Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61813 times)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2021, 12:41:59 pm »
Being in contradiction with something doesn't mean crying or whining you have to stop with these insinuations it just ruins all communication from the start, all I see is people trying to do what's best for the community as Herishey says he's in the """losing""" position (even if it's a bit of an exaggeration, we're only a few points apart) and yet he's still bringing up this topic when it's not supposed to benefit him, let's have a healthy and mature discussion on how to improve the EGS without FSE warriors and their usual sophism.
stfu ur opinion is irrelevant
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2021, 12:44:04 pm »
Herishey youre basically already saying why its better to have that playoff tournament lol

The initial idea was the way CSGO Majors work with the RMR events, if you feel its useless to play more just dont attend anymore until the playoff tournament? And I cant see the reason to start crying about something after you signed up for it knowing how it works AND already having played some tournaments

If youre the best team you wont have a problem winning the playoffs aswell and all the other teams still have something to play for

The way you want it I can just stop coming to tournaments at this point since its over anyways

So since its better for literally any team except 1 or 2 i dont understand why you want to change it xdd
You all keep saying 'crying', bunch of snowflakes don't seem to understand how a constructive discussion works. I'm not crying I'm simply saying why I think the playoff system is flawed, I understand it in a league but this is essentially a group of tournaments that then comes down to the exact same 'tournament' system again just at the end of the season which makes no sense. With a proper league I can understand a playoff as one match is played every week or so then you have a full on playoff at the end. Where as with this we have a full tournament (group stage + essentially a playoff) every 2 weeks. So finishing up with the exact same thing and saying that's the be all and end all just seems outlandish.

I never mentioned 'IT SHOULD BE CHANGED RIGHT AWAY RIGHT NOW' or 'THIS SEASON' did I. I am simply posting my opinion on why it should be changed, I didn't say when.

as Voluble said, we will keep the playoff for this season

and saying amaterasus performance over the seaosn, has no impact, is not true. Amaterasu will, most likely, get a bye till the finals, so worst the can achieve is a 2nd place.

Idea came from other esports titles like CS:GO, or Rocket League. Or even in the real sports, like in tennis, you have a season ending championship, with the best players playing.

I understand why it was chosen but again that is based off a series of matches not a series of tournaments like EGS are doing (see my points above). Again to reiterate I am not calling EGS silly I'm simply stating that a playoff in this particular format is.

8 teams out of 20 is also a very large playoff I have to say.

I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2021, 01:52:08 pm »
Herishey youre basically already saying why its better to have that playoff tournament lol

The initial idea was the way CSGO Majors work with the RMR events, if you feel its useless to play more just dont attend anymore until the playoff tournament? And I cant see the reason to start crying about something after you signed up for it knowing how it works AND already having played some tournaments

If youre the best team you wont have a problem winning the playoffs aswell and all the other teams still have something to play for

The way you want it I can just stop coming to tournaments at this point since its over anyways

So since its better for literally any team except 1 or 2 i dont understand why you want to change it xdd
You all keep saying 'crying', bunch of snowflakes don't seem to understand how a constructive discussion works. I'm not crying I'm simply saying why I think the playoff system is flawed, I understand it in a league but this is essentially a group of tournaments that then comes down to the exact same 'tournament' system again just at the end of the season which makes no sense. With a proper league I can understand a playoff as one match is played every week or so then you have a full on playoff at the end. Where as with this we have a full tournament (group stage + essentially a playoff) every 2 weeks. So finishing up with the exact same thing and saying that's the be all and end all just seems outlandish.

I never mentioned 'IT SHOULD BE CHANGED RIGHT AWAY RIGHT NOW' or 'THIS SEASON' did I. I am simply posting my opinion on why it should be changed, I didn't say when.

as Voluble said, we will keep the playoff for this season

and saying amaterasus performance over the seaosn, has no impact, is not true. Amaterasu will, most likely, get a bye till the finals, so worst the can achieve is a 2nd place.

Idea came from other esports titles like CS:GO, or Rocket League. Or even in the real sports, like in tennis, you have a season ending championship, with the best players playing.

