Poll

Should a win be based on number of stabs or remaining health in case both player live?

Health remaining
14 (48.3%)
Number of hits. (Pokes do not count unless no real stabs hit)
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: NWDC Napoleonic Wars Duel Championship Zeyden 1st Gull 2nd  (Read 13249 times)

Offline Honza

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWDC Napoleonic Wars Duel Championship June 19th 46/64 spots filled
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2021, 01:24:31 pm »
Community Name:Honza
Name to be used:Honza
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/HonziQ/
Do you agree to rules stated above?:yessir

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2021, 02:49:19 pm »
Community Name: Fralla8
Name to be used: Fralla8
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Fralla8
Do you agree to rules stated above?: ya
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2021, 03:28:52 pm »
Big Mac
[close]
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Saruman

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2021, 04:57:53 pm »
Community Name: Saruman
Name to be used: Saruman
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/whitesaruman/
Do you agree to rules stated above?: yes

Online RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2021, 05:40:58 pm »
Lebrave is totally right ngl. But the most disturbing shit in the rules are the 45 seconds rounds xDD like wtf so even if u dont do ur 3 blocks in a row and play normal but u take more than 45 seconds then ur out. This rule is a shitbag

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2021, 05:53:09 pm »
Nickname: ExTaZz94
Steam Link (required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/ExTaZz94/
Where you from (Country): France
Do you agree to rules stated above?: no but go
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2021, 05:59:56 pm »
Lebrave is totally right ngl. But the most disturbing shit in the rules are the 45 seconds rounds xDD like wtf so even if u dont do ur 3 blocks in a row and play normal but u take more than 45 seconds then ur out. This rule is a shitbag
The rules need to be more fleshed out and actually explained
I think if no one takes damage during the 45 seconds the round basically resets?

On another note, if it's based on who's dealt more damage in the 45 seconds then it can be somewhat unfair considering if both players poke eachother the lucky one who's poke dealt more damage wins, they're still both pokes so wouldn't they be judged equally?

And if player 1 stabs player 2 four times and deals less damage than player 2 who stabbed player 1 once who is the fair winner?
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »
If I can give my opinion, as someone who has actually triedhard 1v1 and knows a minimum of the subject, compared to 90% of the clowns who talk about it, I would say that the rules are currently irrelevant.

Let me explain. Anthony wants to implement new rules for 1v1 tournaments to make them more attractive, more fun and faster following the observation that the current meta is cancerous and leads to excesses like the famous Ledger vs Hokej fight.

But in reality this diagnostic is totally outdated. The meta is not the same as it was 2 or 3 years ago and most of the current players don't even know how to play a 1v1 anymore simply because the format has been decried a lot by a certain fringe of the community, who, while accumulating defeats, have insidiously spread their venom on the duels by explaining that they would become more and more boring. Which is rather funny, considering that it never took them more than 5 minutes to get them 5-0.

The last EU tournament organized by Saphyro went very well, from memory the rules he had set up allowed to limit some excesses like the famous Skeying + block while not restricting the style of play and the skill of each player. The final I played myself against Rune didn't last more than 10 minutes for an ft7.

So what are we talking about? Organizing a real 1v1 tournament, with real duels or organizing a "show" in a game with no spectators?
There are no economic stakes that justify restricting the game and making it lamentably simple and accessible to the greatest number. Everyone is able to make 3 blocks and play a duel for less than 45 seconds, there is nothing competitive about it.
I know that the golden age of dueling is over on the game and that this one will not come back, with the many players who accompanied it and who are definitely part of the most skilled players in the history of the game and whom I respect the most, this period has also finished the air of polyvalent and complete players as could be a Drake or a Hokej.

Anyway Anthony, I don't know your perception of this tournament, but it's hard to see it as a serious tournament in the current state of things. I'm planning to attend because it looks like fun to play, but in any case serious and competitive. If you are in the first category then there is no problem, if you are in the second category then you will have to be more lucid and make better choices for your tournament.

i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2021, 07:16:02 pm »
Nickname: drake
Steam Link (required): drake
Where you from (Country): France
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: ye

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2021, 05:52:10 pm »
The rules need to be more fleshed out and actually explained
I think if no one takes damage during the 45 seconds the round basically resets?

