Author Topic: The SuperLeague?? Football is dead?  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The SuperLeague?? Football is dead?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2021, 11:59:11 am »
The most annoying part of the whole scenario is all the sky sports pundits crying about greed like a bunch of hypocrites and like UEFA is any better.
yep theyre equally as bad, it's literally bad guys vs bad guys.

i love how people are applauding bayern and psg for not joining the league, the reason why psg isn't joining is so they can continue being corrupt and avoid fpp like theyve done for awhile now.

and bayerns owner himself has tried to make this european superleague a thing for ages now, if perez wouldn't push this like he has done, im sure rummennigge would sooner or later.

theyre all money grabbing cucks, there's no good side here, i do feel bad for the lower teams that will suffer economically if this happens due to all the revenue the big teams bring to their respective leagues
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:33:10 pm by Keita »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2021, 12:34:02 pm »
football more like suckcer
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2021, 02:12:42 pm »
The most annoying part of the whole scenario is all the sky sports pundits crying about greed like a bunch of hypocrites and like UEFA is any better.
Bit harsh on the pundits tbh, there's nothing hypocritical about it. They have fuck all to do with UEFA's corrupt business and none of the ones I've seen are even remotely pretending that UEFA is any better. Nor do they have any decisive influence over their former clubs' decisions, so it's not like they could've prevented this from happening. In the end I only see it as a good thing that they are voicing their opinion clearly and are calling fans to action.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2021, 03:13:29 pm »
Bit harsh on the pundits tbh, there's nothing hypocritical about it. They have fuck all to do with UEFA's corrupt business and none of the ones I've seen are even remotely pretending that UEFA is any better. Nor do they have any decisive influence over their former clubs' decisions, so it's not like they could've prevented this from happening. In the end I only see it as a good thing that they are voicing their opinion clearly and are calling fans to action.
They work for the highest paid company in that area who support UEFA blindly in whatever they do, it's not just their opinion they are easily influenced by their pay check and their job security.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2021, 04:34:54 pm »
Man city and Chelsea rumoured to both pull-out :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2021, 04:37:52 pm »
It was announced yesterday that neither of them actually wanted to join particularly but didn't wanna be left alone in a 'weakened' prem/champs league.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline carlitos

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2021, 04:46:00 pm »
Well Chelsea and City already signed for superleague, so i doubt they can withdraw easily.

Offline carlitos

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2021, 04:52:49 pm »
I support [...] a low class Bundesliga Club.

Schalke?  ;D
Bremen  8)
Bremen it is!

I think it takes away too much from the rest of the game to have this happen.
I keep seeing this point repeated and circlejerked over but what exactly is being taken away from the game if this league forms?
There are different problems.
First, in a normal UCL year, the top teams dont face each other twice per year. Games like Liverpool vs Real Madrid, Juve vs Manchester United etc dont happen that often, so its a highlight. The knock out situation makes it even more interesting. The Super League takes away the possbility for Underdogs, who somehow just make it to the semifinals in the UCL. In the Superleague, there are just top teams and they face each other so often, that its just not a highlight. After one or two seasons a match like Liverpool versus Fc Barcelona would feel like Liverpool versus Burnley.

Another point is, that Superleague players wont be a allowed in their national teams. So it is a bit like the american olympia teams of some of their top sports. A Nation, England is the best example, cant take players from its strongest 6 Teams, where a lot of national players are playing. That counts for other countries too, so the skill level of the World Cup would drop to a disapointing level.

Then there is the problem with the fans. Imagine you are a Liverpool supporter your whole life. You traveled Up and Down, from Manchester to London, to see your club live in stadium every week. It is the main thing in your life. Now you cant just say " lets go to West Ham versus Liverpool on Saturday, I buy the train tickets"
You have to say " lets go to Juve versus Liverpool, but fuck, I have to go by plane and because the match starts at 8 o clock, I cant fly back the same day"
So fan culture is reduced to home support and social media likes.

Then there is the financial point of other clubs. Many of them get a lot of money from Tv Deals. The matches are shown on TV and whoever pays enough money can show them on his channel. But how much would you pay for a spanish league without Barca, Real and Atletico? How much for a premiere league, where Everton versus Leicester is a top game? They will get less money and have to change their whole financial plan for the next years. Its not 100% sure how this will work out at the end.

These were just some points that came to my mind or that I read in the last days.

Super league teams wont leave their national leagues, i dont know where that comes from but thats not gonna happen unless they get banned from those leagues (no way). Same goes for the national teams.

About PSG, considering his relation with UEFA and FIFA regarding the world cup in Qatar, they wont join immidiately, but if superleague becomes real they will eventually join, and so will Bayern.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2021, 05:06:28 pm »
Spoiler

Schalke?  ;D
Bremen  8)
Bremen it is!