I understand why it was chosen but again that is based off a series of matches not a series of tournaments like EGS are doing (see my points above). Again to reiterate I am not calling EGS silly I'm simply stating that a playoff in this particular format is.

8 teams out of 20 is also a very large playoff I have to say.
We took our own twist on it which is perfectly fine and not flawed. Regardless of it being a league of matches or tournaments it doesn’t change it to be flawed or not. We will finish the season then have that discussion. The principle of the issue raised I.E. performing well all season to then lose at the final hurdle being “unfair” is wrong and completely relatable to these other games you refer to, you have to be the best team and perform to your best to win. As Dark said, best 2 teams basically get a bypass to the final/semis anyways so it’s hard to see a upset or be super unfair. I think the play off system this season may look bad purely on the basis there is only two teams in each final with similar outcomes making the playoffs look irrelevant. If the season was more balanced and close, I’m sure people wouldn’t have a issue with the play off idea at all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:55:05 pm by Voluble123 »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2021, 02:35:44 pm »
Yeah we already discussed this on Steam now and I am less against it now, I don't think I'll ever be fully for playoffs but this season the way it turned out has just made it all look a lot worse. :)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2021, 03:07:47 pm »
Yeah we already discussed this on Steam now and I am less against it now, I don't think I'll ever be fully for playoffs but this season the way it turned out has just made it all look a lot worse. :)
agreed it’s been one sided so it looks pointless but yeah good points made nonetheless. If more issues are raised with playoffs we will discuss before finalising next season to make changes, anyone feel free to comment something productive for changes if you wish. Maybe mels/maskman you have a suggestion to change tiebreakers?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2021, 05:49:20 pm »
if we want to have a proper play offs/major tournament at the end of this, I suggest using the double-elim format then
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2021, 06:05:12 pm »
what about an 8v8 format for the play-offs, would be quite interesting to have almost every person from the roster playing.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2021, 06:06:13 pm »
what about an 8v8 format for the play-offs, would be quite interesting to have almost every person from the roster playing.

Yeah good idea

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2021, 06:10:15 pm »

Yeah good idea
^^^

althoguh 7v7 might be easier for most teams
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:16:34 pm by Ry@n »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2021, 06:18:54 pm »

Yeah good idea
Wow no one woulda thought of that right Fietta?

EDIT: I too like this idea as it shows the teams full depth and it's less predictable since it hasn't been done this series.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2021, 10:49:44 pm »
agreed it’s been one sided so it looks pointless but yeah good points made nonetheless. If more issues are raised with playoffs we will discuss before finalising next season to make changes, anyone feel free to comment something productive for changes if you wish. Maybe mels/maskman you have a suggestion to change tiebreakers?

Spoiler
[close]

Do it based on wins, with the first Tie Break being points then matches played as it should be. Virgins with less points should never be above NPP especially as NPP beat them 5-2 in the groups.

This points difference argument seems like a poor excuse for a mishandling and ill preparation for the set up of the challonge.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 10:51:19 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2021, 12:16:47 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Do it based on wins, with the first Tie Break being points then matches played as it should be. Virgins with less points should never be above NPP especially as NPP beat them 5-2 in the groups.

This points difference argument seems like a poor excuse for a mishandling and ill preparation for the set up of the challonge.
If you must know, we didn’t set up this specific challonge wrong, all season long we have used these tiebreakers and they aint exactly a issue as they are BUT we did say some months ago we was ok for change when MarxeiL suggested it. Sorry for providing such ill prepared tournaments and giving poor excuses. Might aswell stop whilst I’m ahead aye!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2021, 09:26:12 am »
Not sure if you’re aware of the hassle it was to make teams bring 7. Let alone 8. Imo 6v6 would be best. Gets more of the teams playing their members, and also will be interesting to see which teams excel with lower numbers.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2021, 09:33:53 am »
We should just let the bottom one win. So RF finally wins something then xD

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2021, 09:54:51 am »
Not sure if you’re aware of the hassle it was to make teams bring 7. Let alone 8. Imo 6v6 would be best. Gets more of the teams playing their members, and also will be interesting to see which teams excel with lower numbers.
I'd imagine for the final tournament/play off most teams (it's only 8 of them anyway) could get 8.