the game as it is now and help any events that pop up along the way.
so ur coming back active?

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2021, 01:03:55 am »
Add me to the candidates or I’ll be forced to send in the armada

Spoiler
Seriously though; I’m running
[close]

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2021, 01:26:14 am »
wow this is Lady Moraines chance at long last

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2021, 02:22:04 am »
Name: Risk

EU or NA?: NA

Why should you become CR?: I have playing the game and been an active member of the community for about five to six years now. I believe I have the experience and know-how to help the community and its players. In my years of playing, I have hosted and been the head admin for many events and leagues, including NANWL and RGL. Additionally, I have helped with several other events and leagues, including several of the previous draft leagues and various others as administration or referee in both public/casual and competitive.

I think NA is in a very unique state right now. People who play now are usually players who have been playing for a while. Many aren't really open to going to new events as we saw in the attempt by the previous CR. So, I will continue to help the community for what they want to do. Whether it be certain events or ideas, I will offer any help I can to the community in what it wants to do or try. As people want to do their comfort events, we can keep it going on for as long as possible to keep the community moving forward as always. For some, that might be the weekly linebattles and for others it might be the draft leagues. Either way, I will look to support people who would like to continue these events or bring about new events or ideas that might be effective for boosting attendance, recruitment, and having fun on NW. I don't think it's about this huge revival or these outlandish new events, but continuing what people want to do.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I believe the state of the game for NA is something many people know. Events for public/casual and competitive are declining as well as general attendance. As I said above, most people that play now are people that have been playing for years and are people that will continue to put effort into the game. I believe this is the case for casual people and regiments as well as competitive players. In my opinion, trying to do new events to specifically get brand new people to play the game isn't going to be too effective, especially for competitive events. But, trying to get possibly more of the current casual players into competitive could be a possible outlet to strengthen the competitive side. I know this has been tried countless times and sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. However, I already have some new ideas for a new draft league idea after James' league has finished. Nothing is set and stone but it would essentially consist of having a minor league team, along with the usual draft teams for competitive players, for the next draft league that would be for inexperienced and lower skill players where they can play more in general and, at the same time, get experience in competitive if they wish to sign up. As I said, nothing is set and there is a lot more to it but just briefly going into it where I think it can help strengthen NA competitive a bit more.
For the time being, I look to help the current competitive event of James' draft league and any other events that may arise. As for casual, I will admit I don't know everything on that side, but I know many people who lead the events and as I said above; I am willing to help in any current or new ideas they have to help the casual side. I will also work to moderate the forums appropriately, which comes with being CR.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2021, 02:23:45 am »
Your grammar and spelling should lose you the election immediately. Ffs Risk.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 02:25:14 am »
Your grammar and spelling should lose you the election immediately. Ffs Risk.

thanks

Offline Svenypoo

• First Lieutenant
  • I like to disappear for extended periods of time
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Svenypoo
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 02:34:13 am »
No one is more professional than I. I am a community representative, a leader of the community. As a community representative, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of FSE". I am proud of the Corps of Community Representatives and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the forums and my favorite game, mount and blade : warband regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will use my position to attain pleasure, profit, and e-girls.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind—stroking my ego and banning trolls off of my forums. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient in the art of melee. I am aware of my role as a Community Representative. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All gamers are entitled to outstanding forums; I will provide those forums. I know my gamers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my gamers and never leave them uninformed. I will not be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards to my friends and punishments to my enemies.

Moderators of my forums will have maximum time to relax; they will not have to ban trolls because it is my responsibility. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my gamers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; developers, moderators, and gamers alike. I will exercise initiative by banning trolls on their first offense. I will compromise my integrity and my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Community Representatives, troll banners!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:38:13 am by Svenypoo »
I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut, baby.

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2021, 02:39:10 am »
No one is more professional than I. I am a community representative, a leader of the community. As a community representative, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of FSE". I am proud of the Corps of Community Representatives and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the forums and my favorite game, mount and blade : warband regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will use my position to attain pleasure, profit, and e-girls.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind—stroking my ego and banning trolls off of my forums. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient in the art of melee. I am aware of my role as a Community Representative. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All gamers are entitled to outstanding forums; I will provide those forums. I know my gamers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my gamers and never leave them uninformed. I will not be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards to my friends and punishments to my enemies.

Moderators of my forums will have maximum time to relax; they will not have to ban trolls because it is my responsibility. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my gamers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; developers, moderators, and gamers alike. I will exercise initiative by banning trolls on their first offense. I will compromise my integrity and my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Community Representatives, troll banners!
signature checks out
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2021, 02:39:56 am »
This is a shit show where it's going to be which friend has the most friends.

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2021, 02:42:23 am »
isn't that what happens every single CR election
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2021, 02:46:51 am »
isn't that what happens every single CR election
Well this time it's friends against friends. So many friends.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2021, 03:37:56 am »
Why can't you guys let me have my one election  :'(

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2021, 03:58:19 am »
Why can't you guys let me have my one election  :'(

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2021, 04:21:44 am »
Ok fine, here's my non-troll app

Name: Cwater
EU or NA?:  NA
Why should you become CR?: I think that my last term has been pretty successful and I believe that the NA community has been more active than it has in a long time.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I will be hosting a new regimental groupfighting league and I will make sure to voice any community concerns to the moderators.