Author Topic: 21st Election - Oct-Dec Candidates and Discussion  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
21st Election - Oct-Dec Candidates and Discussion
« on: October 09, 2020, 12:33:33 am »
I will give this till 12 am central US on the 12th before I lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.

Troll apps will not be added, and you must answer all of the questions in the app. Consider this your warning.  I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well.  Check the stickied threads for help.

Code
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]EU or NA?:[/b]
[b]Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?:[/b]
[b]Why should you become CR?:[/b]
[b]What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?[/b]

NA
Leaf
Spoiler
Name: Leaf
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I go to every NW event and im a offical admin that helps the Community when in need
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I will help comment on all Mod Boards and give them my feedback for the game.
[close]

TheJollyCanadian
Spoiler
Name: TheJollyCanadian
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I have been CR four terms already, and I am the current NA CR. I believe I've done a good job at supporting and informing the community and I will continue to do as much. I am currently hosting a shortened 1v1 leauge in a different format to encourage smaller & non comp regiments to join which it did with moderate success.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Help maintain the community where I can(continue to support & encourage event hosters). Supporting and participating in competitive and casual events, and support those who attempt to host.
[close]

Lady Moraine
Spoiler
Name: Lady Moraine
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: My belief is the CR should be the helper of the community, help events, help new ideas prosper and keeping the status quo.  If I am elected CR I would support the current event hosters in Casual as well as supporting new and the still on going competitive events.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
I will commit to helping event hosters casual and compeitive anyway I can, either admining or giving general advice with rules, or keeping down the drama and unnecessary cancer that sometimes plagues our community. I will also commit to help regulating the forums and helping out people anyway possible. I know I may be a controversial person but I regard that in the past, I have given this game a lot of time and want to see it go on as long as it can.

Thank you for reading have a nice day.
[close]
EU

John Price
Spoiler
Name: John Price
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: I do.
Why should you become CR?: As one of the longest standing members of the EU NW community, I feel as though it is my heartfelt obligation to the entire NW community to make FSE great again.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Although I have not been CR before, I am dedicated to improving the standing of EU NW tournaments and leagues. With a planned restart of EIC for December-January. I would also like to get a group of EU (for now at least) leaders into some sort of comittee so to avoid oversaturation of the EU Regimental Tournament schedule as at the moment, there is a high risk of burnout which our community does not need.

Any enquiries into my application can please be made out to my Campaign team:

Vice CR Candidate: Hunter
Campaign Manager / Secretary: Midnight
Campaign Marketing Manager: Knightmare
[close]

Scottish Unicorn
Spoiler
Name: Scottish Unicorn

Why should you become CR?:

Although I've never been a CR before, I've done similar roles in different communities and as such I believe I have the experience necessary to represent the community that (for the most part) I enjoy being a part of. To me, the CR isn't a captain of the ship barking orders, it’s the helmsman. He is there to guide the boat through the water, no matter how risky or choppy it may be. This is what I would be, someone who steers the community towards the right place but doesn't take over and make it about them. It’s not for the benefit of me, but NW.

Being in the 92nd, I've interacted with other regimental leaders when I've been administrating and running 2 successful line battles a week. Through these events I've been supporting, although a small number compared to the larger community, numerous regiments in the event whether it be contacting them to gauge interest, negotiating specials or even smoothing over conflict. These are all transferable skills that would easily transfer over to the CR role and would only add to my forte.

Although competitive events are arguably the most popular, with NWBC hitting 1500 unique sign-ups, we run the risk of a burnout in not only the player base but also regiments if there are too many regimental tournaments. I would guide regimental leaders towards an agreed tournament calendar which would allow these regimental tournaments to be as hugely successful as they currently are without a burn out. Note the word guide, this wouldn't be me making demands or expecting me to be the loudest voice in the room, more an open discussion where everyone from any regiment would be welcome to the discussion and make their point. Each person's point would not only be accepted, but respected and valued. This would have a knock on effect on casual events where they would be able to take off and flourish breathing life back into the casual scene not it becoming filler until the next competitive event.

