Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 26058 times)

yecgga

Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Q&A
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »
chriseh you clown

Offline Ewoksson

• Private
  • Napoleon Complex Psychologist
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2021, 10:27:52 pm »
I've been a little skeptic precisely due to a lack of an in-depth FAQ. The project proceeds great script and design-wise, but unfortunately it's left more to wish for on the community aspect. I don't know whether more information has been revealed in the Discord servers dynamic conversations and hidden in the history, but there are a few question I think everyone would benefit from knowing whether they are there, here or on TW forums.

1. Will the mod be made available free of charge?
2. Will the server files be made public free of charge?
3. Will you continue FSE:s non-intervention policy and leave all game rules/rule-breaking occurring up to server host/event admins/TW moderators?
4. Will there be general/officer classes enabling organized battles such as LB:s?
5. Will you allow further modification of the server files/open-source the code? E.g. in order for server scripters to optimize BL admin tools for S&M, and external plug-ins for tournaments?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:37:36 pm by Ewoksson »
Do you feel self-destructive or cynical towards the game/community in which you belong? Feel the need to frequently chime in with clever insults and belittle others in order to feel better or superior?
I can properly diagnose you with the Napoleon Complex by rooting out the causes. Common ones are; having a small pee-pee and being weak irl. My services are free of charge!

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2021, 10:45:04 pm »
Speculation is fine, I did the same before I was convinced to join the project.

I agree with you on the FAQ side, which is why I created this form: https://forms.gle/qB1J8pioipL24dm4A

From the first dev blog which is coming incredibly soon as we have said on both forums, we will be including a full FAQ section to answer a lot of these questions. Which will then be in a permenantly viewable place.

I won't give a date for this first dev blog as this is for the project managers as of course, that's for them to say not me. But it is just round the corner.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2021, 01:55:29 pm »
Any progress updates

Very soon. Between 15-18 January.

The new updates published by Taleworlds delayed our work. Although we targeted the date we wanted, we did not want to publish it, we will be delivering the crops from the bakery to you very soon.

Thank you for choosing UPS cargo.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2021, 04:33:53 pm »
Any progress updates

Very soon. Between 15-18 January.

The new updates published by Taleworlds delayed our work. Although we targeted the date we wanted, we did not want to publish it, we will be delivering the crops from the bakery to you very soon.

Thank you for choosing UPS cargo.
The 🐐🔥🔥🔥

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2021, 11:41:01 am »
Should be able to give you the delayed update from January as well as the extra work that has been done since the delay of this update very soon if everything goes to plan.

On a side note;

'I am the voice actors leader of the Swords & Musket Bannerlord project and I'm writing this thread because, since we're approaching the final stages of the main developing, we need now to focus on the sound side of the project. In fact we need voice actors, both men and women with great desire of making part of this group. If you are interested in joining our team, please consider compiling the following form...'

This was posted on TW by the lead voice actor and you can apply if you are interested. Of course feel free to share this to anyone you think might be interested - Thread | Application Form

It's worth noting if you've not already joined the Discord there are more frequent updates generally on there as well as other points of discussion between both the community and the team so if you're interested in the progress it's definitely worth joining up there and keeping an eye on it. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:53:58 am by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2021, 02:37:32 pm »
Gonna voice all the highlander units 8)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2021, 11:00:38 am »
@voluble do it, British battle cry - YOU WANNA FOKIN GO CUNT
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2021, 11:07:38 pm »

Come to the Discord mate :)

Online 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:56 am »
This is a real step down from your listerine gig :'(
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2021, 09:01:59 am »
This is a real step down from your listerine gig :'(
Spoiler

[close]
Money's been tight ever since the shrek cheques dried up  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2021, 03:06:15 am »
How is the melee??
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2021, 07:47:19 pm »
Hello,

Sword & Musket Developer Blog 1.0.2, in this blog we wanted to show you what we did in last 7 months. We made uniforms and flags of these regiments: 45e Infanterie Regiment De Ligne and 35th (Royal Sussex) Regiment of Foot including all the Private, Sergeant and Officer ranks of them.

In the past 7 months, we managed to play sounds, animations and various maps to show up in future. We made tons of props (around 140, maybe more). The reason behind the set-backs was mostly the problems that came suddenly when we were going to do something. Sounds were a perfect example for that. In time, thanks communication with TaleWorlds, and their help in many ways made us here. The map of hougoumont will provide you many aspects of what we are going to do in next blogs. If you'd ask about our real expectation, I'd say our real expectation is custom servers. If an opportunity to open custom servers would be given to modding community, the playerbase will grow immediately from where it stands. We know that there are limitations about those stuffs. But modding is what made this game funny in most.  ;)

Feel free to make productive criticisms about the video and ask whatever you wanted about this mod.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2021, 08:31:36 pm »
Finally the blog is out which is great. By the way I just noticed on my 2nd watch that you actually added the S&M book to the Officers desk @2:58 xD Nice touch!

I know we talked about this before Shepherd but for transparency for the community, the custom servers worry me. Looking at the servers that have been provided for Bannerlord events to run I am definitely concerned with their performance etc. but we will need to wait and see the final product that is given to server hosts and communities and see how that goes.