Author Topic: Your opinion on LGBT  (Read 14752 times)

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Your opinion on LGBT
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2021, 07:48:05 am »
gay people are awesome  8)

according to lord buddha there are no outstanding issues with homosexuality nor does it conflict with buddhist beliefs, although ditthi-nijjhanakkhanti (ones own pov) and parampara (traditions) could have one determine it wrong on a personal level. but this doesn't result in homosexuality being wrong on a universal level. even then, Buddha suggests the universal principle aka the golden rule. take this passage from the samyutta nikaya: "A noble disciple should reflect like this: 'If someone were to have sexual intercourse with my spouse I would not like it. Likewise, if I were to have sexual intercourse with another’s spouse they would not like that. For what is unpleasant to me must be unpleasant to another, and how could I burden someone with that?’ As a result of such reflection one abstains from wrong sexual desire, encourages others to abstain from it, and speaks in praise of such abstinence" the most important thing is to not cause others harm, doesnt matter if ur gay or w/e. the current dalai lama is cringe and has said "you cant be buddhist and homosexual" which is wrong. there are no areas in any scripture speaking against homosexuality and it is his own ditthi-nijjhanakkhanti (pov) clouding his judgement

homogaymers and idiots alike are all able to eventually achieve the bliss of nirvana, once all desire has been cast aside.

sorry i am retarded

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2021, 07:50:16 am »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2021, 01:29:57 pm »
religion = bad
gay = ok
trans = ill
forcing all of these on me/playing the victim = bad
being whatever u wanna be but ur chill about it = you've just made me gay for you
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2021, 08:02:07 pm »
basically god doesn't exist and your sexual orientation isn't your choice and therefore isn't socially a big deal. s o l  v e d

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2021, 08:18:13 pm »
basically god doesn't exist and your sexual orientation isn't your choice and therefore isn't socially a big deal. s o l  v e d
The bible bashers aren’t gonna like this one.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2021, 08:22:53 pm »
It would be interesting to get a statistic on the percentage of gay men that actually engage in penetrative sex. A common misconception that I see frequently is that this particular sexual orientation necessitates it.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2021, 09:23:50 pm »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2021, 10:40:28 pm »
my opinion is neutral on LGBT
Tbh I probably should have just went with that as well

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2021, 11:46:01 pm »
I'm too lazy to type essays right now so if you care enough to hear my apologetics on Christianity its on this thread

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2021, 12:16:55 am »
In time people will realize that religion is beneficial to society. It doesn't matter if god is not real. It has its place.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2021, 12:57:32 am »
In time people will realize that religion is beneficial to society. It doesn't matter if god is not real. It has its place.
BASED

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2021, 02:48:03 am »

Quite the opposite actually. Especially with the religions that currently dominate the globe (mainly forms of Christianity and Islam). Humans are changing and our society will only follow that trend more and more as older generations die and younger ones come into power. People are naturally good and to imply that without religion people are bad or will be immoral is absolutely retarded. Organized religion usually brings negativity into peoples lives, hearts and minds. Look at the horrible things that religion has caused through out history and is causing today. Crusades and jihads alone show how horrible it was and there are endless examples of how bad it usually is... People hate each other because of books written by cave men. They think their gods and religion gives them righteousness and the ability to judge their fellow man.

I was raised by a roman catholic family and attended catholic school for majority of my life. I would be willing to bet I have said more Our Fathers, Hail Marys and spent more time kneeling in a church praying and singing hymns than most people. Yet I still do not believe those teachings because to me they are so obviously false why would I. It may have some good intentions and lessons to learn. But in general organized religion is just bad. Belief in god and an afterlife is totally fine and I certainly do believe in a god and some form of afterlife myself. But judgement and hatred are things that exist in petty humans. I refuse to believe that whatever this magical incredible life and universe came from its as petty and simple minded as human beings and the things the bible talks about. You do not need a church or a defined religion to believe in these things or have good morals and be a good person. And to allow ancient texts to dictate or lives is only holding back humanity from achieving utopia which should be humanity's goal.