To be optimistic, I would pursue trying to stamp out some of the more extreme versions of toxicity. I don't mean "ha-ha you came third" or "my regiment better than your regiment". This is competitive talk. I mean toxicity in regards to racism. I know that for the most part on the forums, racism isn't tolerated. However, on servers and in actual events it’s a different world. I know that in order to completely eradicate it, there would need to be a complete overhaul of the whole community. I'm not promising this. What I mean is that players who are known to use slurs such as the N-word should not be welcome in our community. The default answer shouldn't be "Its NW, it’s always going to be like this".

Generally, I would aim to be someone who can be supportive at all times to everyone across the board. Somebody that may not have the answers to all the questions but can guide you towards someone with the correct expertise as I believe a CR should do, support the community. Whether it’s trying to get a new tournament off the ground, a new event or somebody needs a little bit of guidance; I would strive to support them. Again, generally, I would obviously try to be the first port of call for any issues in the forums and be that middle ground between the community and the Mod team. Some may see this application and think "who is this new-gen trying to tell me what to do?" Admittedly, I've not been in the community for the longest amount of time. However, I would argue that this is strength. With 99.9% of this community, I have only interacted with in a positive manner meaning that I wouldn't be bringing any bias, whether known or unknown, and each person and regiment would ever only be treated kindly and fairly.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:12:47 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 21st Election - Oct-Dec Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:42:37 am »
Good luck to those who run!

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 02:41:29 am »
Name: Leaf
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I go to every NW event and im a offical admin that helps the Community when in need
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I will help comment on all Mod Boards and give them my feedback for the game. In the works of hosting a Cav 2v2 Tournament for the Community
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:43:51 am by Henry Rom »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 04:30:08 am »
sub post just in case i forget

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 05:18:46 am »
Why should you become CR?: My belief is the CR should be the helper of the community, help events, help new ideas prosper and keeping the status quo.  If I am elected CR I would support the current event hosters in Casual as well as supporting new and the still on going competitive events.
I will commit to helping event hosters casual and compeitive anyway I can, either admining or giving general advice with rules, or keeping down the drama and unnecessary cancer that sometimes plagues our community. I will also commit to help regulating the forums and helping out people anyway possible. I know I may be a controversial person but I regard that in the past, I have given this game a lot of time and want to see it go on as long as it can.

Thank you for reading have a nice day. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:49:46 am by Forgotfulking »

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 05:30:28 am »
FSE seizing control from the people once again
Also Leaf has my vote
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 06:44:28 am »
Name: TheJollyCanadian
Why should you become CR?: I have been CR four terms already, and I am the current NA CR. I believe I've done a good job at supporting and informing the community and I will continue to do as much. I am currently hosting a shortened 1v1 leauge in a different format to encourage smaller & non comp regiments to join which it did with moderate success.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Help maintain the community where I can(continue to support & encourage event hosters). Supporting and participating in competitive and casual events, and support those who attempt to host.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 09:54:55 am »
EU or NA?: NA but I also play in EU

If no EU's sign up again I don't think it'd be an issue you taking both roles.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 10:41:30 am »

Don't worry I shall run in the EU if need be
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 01:52:12 pm »

combined CR about to become a superpower

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 07:02:02 pm »

cant run for both.   Select whatever region you are most active in unless you are very active in both, then select either one. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 07:10:52 pm »

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 07:13:47 pm »
Fwuffy permanent EU rep insane
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 07:53:46 pm »
Name: John Price
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: I do.
Why should you become CR?: As one of the longest standing members of the EU NW community, I feel as though it is my heartfelt obligation to the entire NW community to make FSE great again.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Although I have not been CR before, I am dedicated to improving the standing of EU NW tournaments and leagues. With a planned restart of EIC for December-January. I would also like to get a group of EU (for now at least) leaders into some sort of comittee so to avoid oversaturation of the EU Regimental Tournament schedule as at the moment, there is a high risk of burnout which our community does not need.

Any enquiries into my application can please be made out to my Campaign team:

Vice CR Candidate: Hunter
Campaign Manager / Secretary: Midnight
Campaign Marketing Manager: Knightmare
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »
Fuck
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.