Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 1]  (Read 54499 times)

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League Season 1
« Reply #840 on: May 04, 2021, 04:36:16 am »
Spoiler
First of all, fuck you

Yes, this is how you negotiated the scheduling issues too, which was actually part of the problem.
Cmon he knows what hes doing. Terrible looks.

Lol coming for me because I called you out for quitting your team. Rage babying because you got benched during a scrim.

Good job not addressing any of my acutal points xethos.
[close]
Didn't quit my team :). Just stating a quote from someone I admire quite dearly.

"yea I just left the scrim and didn't get back on because i wAsNT aSKeD"

You knew there was a match and you didn't get back on even though you knew your team was playing. I'm just calling it like it is.
I mean, I was quite literally not asked to get on for it, so I continued doing what I was previously. I believe there was also someone else on my team who didn't show up for half of our matches. Believe it or not, some of us have a finals week we could spend our time on if not needed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 04:38:08 am by Vertildr »
movement keyer

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #841 on: May 04, 2021, 04:38:21 am »
enough of this. Take it to PMs for any further discussion. The decision has been made and the focus is playoffs. I am trying to make a cool, production value post for everyone so PLEASE RELAX.

As Xethos mentioned, remember Rules 29 and 34.

"29. Treat opponents and staff with respect."
"34. General toxicity, personal attacks, and trolling will not be tolerated. If players are not acting appropriately, the mod staff will intervene and punishments may be handed out."

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #842 on: May 04, 2021, 06:08:25 am »
blueband out of playoffs????

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #843 on: May 04, 2021, 06:12:35 am »
So Jaax is the mvp this season right?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gavin357

• Second Lieutenant
  • Autoblocker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gavin
« Reply #844 on: May 04, 2021, 06:46:03 am »
Spoiler
First of all, fuck you

Yes, this is how you negotiated the scheduling issues too, which was actually part of the problem.
Cmon he knows what hes doing. Terrible looks.

Lol coming for me because I called you out for quitting your team. Rage babying because you got benched during a scrim.

Good job not addressing any of my acutal points xethos.
[close]
Didn't quit my team :). Just stating a quote from someone I admire quite dearly.

"yea I just left the scrim and didn't get back on because i wAsNT aSKeD"

You knew there was a match and you didn't get back on even though you knew your team was playing. I'm just calling it like it is.
I mean, I was quite literally not asked to get on for it, so I continued doing what I was previously. I believe there was also someone else on my team who didn't show up for half of our matches. Believe it or not, some of us have a finals week we could spend our time on if not needed.
Sorry, kid, cope harder. Absolute baboon mentality. Gn, kid. I'm staying winning and you're staying losing. Anyway, I don't know you, but frankly I don't find you very funny. This is only my humble opinion :p

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #845 on: May 04, 2021, 09:16:56 am »
So Jaax is the mvp this season right?
I think BabyJ is the MVP
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 04, 2021, 09:20:35 am »
Playoffs

The regular season has finished and we now go into the playoffs! It was a good season and we are now in the final stretch. As previously mentioned, one team will be eliminated before playoffs (based on the regular season results) and with all the scores now in, Sith Lords have been eliminated from the tournament with all other teams advancing. Jedi Masters and Cringe Management have clinched the #1 and #2 seeds, respectively, and will both have a BYE this week while the quarterfinals are played. The schedule and bracket for the playoffs is below. This is a single elimination bracket. Matches will still be bo3 maps.

Quarterfinals: May 3rd to May 9th
Semifinals: May 10th to May 16th
Finals and Bronze Match: May 17th to May 23rd

The quarterfinal matches below must be completed by May 9th
   VS.   

VS.   

In regards for determining home and away status for these matches, seeding in the bracket will be the determining factor. For each match, the higher seed will be the home team and the lower seed will be the away team.

I decided to do some interviews with the team captains and I asked them some questions going into the playoffs. If you like the "big production value" then I hope this does not disappoint.

Red Viper
Team: Jedi Masters, #1 Seed

Roster: Red Viper (C), Gavin, Jaax, SerWall, Stryker, BabyJ

Question 1: Your performance in the regular season was quite dominant. Is your game plan going to be the same moving forward, or do you think other teams have adapted to your team’s style?
A: “I think people have already adapted to us judging by how I see teams play. The plan is going to be play the same way we have been playing all season.”

Question 2: Were you surprised by your team’s performance getting the #1 seed for playoffs? Being the favorite, do you feel any or extra pressure in these upcoming playoff matches?
A: “No, I was not surprised. We all tried to be at the top and being there is an accomplishment by itself. As far as pressure, we try to play relaxed and light to not let any pressure get to us.”