On another note, if it's based on who's dealt more damage in the 45 seconds then it can be somewhat unfair considering if both players poke eachother the lucky one who's poke dealt more damage wins, they're still both pokes so wouldn't they be judged equally?

And if player 1 stabs player 2 four times and deals less damage than player 2 who stabbed player 1 once who is the fair winner?

For point one yes the round resets with no one winning or losing. Although in most of my testing haven't seen it gone that long.

For the second point we can either go by amounts of hits regardless of damage, or the actually remaining health of the player. I think ill make a poll to see what people would prefer.

For the third point I think its still fun to have some luck involved and also different stabs do different amounts of damage. Plus some players use movement ie they either walk into stabs or move away to take less damage on purpose.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2021, 06:00:53 pm »
If I can give my opinion, as someone who has actually triedhard 1v1 and knows a minimum of the subject, compared to 90% of the clowns who talk about it, I would say that the rules are currently irrelevant.

Let me explain. Anthony wants to implement new rules for 1v1 tournaments to make them more attractive, more fun and faster following the observation that the current meta is cancerous and leads to excesses like the famous Ledger vs Hokej fight.

But in reality this diagnostic is totally outdated. The meta is not the same as it was 2 or 3 years ago and most of the current players don't even know how to play a 1v1 anymore simply because the format has been decried a lot by a certain fringe of the community, who, while accumulating defeats, have insidiously spread their venom on the duels by explaining that they would become more and more boring. Which is rather funny, considering that it never took them more than 5 minutes to get them 5-0.

The last EU tournament organized by Saphyro went very well, from memory the rules he had set up allowed to limit some excesses like the famous Skeying + block while not restricting the style of play and the skill of each player. The final I played myself against Rune didn't last more than 10 minutes for an ft7.

So what are we talking about? Organizing a real 1v1 tournament, with real duels or organizing a "show" in a game with no spectators?
There are no economic stakes that justify restricting the game and making it lamentably simple and accessible to the greatest number. Everyone is able to make 3 blocks and play a duel for less than 45 seconds, there is nothing competitive about it.
I know that the golden age of dueling is over on the game and that this one will not come back, with the many players who accompanied it and who are definitely part of the most skilled players in the history of the game and whom I respect the most, this period has also finished the air of polyvalent and complete players as could be a Drake or a Hokej.

Anyway Anthony, I don't know your perception of this tournament, but it's hard to see it as a serious tournament in the current state of things. I'm planning to attend because it looks like fun to play, but in any case serious and competitive. If you are in the first category then there is no problem, if you are in the second category then you will have to be more lucid and make better choices for your tournament.

I really like that you understand where im coming from and you also did a good job explaining some context I have missed. Ill go over my general statement for tourney and then address your points.

Overall this tourney is my eyes is an experiment. The rules arent gonna be perfect but it will help for in the future seeing how rules impact player behavior. To see if the duels are more entertaining to watch for specs. To see if a tourney like this inspires people to want to host more duel tournaments.

Although as a competitive duelist myself I really do enjoy the old ruleset fine. I am not out to make it stop existing, and I dont mind fighting in it. Actually I am planning afterwards to do another one with a different ruleset.

My main desire to that dueling is still highly competitive and people find a way to enjoy this part of the game.

So dont take this as the winner is super serious god of true dueling. However, I do think that at least for the future of duel tourneys trying something like this out in the community to lead to some interesting results.

So for the people who like the old way I do too, ive played in those rulesets for years and I like variety.
Please continue to talk to me on steam if you want or feel free to keep posting. A post like extazz is a rolemodel post for helpful criticism that because of him will make the experience you guys have much better! Thank you for the feedback and keep it coming.

Have fun, its an experiment, sweat and tryhard, and I am curious to see which of you will come out on top o.O

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2021, 02:48:07 am »
Community Name: Stockholm
Name to be used: Stockholm
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DerHolm/
Do you agree accept the rules stated above?: Yes