Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 31861 times)

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #345 on: October 05, 2020, 02:53:04 pm »
It's ciiges' fault, if he hadn't been eating he could've ended the match in 30 minutes
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2020, 03:21:33 pm »
Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers)

Are you sure? Please explain why the cuirassiers have the disadvantage when there are many guys on the battlefield. My experience always told me that it's harder to break the cuirassier formation when there are more cuirassiers.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2020, 04:06:07 pm »
Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers)

Are you sure? Please explain why the cuirassiers have the disadvantage when there are many guys on the battlefield. My experience always told me that it's harder to break the cuirassier formation when there are more cuirassiers.
exactly this.

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2020, 04:26:51 pm »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:52:37 pm by Tardet »

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »

Offline TxM

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2020, 07:33:32 pm »

exactly this.

Just isnt the DCL!

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2020, 07:43:58 pm »
After this match I would like to add something.
I don't see any rules in tournament for avoiding combat, delaying etc. and there's no end effect due to timeout of the round. I ask admins to take it into account and possibly fix it or add the rules assiociated with this.
During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack. Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers) resulted that hussars vs heavies matches are much longer than ever. And about 15+ rule, it is definitely not easy to keep the minimum number players around 11pm after more than 3 hours of playing, when most people have to get up early and go to school or work the next day.
I think that kind of matches that hardly anyone enjoy and force people to make private sacrifices are not worth the tournament unless you are 100% pro gamers or tryhards.

Anyway, gg 4e there were some close rounds but it's well deserved win. Good luck in the rest of competition.

stfu already you *Snip*
most of the time it litteraly takes 3 swings to kill a heavy, 2 to kill his horse, while you get OS as a hussar (player or horse if not both), means you gotta play extra careful while you guys can still play stupidly and not get punished until the third time

you be like "HeaviEs NoT OP HUh LeArN thE GaMe AlrAEDy"
just send them back to tropical paradise so they think they're actually decent

idiot

anyway sorry for the salt, good luck to everyone and blabla (except heavies dont@me)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:55:15 pm by Lightning. »
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Termito

• First Lieutenant
  • KRH | 92nd | 1ยบ Reg Mexican member
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Termito
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2020, 01:55:21 pm »
After this match I would like to add something.
I don't see any rules in tournament for avoiding combat, delaying etc. and there's no end effect due to timeout of the round. I ask admins to take it into account and possibly fix it or add the rules assiociated with this.
During the match, there were situations in which the hussars didn't even attempt to attack. Combining it with a lot of players from both sides (what is disadvantage for cuirassiers) resulted that hussars vs heavies matches are much longer than ever. And about 15+ rule, it is definitely not easy to keep the minimum number players around 11pm after more than 3 hours of playing, when most people have to get up early and go to school or work the next day.
I think that kind of matches that hardly anyone enjoy and force people to make private sacrifices are not worth the tournament unless you are 100% pro gamers or tryhards.

Anyway, gg 4e there were some close rounds but it's well deserved win. Good luck in the rest of competition.

stfu already you *Snip*
most of the time it litteraly takes 3 swings to kill a heavy, 2 to kill his horse, while you get OS as a hussar (player or horse if not both), means you gotta play extra careful while you guys can still play stupidly and not get punished until the third time

you be like "HeaviEs NoT OP HUh LeArN thE GaMe AlrAEDy"
just send them back to tropical paradise so they think they're actually decent

idiot

anyway sorry for the salt, good luck to everyone and blabla (except heavies dont@me)
Harford being a friendly player like he normally does.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:03:58 pm by Termito »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2020, 04:47:08 pm »
I don't want to revive that silly debate but I also think Harford's message leaves a rather unnecessary negativity/saltiness about the whole situation so just to bring some perspective from someone who played that 3h match (and also answers to Atlatan in a more constructive way):

- That encounter was not enjoyable for anybody. On the 4e's side, we kept our spirit high because we were in the driver's seat for most of the match but we would have certainly been less joyful if we had been in the CB's boots. It's easy to blame your opponent for making the game 'boring' & 'long' but it's simply gonna be what happens when both sides (heavies and hussars) feel they have a shot at winning and have a highly competitive spirit.

- That one hour round sums-up everything wrong about trying to force competitions where both classes can play against each other.  And although you can hardly blame the dismounted heavies, it's not fair to try and paint the way Skittles played as wrong. Because heavies and hussars are what they are, you have no choice but to take your time and because it was the first round, no team wanted to give it up in the slightest because we both knew how important it was. Trying to come up with 'rules' to prevent that or impact a certain playstyle, is only going to heavily advantage one class or the other and if you guys don't see that, then your bias towards your class heavily impacts your judgement.

- The heavy / hussar opposition is a debate that will never be solved. There are two simple solutions: 1) You allow heavies to partake in tournaments and accept that every hussar regiments is likely to have 1/2 unreasonably long matches. 2) You ban heavies from the competition you host and effectively prevent 50/60+ competitive and active players to partake in your event. The first solution effectively infuriates some people when they play these matches but it doesn't damage the competition as a whole. When the heavies have an extremely skilled team like the DCL, 1eRC or 14pk, they can win the tournament, when they don't, they still remain a powerful force to go against. So it still is a matter of 'skill' at the end of the day. The second solution may please more people from the hussars' community but it still prevents a large portion of our scene to play the game the way they love it and although I absolutely loved the hussar cup Lindblom hosted in the past, I understand why it wouldn't be a good thing for every cavalry tournaments to be that way.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Board Moderator
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2020, 06:53:53 pm »
if tardet doesn't type a thousand word essay per day he dies
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2020, 06:58:32 pm »
thats why i wrote my thing in the first place, baiting tardet in order to get his attention, cant believe i waited so long, i nearly gave up
now i shall propose tardet with a ring

will you marry me
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2020, 07:20:23 pm »
Yes
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2020, 10:18:59 pm »
gg CB.

Kinda weak that we didn't even hit 3 hours though

Offline Twinkiee

• Second Lieutenant
  • 8th_Huss_Cdt_*~Twinkiee~*
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2020, 01:00:59 am »
thats why i wrote my thing in the first place, baiting tardet in order to get his attention, cant believe i waited so long, i nearly gave up
now i shall propose tardet with a ring

will you marry me
gotta love Harford

20:07:54 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:07:55 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:07:56 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:07:59 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:07:59 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:08:00 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg
20:08:00 - [IVe_7e_Huss_CvlVt_Harford] gg