Question 3: You play the winner of Hell vs AK-74, who would you rather want to go up against?
A: “To be honest, they both play relatively the same. If I had to pick, I would say AK-74 judging by the last time we played them.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 9-3
Map Record: 18-8
Best Performing Map: Den at 6-0
[close]

Theodin
Team: Cringe Management, #2 Seed

Roster: Theodin (C), Wastee, Svenypoo, RussianFury, Magmar, Jolly, WhaleFish

Question 1: You guys had a good showing in the regular season, and your strength seemed to be open melee. Will you continue the same strategy going forward?
A: “Yeah, we first started off slow but went on a 6-1 run which was a result of running a structured game. We have a bunch of washed-up old gens and we look to punish teams for breaking their formations.”

Question 2: Your team had the most matches played that went to 3 maps, but performed strong with a 5-2 record on the 3rd map. Do you think that will continue in the playoffs or do you think it won’t be as close?
A: “Well, I think we went to a lot of 3 maps because of a lack of warm-up on our part and we would get hammered on map 1. I prefer to get 2-0 wins but we don’t mind if it goes to a map 3.”

Question 3: You play the winner of Vindica vs Nittany Lions, who would you rather want to go up against?
A: “On paper, Vindica are the weaker team. However, when we played them, we didn’t do as well. It’s going to be tough matches regardless and I don’t really have a preference.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 7-4-1
Map Record: 16-13
Best Performing Map: Oasis at 4-1
[close]

Hawkince
Team: Nittany Lions, #3 Seed

Roster: Hawkince (C), Cwater, Risk, Oatmeal, amiranger, Copot

Question 1: How do you feel about your overall team’s performance so far? Do you think there is any needed improvement to be made with playoffs starting?
A: “As a team, we are really good. We are one of the best teams overall. We struggle in open melee and I would like to see us make smarter decisions.”

Question 2: Would you say your road in the playoffs is difficult considering who you have to play?
A: “I think on paper, we can beat any of these teams. I wouldn’t say there are any easy matchups because any team can play well. I am looking forward to the match vs Cringe Management if we beat Vindica since we only played once in the regular season.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Vindica? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I do look forward to playing them. On paper, we are the better team and I would say my confidence is a 9.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 14-9
Best Performing Map: Siege at 4-0
[close]

James
Team: AK-74, #4 Seed

Roster: James (C), Yoloswag, Horse, Rafael, Vlad, Cowlikenuts

Question 1: Your team had a rollercoaster season. You lost your first 2 matches, then won 5 straight, then lost 5 in a row to end the season. Granted you did have to forfeit twice from a lack of players, and another match or two was without one of your starters, Yoloswag. Has this any effect on your team environment/atmosphere? Does anything need to change?
A: “It’s annoying that we had to forfeit and had a low seed, but we made the playoffs and we will perform there.”

Question 2: What is going to be the key for your success in the playoffs?
A: “Capitalizing on our first pick advantage and focusing on regrouping. It was a key part of our 5-game win streak and we are going to look to continue that.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Hell? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I am looking forward to the match. They have good players and it should be good. I would say I am about an 8.5. I think we are the best team in the playoffs.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 5-7
Map Record: 11-11
Best Performing Map: Den at 2-1
[close]

Yoshie
Team: Hell, #5 Seed

Roster: Yoshie (C), Fireboy, Fartknocker, CommanderDeath, Runepkyz, Alexander

Question 1: You had made some roster changes with your team mainly through trading. Looking back, do you think you made the right decisions?
A: “Yes. Whalefish was a non-intentional trade but ended up being good. Rune was a steal so I can’t complain.”

Question 2: You had an incredible last stretch of matches, winning your last 3 in a row. As well as, that amazing upset win against Jedi Masters on Sunday to secure your spot in the playoffs. What’s the team atmosphere right now?
A: “Focused and really really sweaty. Our teamwork is insane right now and everyone is on their game. No useless calls and we are solely focused on winning.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against AK-74? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I am very confident…I would say a 10. I will not be upset if we play our best and lose. I have no regrets. We started off as the worst team and have only improved as the league went on. I’m ready to play.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 9-15
Best Performing Map: Arena at 3-1
[close]

Cytiuz
Team: Vindica, #6 Seed

Roster: Cytiuz (C), Anthony, Piktonss, Knives, Vertildr, Hunteh, Evan

Question 1: You were another team that had some roster changes. Going into the playoffs, do you think this is the right team combination to win the league?
A: “Yeah, I mean when we had Rune we did well but we still had missing pieces. For us, we wanted more team players and I needed to fill the roster due to my inactivity. We have been playing well since the roster change and have had more teamwork.”