I keep seeing this point repeated and circlejerked over but what exactly is being taken away from the game if this league forms?
First, in a normal UCL year, the top teams dont face each other twice per year. Games like Liverpool vs Real Madrid, Juve vs Manchester United etc dont happen that often, so its a highlight. The knock out situation makes it even more interesting. The Super League takes away the possbility for Underdogs, who somehow just make it to the semifinals in the UCL. In the Superleague, there are just top teams and they face each other so often, that its just not a highlight. After one or two seasons a match like Liverpool versus Fc Barcelona would feel like Liverpool versus Burnley.

Another point is, that Superleague players wont be a allowed in their national teams. So it is a bit like the american olympia teams of some of their top sports. A Nation, England is the best example, cant take players from its strongest 6 Teams, where a lot of national players are playing. That counts for other countries too, so the skill level of the World Cup would drop to a disapointing level.

Then there is the problem with the fans. Imagine you are a Liverpool supporter your whole life. You traveled Up and Down, from Manchester to London, to see your club live in stadium every week. It is the main thing in your life. Now you cant just say " lets go to West Ham versus Liverpool on Saturday, I buy the train tickets"
You have to say " lets go to Juve versus Liverpool, but fuck, I have to go by plane and because the match starts at 8 o clock, I cant fly back the same day"

Then there is the financial point of other clubs. Many of them get a lot of money from Tv Deals. The matches are shown on TV and whoever pays enough money can show them on his channel. But how much would you pay for a spanish league without Barca, Real and Atletico? How much for a premiere league, where Everton versus Leicester is a top game? They will get less money and have to change their whole financial plan for the next years. Its not 100% sure how this will work out at the end.

These were just some points that came to my mind or that I read in the last days.

Super league teams wont leave their national leagues, i dont know where that comes from but thats not gonna happen unless they get banned from those leagues (no way). Same goes for the national teams.

About PSG, considering his relation with UEFA and FIFA regarding the world cup in Qatar, they wont join immidiately, but if superleague becomes real they will eventually join, and so will Bayern.
[close]
There's no way on earth fifa/uefa allow a tournament that will rake in billions (and devalue fifa/uefa leagues) without their oversight/cut. There's no doubt whatsoever that they will ban players/teams if people don't back down. Not that it will get that far anyway, as soon enough one of the teams will get cold feet and leave (which will then cause the whole thing to collapse).

Offline carlitos

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2021, 05:13:36 pm »
Spoiler

Schalke?  ;D
Bremen  8)
Bremen it is!

[close]
There's no way on earth fifa/uefa allow a tournament that will rake in billions (and devalue fifa/uefa leagues) without their oversight/cut. There's no doubt whatsoever that they will ban players/teams if people don't back down. Not that it will get that far anyway, as soon enough one of the teams will get cold feet and leave (which will then cause the whole thing to collapse).

And then who is gonna watch PL without the top 6 or the world cup without all the top players?

Superleague teams can survive just playing on that league, but national leagues cant survive without those teams. It will be the same as it was with european basket 20 years ago, they will eventually assume this superleague because at the end of the day they cant do anything against it without destroying themselves.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2021, 05:23:06 pm »
There's absolutely 0 chance that UEFA and national FA's will allow these teams to continue playing in their leagues if this Super League goes through.

Offline carlitos

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2021, 05:28:53 pm »
There's absolutely 0 chance that UEFA and national FA's will allow these teams to continue playing in their leagues if this Super League goes through.

They have a great opportunity right now to ban all remaining UCL teams before semifinals and give the trophy to PSG, and same with PL serie A and la liga.
Something tells me that they wont.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2021, 05:28:56 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

Schalke?  ;D
Bremen  8)
Bremen it is!

[close]

And then who is gonna watch PL without the top 6 or the world cup without all the top players?

Superleague teams can survive just playing in that league, but national leagues can't survive without those teams. It will be the same as it was with the European basket 20 years ago, they will eventually assume this superleague because at the end of the day they can't do anything against it without destroying themselves.
[close]
I don't think you understand, these plans totally remove any power from FIFA/UEFA along with threatening their revenue streams. From their perspective, if they go extreme and ban all these players/clubs then they will all eventually come back anyway and their revenue will only be affected in the short term. If they allow this to happen, then their power/finances will become second fiddle to this breakaway league. It will also provide precedent for the second-tier clubs, such as Leicester, Sevilla, Marseille etc to go and form their own second-tier super leagues. This is a case of survival for FIFA.

Also, the premier league has written rules that prohibits clubs from playing in other competitions without their consent + the UK government is intervening to stop English clubs from joining

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2021, 05:36:59 pm »
The thing is as well that no kid grows up dreaming about winning the European Super League. Kids grow up dreaming about participating in and winning their National League, the Champions League, the European Cup and the World Cup. If the next generation would have to choose between those 4 things or just participating in the European Super Cup, they will most likely choose the former.   

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2021, 05:49:49 pm »
I mean the part about the champions league could be only temporary realistically, it's not the first time a league like this has changed and of course that's always a point for the first 10-20 years.