Author Topic: ***THE CURRENT RULES KILLED DUELING AND DUEL TORUNEMENTS***  (Read 7844 times)

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
Duel tourneys are boring, slow, grindy, and painful to watch as a spectator.

I am one of the top North American Duelists and I have thousands of hours in the game. Yet even at a high level and extremely interested in the game, I cant even sit down and enjoy watching two players compete at the highest level in the old ruleset. I however think the players in this video should be praised at playing to the rules and getting to the top in spite of them. I know as someone who enjoys dueling the dedication, patience, and focus that is required to win in this ruleset. However like any sport like UFC rules change to make the game more engaging for spectators and to draw out different skillsets within players. Thus here are the simple ideas presented to make dueling once again more fun enjoyable and prestigious in warband.

Objectives: Making dueling Spectator friendly
Making dueling rely on aggressive fast paced spilt second mechanical ability

Rules: 30second rounds, 3 blocks in a row limit
If goes to draw player with more damage dealt wins
if draw with no damage done on either side both players suicide and restart

Ideas:
Right now I'm looking at finding a person to create scripts to have these ruleset automated.
Continuing to simplify ruleset and make it more effective to encourage the previously stated objectives.
Gather attention of community and streamers.

Future Concept: Make a NWWC style tourney with NWWC teams having livestream matches with proper hype go along with it. With winners of those tournaments battling it out on a finial grand stage to declare one nation victorious at creating the best duelist in Europe

Augment: Its normal for sports that involve 1 on 1 competition to change and develop rules with the interest of making it spectator friendly and also take a elite level of skill.

However in warband just like in early UFC's people would use tactics to slow down the fight to draw things out and make it defeat the point of fighting in the first place.

Example of Skeying, blocking, and holding in UFC

Example of New ruleset reducing the time of the fight and making it more entertaining and draws out skills of players more.

I am totally open to novel ideas on how to change the ruleset to achieve the goal of making it more spectator friendly and competitive for players. Let me know your thoughts and message me on fse or steam if your interested in helping me make this happen.
Atm I am looking for people interested in adming, scripting, streaming, and creating a fse thread.

Thanks! -Anthony

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 02:38:50 am by antslimey »

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
Re: ***THE CURRENT RULES KILLED DUELING AND DUEL TORUNEMENTS***
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 02:45:32 am »
This ufc roleplay thing in mount and blade a lil autistic gonna be honest.

2 attack directions inevitably leads to long duels  :-\
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 02:54:14 am »
I tried to make dueling more interesting and get people involved. It populates the duel server but overall it’s still just dueling. The best part about it is the trash talking and the beef it creates. People don’t want to do it anymore especially the best players in the game. Significant lack of interest unless there is a prize.

I was thinking about making the UFC NW belts and major bouts have a prize like $10 or something. And every time you defend the belt it’s another payday type of deal. But I’m not tryna spend money like that on this game lol. Would be a cool concept tho
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 04:28:20 am »
You can’t suggest this then s key in a duel against cwater for 5 minutes straight not attacking and then the round ends lol
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 04:31:15 am »
You can’t suggest this then s key in a duel against cwater for 5 minutes straight not attacking and then the round ends lol
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 04:34:23 am »
What do you think about the rules themselves (Any potential exploits or abuse?) and whats your perception at peoples willingness to try it?

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 05:06:33 am »
id be all for this on EU

im not sure about how the NA duel scene is but its just pure aids on EU, hence the complete lack of duel tournaments

best example being Hokej vs Ledger which iirc the tournament host cancelled the match cause it took too long

forcing people to focus their skills on getting nice chambers/timings/movement would be a lot more engaging and entertaining than forcing people to be patient

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 05:08:12 am »
Maple ruined dueling. There’s no going back

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 05:13:01 am »
id be all for this on EU

im not sure about how the NA duel scene is but its just pure aids on EU, hence the complete lack of duel tournaments

best example being Hokej vs Ledger which iirc the tournament host cancelled the match cause it took too long

forcing people to focus their skills on getting nice chambers/timings/movement would be a lot more engaging and entertaining than forcing people to be patient

I would be willing to even cohost smth like this for the EU scene as this is a breath of fresh air and a step in the right direction!  :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 05:38:50 am »
id be all for this on EU

I would be willing to even cohost smth like this for the EU scene as this is a breath of fresh air and a step in the right direction!  :)
Your on

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 05:40:30 am »
id be all for this on EU

Does anyone have a video of the Hokej vs Ledger fight. That would be a meme to see xD

And I agree I think everytime you hit a block gives enemy chance to punish you. Thus the players who win are those who are best at punishing but at the same time can react quickly if the enemy tries to sidestep or spam

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 06:03:54 am »
interesting

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 06:50:40 am »
I am one of the top North American Duelists

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:44 am »
Eh, I mean people just have shit playstyles. Idk if forcing time limits etc. on them is the right way to go though.

Dueling as a concept has not been interesting since 2014 and you can't change my mind!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.