Question 2: Now, you were gone for a bit through the regular season. Do you think that is going to have any impact in the playoff matches? What about your own performance from a lack of playing?
A: “No, because we were winning prior to me going inactive. Putting me back into the lineup only makes us stronger and we will only have more chemistry. I did feel a bit rusty playing against Sith Lords on Sunday, but I am starting to feel a lot better.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Nittany Lions? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “On a scale of 1-10, I feel a 10. The first time we beat them, we had just got our new lineup and we rolled them quite honestly. However, they are still a good team and we have to respect that.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 4-8
Map Record: 12-17
Best Performing Map: Arena at 3-0
[close]

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #847 on: May 04, 2021, 10:22:45 am »
can't commentate this weekend with Sleek, but good luck to all the QF teams!
click here to join the 84th

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #848 on: May 04, 2021, 05:34:39 pm »
Playoffs

The regular season has finished and we now go into the playoffs! It was a good season and we are now in the final stretch. As previously mentioned, one team will be eliminated before playoffs (based on the regular season results) and with all the scores now in, Sith Lords have been eliminated from the tournament with all other teams advancing. Jedi Masters and Cringe Management have clinched the #1 and #2 seeds, respectively, and will both have a BYE this week while the quarterfinals are played. The schedule and bracket for the playoffs is below. This is a single elimination bracket. Matches will still be bo3 maps.

Quarterfinals: May 3rd to May 9th
Semifinals: May 10th to May 16th
Finals and Bronze Match: May 17th to May 23rd

The quarterfinal matches below must be completed by May 9th
   VS.   

VS.   

In regards for determining home and away status for these matches, seeding in the bracket will be the determining factor. For each match, the higher seed will be the home team and the lower seed will be the away team.

I decided to do some interviews with the team captains and I asked them some questions going into the playoffs. If you like the "big production value" then I hope this does not disappoint.

Red Viper
Team: Jedi Masters, #1 Seed

Roster: Red Viper (C), Gavin, Jaax, SerWall, Stryker, BabyJ

Question 1: Your performance in the regular season was quite dominant. Is your game plan going to be the same moving forward, or do you think other teams have adapted to your team’s style?
A: “I think people have already adapted to us judging by how I see teams play. The plan is going to be play the same way we have been playing all season.”

Question 2: Were you surprised by your team’s performance getting the #1 seed for playoffs? Being the favorite, do you feel any or extra pressure in these upcoming playoff matches?
A: “No, I was not surprised. We all tried to be at the top and being there is an accomplishment by itself. As far as pressure, we try to play relaxed and light to not let any pressure get to us.”

Question 3: You play the winner of Hell vs AK-74, who would you rather want to go up against?
A: “To be honest, they both play relatively the same. If I had to pick, I would say AK-74 judging by the last time we played them.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 9-3
Map Record: 18-8
Best Performing Map: Den at 6-0
[close]

Theodin
Team: Cringe Management, #2 Seed

Roster: Theodin (C), Wastee, Svenypoo, RussianFury, Magmar, Jolly, WhaleFish

Question 1: You guys had a good showing in the regular season, and your strength seemed to be open melee. Will you continue the same strategy going forward?
A: “Yeah, we first started off slow but went on a 6-1 run which was a result of running a structured game. We have a bunch of washed-up old gens and we look to punish teams for breaking their formations.”

Question 2: Your team had the most matches played that went to 3 maps, but performed strong with a 5-2 record on the 3rd map. Do you think that will continue in the playoffs or do you think it won’t be as close?
A: “Well, I think we went to a lot of 3 maps because of a lack of warm-up on our part and we would get hammered on map 1. I prefer to get 2-0 wins but we don’t mind if it goes to a map 3.”

Question 3: You play the winner of Vindica vs Nittany Lions, who would you rather want to go up against?
A: “On paper, Vindica are the weaker team. However, when we played them, we didn’t do as well. It’s going to be tough matches regardless and I don’t really have a preference.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 16-13
Best Performing Map: Oasis at 4-1
[close]

Hawkince
Team: Nittany Lions, #3 Seed

Roster: Hawkince (C), Cwater, Risk, Oatmeal, amiranger, Copot

Question 1: How do you feel about your overall team’s performance so far? Do you think there is any needed improvement to be made with playoffs starting?
A: “As a team, we are really good. We are one of the best teams overall. We struggle in open melee and I would like to see us make smarter decisions.”

