Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61347 times)

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2021, 12:19:15 pm »
If that are the keys which Desant banned on Wurstfighting i can give a full list xd
Send me those Guids please

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2021, 01:01:04 pm »
If that are the keys which Desant banned on Wurstfighting i can give a full list xd
Clown admin
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2021, 01:13:56 pm »
Clown admin

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2021, 01:29:25 pm »

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2021, 01:44:00 pm »
Imagine dont know flushas guids in 2021

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2021, 02:47:26 pm »
A while back I wanted to react to part of a post Boboy made about price-pools for the groupfighting scene and the European Challenger Series project but forgot about it.

As I said earlier I voted for Pieter last time. Since I liked his proposal the most with Price/Tardet trying to shift more competitive maybe even something NW-Esports like with ​higher price pools and maybe even sponsors. I'm aware that they could do all that without the CR role, so does unicorn with his server boxes. Nonetheless I would have liked to see how this turned out with CR Pieter working with Price/Tardet. Would have regularly offered several hundred bucks prize money in tournaments.

PS: Don't really know where my 200 bucks for EIC went tho, but I don't mind since I enjoy the 92nd_Mod_Events and Prices Twitch Streams :)

Right now the ECS has close to no chance of happening and quite frankly, although the idea itself was excellent, we should have realised that the EGS was already THE main competitive project for the gf scene and that trying to push a different product wasn't gonna be possible for such a small scene.

But instead, why not use some of the resources that were planned for the ECS, for the EGS? Chriseh has shown he is capable to host a regular show and make it interesting, he could also easily cover a grand-final if Chadman wasn't available for whatever reason and more importantly, upon Boboy's approval, the money he donated for the ECS (it's still 200 euros!) could be directly sent to increase the EGS prize-pool instead of being kept on a sleeping account for a tournament project that may never go live. 
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2021, 11:51:54 pm »
If I understand correctly you can not be in the top 5 during all the tournaments but if you win the playoffs you win the EGS ? If so what is the point of winning every tournament if losing one could make you lose the season

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2021, 11:51:06 am »
If I understand correctly you can not be in the top 5 during all the tournaments but if you win the playoffs you win the EGS ? If so what is the point of winning every tournament if losing one could make you lose the season
Winning the tournaments gives you the best possible seed. You signed up knowing the format. Seeming it was such high prizepool we wanted a play off stage for sure so it won’t be changed. Yes in theory what you said could happen, and that’s the beauty of the idea. Anyone who qualifies can win if they perform super well and it would go down in history as one of the greatest underdog wins ever.

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2021, 12:13:59 pm »
Just let nw die pls.
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2021, 12:14:23 pm »
rigged
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2021, 12:27:45 pm »
Winning the tournaments gives you the best possible seed. You signed up knowing the format. Seeming it was such high prizepool we wanted a play off stage for sure so it won’t be changed. Yes in theory what you said could happen, and that’s the beauty of the idea. Anyone who qualifies can win if they perform super well and it would go down in history as one of the greatest underdog wins ever.
I really don't give a shit about reading the format, but thanks, I understand better now, although I still think it sucks.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Board Moderator
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2021, 12:31:35 pm »
I really don't give a shit reading the format, but thanks, I understand better now, although I still think it sucks.

Don’t know why you are being so rude, when you sign up for something like this you are expected to understand and agree to the format before the tournament starts, there was plenty of time to debate and discuss the format and etc on the discussion thread or with one of the admins.

But I can see instead you used that time to meme about your yellow muskets which are cheats, I think its your attitude that sucks.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2021, 12:37:36 pm »
I really don't give a shit reading the format, but thanks, I understand better now, although I still think it sucks.

Don’t know why you are being so rude, when you sign up for something like this you are expected to understand and agree to the format before the tournament starts, there was plenty of time to debate and discuss the format and etc on the discussion thread or with one of the admins.

But I can see instead you used that time to meme about your yellow muskets which are cheats, I think its your attitude that sucks.
"Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions"

It's the first sentence of the thread, if I'm so "rude" it's because I didn't like the way you tried to close the discussion with the "it's in the format you accepted it" obviously I accept it I don't see how doing what darktemplar said to do in his first sentence a problem and something i can't do after the tournament have start, you didn't eat your breakfast or what Golden chill out buddy :o

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2021, 12:39:29 pm »
Entitled and Privileged   :-X
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2021, 12:53:59 pm »
I like the playoff system, it brings importance to the very end of the season. It works very well in ice-hockey, prevents teams from getting champion months before the season ends (im looking at you Bundesliga and Premier League)