Author Topic: Manor Lords - RTS Battles & City Builder  (Read 1292 times)

Skaen

Manor Lords - RTS Battles & City Builder
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:35:30 pm »
I bounced on this game on YouTube and it actually seems pretty interesting. Here are some videos. If someone knows more about this feel free to discuss. :)

I'll post more info about the game when I find some.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Manor Lords - RTS Battles & City Builder
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 02:42:18 pm »
I've been following the game for a while now and it really is a double-edged sword: the concept looks fantastic and I really want a good city-builder more than anything but the project seems very (maybe a bit too) ambitious, especially since the whole game is being developed by one guy(!)

Maybe that's just because I have seen so many games in that genre fail the past years

Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Skaen

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:43:45 pm »
I've been following the game for a while now and it really is a double-edged sword: the concept looks fantastic and I really want a good city-builder more than anything but the project seems very (maybe a bit too) ambitious, especially since the whole game is being developed by one guy(!)

Maybe that's just because I have seen so many games in that genre fail the past years
Ahh, I do hope this will succeed because it looks really like a good game. But if it's just one guy developing this then, I'm indeed not setting my hopes too high.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 08:13:53 pm »
demo available btw

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 08:14:52 pm »
Ye saw that yesterday, will need to give that a download and try it out.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 08:52:36 pm »
Did anyone try it out yet? I was kinda hyped when I saw it for the first time, but I don't really know atm.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 08:54:20 pm »
Tbh not much has changed with the project. Just now we have a better idea of how the game will look on release.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 08:55:05 pm »
Did anyone try it out yet? I was kinda hyped when I saw it for the first time, but I don't really know atm.
downloading it rn, going to tell you what i think about it once i'm top tier in manor lords

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 08:57:41 pm »
downloading it rn, going to tell you what i think about it once i'm top tier in manor lords
1v1 me manor lords rn swiss

my download just finished

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 10:02:41 pm »
Having seen what was announced and show in 2020 i'm a bit disappointed we dont have more to play with but enjoyed the city building aspect.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 10:38:57 pm »
1v1 me manor lords rn swiss

my download just finished
Spoiler
[close]
already enslaved you sooo nahhh

Skaen

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 09:42:21 am »
Wait, I thought it was strategy / age of empire ish, but you can play as a character too?

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 01:32:56 pm »
Wait, I thought it was strategy / age of empire ish, but you can play as a character too?
it's just for you too take a look at your city. it's just funny to walk through a city you just created yourself ^^
So after beating John Price in the Manor Lord 1v1 i can say it's a beautiful city builder game.
In the demo there is only the city building part included so no battles yet, but this is no big deal. I really enjoyed diving into this experience and managing all my famillies and building them houses and to give the work. In the beginning this leads to a inbalance of people and work which has to be done, so you really have to manually assign the people to the right tasks at the right times (seasons are a thing as you might could have expected). It feels really awarding to balance out the firewood production and the food production. With the surplus of goods you create you can start expanding your city so new families will join. Because of the limited range the demo offers once you expand enough and have the resource production up and running it lacks of a challenge, but i'm quite sure that with the full release the game and it's mechanics will  provide many hours of challenges and fun.

Spoiler

[close]

i do really recommend trying out the demo for yourself!!

Skaen

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 01:39:38 pm »
Really sounds interesting. Can't wait what the battles will look like. Is there singleplayer too or only multiplayer?

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 01:46:29 pm »
Really sounds interesting. Can't wait what the battles will look like. Is there singleplayer too or only multiplayer?
it‘s singleplayer only, 1vs1 is (sadly  :'( ) not possible and i don‘t believe it will be