Question 2: Would you say your road in the playoffs is difficult considering who you have to play?
A: “I think on paper, we can beat any of these teams. I wouldn’t say there are any easy matchups because any team can play well. I am looking forward to the match vs Cringe Management if we beat Vindica since we only played once in the regular season.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Vindica? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I do look forward to playing them. On paper, we are the better team and I would say my confidence is a 9.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 14-9
Best Performing Map: Siege at 4-0
[close]

James
Team: AK-74, #4 Seed

Roster: James (C), Yoloswag, Horse, Rafael, Vlad, Cowlikenuts

Question 1: Your team had a rollercoaster season. You lost your first 2 matches, then won 5 straight, then lost 5 in a row to end the season. Granted you did have to forfeit twice from a lack of players, and another match or two was without one of your starters, Yoloswag. Has this any effect on your team environment/atmosphere? Does anything need to change?
A: “It’s annoying that we had to forfeit and had a low seed, but we made the playoffs and we will perform there.”

Question 2: What is going to be the key for your success in the playoffs?
A: “Capitalizing on our first pick advantage and focusing on regrouping. It was a key part of our 5-game win streak and we are going to look to continue that.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Hell? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I am looking forward to the match. They have good players and it should be good. I would say I am about an 8.5. I think we are the best team in the playoffs.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 11-11
Best Performing Map: Den at 2-1
[close]

Yoshie
Team: Hell, #5 Seed

Roster: Yoshie (C), Fireboy, Fartknocker, CommanderDeath, Runepkyz, Alexander

Question 1: You had made some roster changes with your team mainly through trading. Looking back, do you think you made the right decisions?
A: “Yes. Whalefish was a non-intentional trade but ended up being good. Rune was a steal so I can’t complain.”

Question 2: You had an incredible last stretch of matches, winning your last 3 in a row. As well as, that amazing upset win against Jedi Masters on Sunday to secure your spot in the playoffs. What’s the team atmosphere right now?
A: “Focused and really really sweaty. Our teamwork is insane right now and everyone is on their game. No useless calls and we are solely focused on winning.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against AK-74? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “I am very confident…I would say a 10. I will not be upset if we play our best and lose. I have no regrets. We started off as the worst team and have only improved as the league went on. I’m ready to play.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Map Record: 9-15
Best Performing Map: Arena at 3-1
[close]

Cytiuz
Team: Vindica, #6 Seed

Roster: Cytiuz (C), Anthony, Piktonss, Knives, Vertildr, Hunteh, Evan

Question 1: You were another team that had some roster changes. Going into the playoffs, do you think this is the right team combination to win the league?
A: “Yeah, I mean when we had Rune we did well but we still had missing pieces. For us, we wanted more team players and I needed to fill the roster due to my inactivity. We have been playing well since the roster change and have had more teamwork.”

Question 2: Now, you were gone for a bit through the regular season. Do you think that is going to have any impact in the playoff matches? What about your own performance from a lack of playing?
A: “No, because we were winning prior to me going inactive. Putting me back into the lineup only makes us stronger and we will only have more chemistry. I did feel a bit rusty playing against Sith Lords on Sunday, but I am starting to feel a lot better.”

Question 3: Are you looking forward to your quarterfinals match this week against Nittany Lions? How confident are you on a scale of 1-10?
A: “On a scale of 1-10, I feel a 10. The first time we beat them, we had just got our new lineup and we rolled them quite honestly. However, they are still a good team and we have to respect that.”

Notable Team Statistics:
Match Record: 4-8
Map Record: 12-17
Best Performing Map: Arena at 3-0
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 04, 2021, 10:54:58 pm »
Your Team: AK-74
Their Team: Hell
Time/Timezone: 9:00est
Date: 5/8
Ref: Need one

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #850 on: May 08, 2021, 06:58:14 am »
nitanny vs vindica

5/8 9est

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 08, 2021, 08:02:51 am »
retarded drunk post, pls ignore thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 03:10:58 am by Aurum »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Svenypoo

• First Lieutenant
  • I like to disappear for extended periods of time
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Svenypoo
« Reply #852 on: May 08, 2021, 08:40:39 pm »
goin through some personal/financial problems at the moment. let met know if you are ACTUALLy interested in it or not. thhanks

emaiL: nick.blades1@gmail.com

lets goooo

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut, baby.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 08, 2021, 08:44:02 pm »
goin through some personal/financial problems at the moment. let met know if you are ACTUALLy interested in it or not. thhanks

lets goooo

Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #854 on: May 08, 2021, 08:44:11 pm »

lets goooo

Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo