Author Topic: NWWC 2021 | Overview  (Read 21398 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2021 | Overview
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 06:13:16 pm »
:)

Who designed the team logos? I like the style.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 06:14:53 pm »
Elsse did. I just made the header/sub-headers to save him time.

All threads should now be up. If anyone spots any mistakes just let me know. I think I got them all now.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

yecgga

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 06:16:27 pm »

+1

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 06:21:27 pm »
If anyone is interested in specifically helping keep the threads updated with signups, etc. Then hit me up on Steam.

I already have a fair sized team but the more the merrier.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 06:32:02 pm »
this year could be interesting. Some nations got really promising players this year

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Headless

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner of the 1 brain cell in the 45thN Centre
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 06:32:29 pm »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 06:33:14 pm »
Also for servers so far I've acquired 3 German ones thanks to Lindblom. We will need a couple more German ones and of course some French. I'd also like a third location for if FRA v GER happens potentially somewhere like the UK so it's a balanced ground.

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2021, 07:07:59 pm »
sub

Offline Komar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 07:15:31 pm »
What's up with that idea of having only one team per  nation? Me and my friends wanted to make a team of lesser known but GOOD players so we can all have a chance to compete in a higher league tournament. With only 1 team per nation rule, obviously the captain will pick players that he had played with before. Why would anybody pick a player that he only heard of even if he is really good, obviously you want to maximize the teamplay and nobody will risk taking a player he doesnt know over somebody he knows. " The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with" - stop behaving like some primary school teacher trying to socialize the kids lmao. And just like in the randomised tournaments You mentioned, the lesser known players will be pushed to the side. I really don't understand the explanation for it, it's non logical and the bonding you mentioned will not happen, only the same old players will be playing with the same captains.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 07:18:01 pm »
What's up with that idea of having only one team per  nation? Me and my friends wanted to make a team of lesser known but GOOD players so we can all have a chance to compete in a higher league tournament. With only 1 team per nation rule, obviously the captain will pick players that he had played with before. Why would anybody pick a player that he only heard of even if he is really good, obviously you want to maximize the teamplay and nobody will risk taking a player he doesnt know over somebody he knows. " The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with" - stop behaving like some primary school teacher trying to socialize the kids lmao. And just like in the randomised tournaments You mentioned, the lesser known players will be pushed to the side. I really don't understand the explanation for it, it's non logical and the bonding you mentioned will not happen, only the same old players will be playing with the same captains.

True. And guess what the same final will happen again Eng vs Fra yes very interesting tournament !!!

How many years is it now ? 5 years of the same?  :)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 07:20:16 pm »
Golden lol how dare you cry when you got fucking op top5 team compared to other tier2/3 teams and even last year you managed to fail, get good
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
Golden lol how dare you cry when you got fucking op top5 team compared to other tier2/3 teams and even last year you managed to fail, get good

First off you should be banned permanently for NWWC for cheating not once but TWICE. And don't talk to me about crying and tier2/3 teams when every year ukraine begs to make CIS team and other bs slavic formations too afraid to play with their own guys.

Besides it's not about my ability or your teams ability to win its the fact anybody really expects anything other than a Eng vs Fra boring final again. But I'm going to play now just to beat Ukraine dog team. :)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 07:35:23 pm »
Having 1 team per nation is a way better idea. If you can't put aside your differences then honestly thats tough luck.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Komar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 07:42:38 pm »
Who said anything about some bad blood between players? All this rule does is not letting many players participate and making this tournament more elitist and predictable.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 07:48:16 pm »
It says our reasoning on the OP;

'This year we will be only allowing one team per nation. Why, might you ask? The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with in order to get the best chance of winning. The only other major change is that this year we will be trying to pick up on cheating, taking on from what Tardet once did in native. The hosts will decide if any signed up players are 'suspicious' and any marked players will need to record ALL of their matches or they will not be allowed to partake.'

This is how it has been every year apart from last year. It was discussed with all the organisers prior to this.