Author Topic: North American Regimental League of Groupfighting [Season 1]  (Read 32555 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Regimental League of Groupfighting [Season 1]
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2021, 06:44:12 am »
As of right now until I see rosters, the plan is 3 league 1 regiments and 5 league 2, with everyone in league 1 playing each other twice

Lmao just play 98e in ft50 for league 1. And put the rest of us in league 2. Because that is damn near what you're suggesting.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2021, 07:26:09 am »
As of right now until I see rosters, the plan is 3 league 1 regiments and 5 league 2, with everyone in league 1 playing each other twice

Lmao just play 98e in ft50 for league 1. And put the rest of us in league 2. Because that is damn near what you're suggesting.

Lol what would you rather me do? Put everyone in league 1? I can't change how good people are at the game and I believe there will be at least a 3rd regiment that will be competitive when all the dominoes fall.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2021, 07:42:12 am »

yes put everyone in one league

Survival of the fittest

Lol what would you rather me do? Put everyone in league 1? I can't change how good people are at the game and I believe there will be at least a 3rd regiment that will be competitive when all the dominoes fall.
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2021, 08:52:45 am »
There will always be stacked regiments until the game dies, no one can change that. Most good players stick together because they are friends. With what I saw in the OCE competitive scene for both native and NW, the best regiments just had a bunch of really old friends who got good at the game together. There have been no regs where good players join together just to win and get a title. Those regs just had friends who constantly grinded the game together and became god tier. Having 2-3 stacked regiments doesn't help but an easy fix would be to have smaller gfs like 6v6  - 9v9 if you want 2 leagues but with the current numbers have 2 leagues doesn't seem great unless you have regs go at it more than once. With what Junedragon said, its not up to good players to mentor the intermediate and novice players, they don't have to if they don't want to, I personally got very very lucky and had really experienced players show me and the ropes and now I'm half decent at the game. However there seems to be a growing core of intermediate players who are playing more competitive and they should be encouraged to continue playing. People need to understand that Hawkince is in a really tight spot where having either 1 league or 2 leagues could destroy the comp. I'd personally say that have 2 leagues would be the better option so regs don't get 15-0d and quit. Having 1 league seems like an easy fix for having 7-9 regs but you're going to get a bunch of angry and depressed gamers when they get 15-0 by the 84th or 21st etc. I'd recommend having league 1 regs gf ft15 but best of 3 instead of having 2 gfs. Hawkince isn't hosting a groupfighting league just to have the 84th "stack" win. After what happened to Zach's 1v1 league, most people want to have groupfights and it's good to spice up the competitive NA scene. No one wants to have 2 drawn out 1v1 leagues that are back to back, Having another 1v1 league right now could potentially be disastrous for NA competitive. Hunteh hit the nail on the head, both 1v1 and groupfighting leagues are good in moderation and that groupfights are easier to setup and are faster plus a 1v1 league was just held so some players may be a bit burnt out. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:25:22 am by Dredd »

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2021, 12:36:09 pm »
There will always be stacked regiments until the game dies, no one can change that. Most good players stick together because they are friends. With what I saw in the OCE competitive scene for both native and NW, the best regiments just had a bunch of really old friends who got good at the game together. There have been no regs where good players join together just to win and get a title. Those regs just had friends who constantly grinded the game together and became god tier. Having 2-3 stacked regiments doesn't help but an easy fix would be to have smaller gfs like 6v6  - 9v9 if you want 2 leagues but with the current numbers have 2 leagues doesn't seem great unless you have regs go at it more than once. With what Junedragon said, its not up to good players to mentor the intermediate and novice players, they don't have to if they don't want to, I personally got very very lucky and had really experienced players show me and the ropes and now I'm half decent at the game. However there seems to be a growing core of intermediate players who are playing more competitive and they should be encouraged to continue playing. People need to understand that Hawkince is in a really tight spot where having either 1 league or 2 leagues could destroy the comp. I'd personally say that have 2 leagues would be the better option so regs don't get 15-0d and quit. Having 1 league seems like an easy fix for having 7-9 regs but you're going to get a bunch of angry and depressed gamers when they get 15-0 by the 84th or 21st etc. I'd recommend having league 1 regs gf ft15 but best of 3 instead of having 2 gfs. Hawkince isn't hosting a groupfighting league just to have the 84th "stack" win. After what happened to Zach's 1v1 league, most people want to have groupfights and it's good to spice up the competitive NA scene. No one wants to have 2 drawn out 1v1 leagues that are back to back, Having another 1v1 league right now could potentially be disastrous for NA competitive. Hunteh hit the nail on the head, both 1v1 and groupfighting leagues are good in moderation and that groupfights are easier to setup and are faster plus a 1v1 league was just held so some players may be a bit burnt out. 

Too long didn’t read
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2021, 01:19:15 pm »

Too long didn’t read

TLDR: Hawkince is doing his best so give him a break :)

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2021, 02:43:17 pm »
Wow so im going to be in league 2?  licking my lips rn.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2021, 03:08:15 pm »
easy pickings

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2021, 06:48:53 pm »
15e leauge 3 please
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2021, 11:49:49 pm »
Current Rosters, rosters will lock halfway through the season i.e. after 2 matches.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2021, 03:16:35 am »
Current Rosters, rosters will lock halfway through the season i.e. after 2 matches.
i never consented 2 being on 84th

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2021, 04:38:11 am »
i never consented 2 being on 84th

I gave consent on your behalf :)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2021, 04:52:01 am »
84th tryna snag all the eu's

Multicultural regiment
click here to join the 84th

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2021, 04:53:55 am »
84th tryna snag all the eu's

Multicultural regiment
84th? more like 45thN west

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2021, 04:57:13 am »

Yes
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.