I am however quite proud of the Catholic Church trying to evolve and match a modern society. Accepting the potential existence of aliens and being more kind and accepting of homosexuality and people in general. But it still has a long way to go... Independent Christian churches in the US however are utterly disgusting and should be banned.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 03:18:11 am by Marceaux »

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2021, 03:56:46 am »
I'm too lazy to type essays right now so if you care enough to hear my apologetics on Christianity its on this thread
I can see why you're stopping your posts now and why you failed to reply to Winter's last post on that thread, you realized that your arguments are untenable. Thanks for linking this, it saved us a lot of time in this thread :)
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2021, 04:01:28 am »

Quite the opposite actually. Especially with the religions that currently dominate the globe (mainly forms of Christianity and Islam). Humans are changing and our society will only follow that trend more and more as older generations die and younger ones come into power. People are naturally good and to imply that without religion people are bad or will be immoral is absolutely retarded. Organized religion usually brings negativity into peoples lives, hearts and minds. Look at the horrible things that religion has caused through out history and is causing today. Crusades and jihads alone show how horrible it was and there are endless examples of how bad it usually is... People hate each other because of books written by cave men. They think their gods and religion gives them righteousness and the ability to judge their fellow man.

I was raised by a roman catholic family and attended catholic school for majority of my life. I would be willing to bet I have said more Our Fathers, Hail Marys and spent more time kneeling in a church praying and singing hymns than most people. Yet I still do not believe those teachings because to me they are so obviously false why would I. It may have some good intentions and lessons to learn. But in general organized religion is just bad. Belief in god and an afterlife is totally fine and I certainly do believe in a god and some form of afterlife myself. But judgement and hatred are things that exist in petty humans. I refuse to believe that whatever this magical incredible life and universe came from its as petty and simple minded as human beings and the things the bible talks about. You do not need a church or a defined religion to believe in these things or have good morals and be a good person. And to allow ancient texts to dictate or lives is only holding back humanity from achieving utopia which should be humanity's goal.

I am however quite proud of the Catholic Church trying to evolve and match a modern society. Accepting the potential existence of aliens and being more kind and accepting of homosexuality and people in general. But it still has a long way to go... Independent Christian churches in the US however are utterly disgusting and should be banned.

People read one page of a Hitchens book or watch a 30 second Richard Dawkins video and all of a sudden they start hating on religion. I'm not arguing about the validity of religion or "Religions truths". If religion gets people to move forward in life it's beneficial. Certain "delusions" can be beneficial to your life.

Also, this notion of people being "bad" cos of religion and that the world would be sunshine and rainbows without it is absolutely retarded. The weak die the powerful thrive.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 04:06:27 am by Ledger »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:28 am »

Spoiler
[close]

People read one page of a Hitchens book or watch a 30 second Richard Dawkins video and all of a sudden they start hating on religion. I'm not arguing about the validity of religion or "Religions truths". If religion gets people to move forward in life it's beneficial. Certain "delusions" can be beneficial to your life.

Also, this notion of people being "bad" cos of religion and that the world would be sunshine and rainbows without it is absolutely retarded. The weak die the powerful thrive.

I should clarify I am not hating on religion. I am hating on organized religion. Especially Christianity in the US. You do not understand because you have never witnessed it being from the EU. In NA many of these churches turn to cults. They teach kids that the world is ending every other week and to fear a wrathful god and eternal damnation. They literally brainwash their congregations and make them hate anyone not in their churches and they keep their members living in fear. They also take donations for personal gains and pretend its gods will that they have private jets and mega mansions. And my beliefs are based off my life experiences and what I have observed around me. Ive spent more time thinking about my beliefs then anything else in life. And again I am not against people using religion to comfort themselves and find some kind of meaning or purpose. But when they start using that religion to judge others and spread hatred and fear, I draw the line. Many of these fuckers literally pretend to be actual prophets that speak to god directly. And millions believe them... Its disgustingly sad.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:39:35 am by Marceaux »