Author Topic: NWWC 2021 | Overview  (Read 21361 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
NWWC 2021 | Overview
« on: January 22, 2021, 04:59:22 pm »

Welcome to NWWC 2021. NWWC (Napoleonic Wars World Cup) is a competition bringing all nationalities from across the globe together to compete against each other, in order to determine who is the most skilled Nation in a Groupfighting format. This year however we will be returning back to a larger format (7v7), this is lower than the classic 8v8 but this is due to some nations having lost players over the year. This year we will be only allowing one team per nation. Why, might you ask? The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with in order to get the best chance of winning. The only other major change is that this year we will be trying to pick up on cheating, taking on from what Tardet once did in native. The hosts will decide if any signed up players are 'suspicious' and any marked players will need to record ALL of their matches or they will not be allowed to partake.

The tournament originally started in the spring of 2012, as a pilot designed to test out national group fighting competitions. The pilot was a success and bred a full blown tournament in the autumn of 2012. As time went by, the original organisers left the community and the latest tournament, hosted in 2015, was organised by Herishey and Bobertini. However, due to Herishey’s part retirement, the tournament was passed on and hosted by Cazasar and Rommel for 2016 and 2017. The latter hosted two amazing NWWC's, along with Mini-NWWC's also. 2016 and 2017 producer two champions in both Germany and France the year after. After his hiatus, Herishey stepped back up into the position of head organiser of the NWWC, and with Hercules, they successfully hosted one of the best NWWC’s to date. In 2019, MarxeiL and Herishey hosted a revamped M-NWWC with great success. Last year Kore has taken the role of head organiser in order to bring you a new and successful edition of NWWC. Now the reigns return back to Herishey with a strong team of co-organisers.

Dates:
Captain choice will be 31.01.2021*, Sign-Ups close 14.02.2021*, Team Deadlines will be 21.02.2020*, NWWC will be due to start on 22nd of February.*

(* - subject to change)

STAFF

Organisers:

Head Organiser

Herishey | Steam

Organiser

Shadey | Steam

Advisor

Kore | Steam

Advisor

MarxeiL | Steam

Advisors

Python & Elsse & Voluble| Steam & Steam & Steam

Referees:

Referee

Kore | Steam

Referee

MarxeiL | Steam

Referee

Elsse | Steam

Referee

Shadey| Steam

Referee

Voluble | Steam

Referee

Rikkert| Steam

Referee

Yoloswag| Steam

Referee

Golden | Steam

Referee

Jakob | Steam

Referee

Saphyro | Steam

Referee

Smylie| Steam

Referee

John | Steam

Referee

Steinmann | Steam

Referee

Chuckster | Steam

Referee

Fotin | Steam

Referee

Ricky| Steam

Referee

Crusher | Steam

Referee

Lucon | Steam

Referee

Yovko | Steam

Referee

Maskman | Steam

Referee

Hertz| Steam

Referee

Placeholder | Steam

Referee

Placeholder | Steam

Referee

Placeholder | Steam

Referee

Placeholder | Steam

Contributors:

Graphics

Elsse | Steam

Graphics

Herishey | Steam

Thread Design

MarxeiL | Steam

Stats

Kraz | Steam

Map Maker

Python | Steam

Server Host

Lindblom | Steam

Server Host

Unicorn| Steam

Server Host

Gull | Steam

Server Host

Maskman | Steam

Server Host

Syrcrim | Steam

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:14:49 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2021 | Overview
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 05:02:21 pm »
fuck this
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 05:04:50 pm »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 05:05:05 pm »
Here we go again
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 05:08:11 pm »
The other threads will be done soon once I get a chance.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
Re: NWWC 2021 | Overview
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 05:09:54 pm »
good luck, it can be an interesting one !

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 05:10:12 pm »
Really happy to see that. Good Luck to all the organizers!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 05:10:27 pm »
Thanks Fotin :)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 05:47:01 pm »
Quote from: Herishey in the rule thread
3.5 | Nation's are allowed to have multiple teams participating within the tournament. These teams will be completely separate from each other, with different captains and rosters.

This year we will be only allowing one team per nation. Why, might you ask? The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with in order to get the best chance of winning.

Not to be that guy but can't be both :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:50:04 pm by Scottish Unicorn »

yecgga

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 05:47:34 pm »
Why not 8v8 or 10v10?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 05:50:42 pm »
Some nations couldn't field the 8  :'(

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 05:50:59 pm »
Why not 8v8 or 10v10?
Because small nations with not a big roster won't be able to participate.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 05:52:49 pm »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline higened243ed

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 243 grouped co-captained
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 85e / 2eFusGre
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 05:54:19 pm »
Ohh GL ! :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 06:00:34 pm »
Quote from: Herishey in the rule thread
3.5 | Nation's are allowed to have multiple teams participating within the tournament. These teams will be completely separate from each other, with different captains and rosters.

This year we will be only allowing one team per nation. Why, might you ask? The NWWC was designed to bring players together, especially the best of them to compete. Sort of like the randomised tournaments we want to invite people to play with players they may not usually play with in order to get the best chance of winning.

Not to be that guy but can't be both :(
Yeah I was just getting all the threads out, the rules need to be checked.

EDIT: I think I got all of them now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:02:43 pm by Herishey »