Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 25620 times)

Skaen

Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2023, 08:01:44 pm »
Problem with Holdfast is the melee is just very unresponsive. If it was a lot more responsive and the hitboxes were actually good, I wouldn't mind playing Holdfast. When you go on public servers it's just a pure sniper fest.

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2023, 08:22:05 pm »
Problem with Sword & Musket is the melee is just very unresponsive. If it was a lot more responsive and the hitboxes were actually good, Actually it look like we play on a chinese server on warband
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:36:18 pm by Chuckster »

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy & Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2023, 08:27:40 pm »
depends what your goal is

if it's just casual historical gameplay feel, then don't listen to warband players and do your thing, though idk why not just play holdfast then

if you wanna take competitive play into consideration, listening to warband/NW players is probably a good idea, but again, you can do your thing here too and just hope for the best
^
This is the competition, everyone insulting french players and i don't care, we will prove it in tournament - LeBrave "The Precursor"

NW is mental game, I have said what need to be said... you all bad and rue day you mess with me big anime profile man

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2023, 12:38:33 am »
To be fair, was watching Achilles play it (I aint downloading Bannerlord fuck that) and the combat ISN'T terrible, I mean it's definitely bad but the registry is pretty good. The attack delay is shite though and 30 damage for a musket bash? Should be like 3 damage. Overall out of all the NW clones, it it by far the best in terms of combat.

Can you also somehow make chambering work, would be nice

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
  • Side: Union
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2023, 11:46:14 am »
Problem with Sword & Musket is the melee is just very unresponsive. If it was a lot more responsive and the hitboxes were actually good, Actually it look like we play on a chinese server on warband
Thats real reason why only singleplayer of bannerlord is good.

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2023, 01:26:02 pm »
To be fair, was watching Achilles play it (I aint downloading Bannerlord fuck that) and the combat ISN'T terrible, I mean it's definitely bad but the registry is pretty good. The attack delay is shite though and 30 damage for a musket bash? Should be like 3 damage. Overall out of all the NW clones, it it by far the best in terms of combat.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2023, 03:43:42 pm »

Will you read my message on the other page, my dear?

We do, we do.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2023, 06:04:37 pm »
I really like this, keep it up! Don't listen to the haters.

Love.

King Regards Achilles

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2023, 08:05:31 pm »
The melee is ass (shoves op, don't like animations, damage values and glances need to be tweaked), the UI is ass (still see vlandia and sturgia stuff, maps still have the weird ass names and the musket looks like a spear at the bottom right), the shooting is ass (has the weakest/least bassiest sound compared to other games imo, can see bullet and cant break reload at a certain point within it) but the main difference for me between S&M and a game like BCoF or Holdfast is that regimental gameplay feels more like NW than any of the other games. Compared to Bannerlord native I also prefer S&M over it so we will whats to come

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2023, 08:32:59 pm »
The melee is ass (shoves op, don't like animations, damage values and glances need to be tweaked), the UI is ass (still see vlandia and sturgia stuff, maps still have the weird ass names and the musket looks like a spear at the bottom right), the shooting is ass (has the weakest/least bassiest sound compared to other games imo, can see bullet and cant break reload at a certain point within it)
most constructive nw player
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Skaen

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2023, 03:30:29 pm »
The melee is ass (shoves op, don't like animations, damage values and glances need to be tweaked), the UI is ass (still see vlandia and sturgia stuff, maps still have the weird ass names and the musket looks like a spear at the bottom right), the shooting is ass (has the weakest/least bassiest sound compared to other games imo, can see bullet and cant break reload at a certain point within it) but the main difference for me between S&M and a game like BCoF or Holdfast is that regimental gameplay feels more like NW than any of the other games. Compared to Bannerlord native I also prefer S&M over it so we will whats to come
I can help with the musket sounds if they would let me. Got some pretty good ones from some NTW and ETW mods. Sound pretty realistic too if I'm not mistaken.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2023, 03:40:13 pm »

BCoF from my experience was the closest game to the NW melee. It had chambering, the hit boxes were somewhat right, and the movement/animations are pretty similar.

Lets give them more time to iron out the flaws/issues in the game before they focus on the melee aspect. I rather play a good working mod with bad melee than a barely functional mod with good melee.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2023, 05:11:22 pm »
I feel very sorry for our friends who think that we will still use the existing Animation, Shooting mechanics, bayonet mechanics for S&M.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2023, 05:24:52 pm »
Why change what’s already good tho I don’t get it lmfao

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2023, 07:41:31 pm »
then why listen to those who still cling on warband?
Thats the point we tried to explain.

Having former reg reps, melee players etc. test the systems is fine because they are the ones that have been keeping the NW scene alive and should be involved, but not the focus of development no.

This is almost exactly the TW mindset that led to a dead Native multiplayer, kept alive only by a cadre of mediocre Warband players who enjoyed being good at a much simpler game. Mods are now populating BL's MP and it has more life to it, but for a couple of years it was a graveyard outside of organised events. The 32k number is irrelevant because over 31k of that number are in singleplayer. If you want some proper maths on that you can see my posts here and here. The focus should be on replicating Warband, and in this case NW's, overwhelming success where there was no expectation of success. NW from 2019-2022 has been substantially more populated than BL's MP, so I don't really understand where you think the focus of development should be if not on the larger and more dedicated playerbase?

Does anyone know whether the current Bannerlord player-base is mostly made of former Warband players or does it mostly consist of players completely new to the game?
In MP most of them played Warband.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.