Author Topic: Report Results (Referees Duty)  (Read 7386 times)

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Report Results (Referees Duty)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 11:23:16 pm »
Match: Nr.4 Husaren-Regiment vs 1er Régiment de Hussards
Result: 6-4 - 1er Régiment de Hussards  win
Rulebreaks: (Yes/No - Expand if there is any rulebreak) None
Screenshot:
Spoiler
[close]
Additional Comments: It has being said that general chat should only be for officers, I would like to remind this. I would also like to remind to be 100% sure when saying ready before the round starts. Apart from that a really big match that I hope both regiments had fun playing.

Unfortunately, it was proven that FeeZy was using the HP modification in-game. The rules are clear on this, FeeZy will be Perm banned from the tournament, the 1er keep the 3 points.

Evidence
Spoiler
[close]

§ 2 Cheating
3) If a player is found to have cheated in any of these ways during a match then that player's regiments will forfeit the match.
??

Offline Rapez

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_OLt_Rapez | 15thyrpteraps
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 11:51:49 pm »

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 11:54:57 pm »
Nr4 in shambles

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 12:03:10 am »
it seems to have been a close match. Well done to both teams though

by the way, you will understand that this punishment is inappropriate and that giving you the 3 points doesn't make any sense at all. since this cheat doesn't change the outcome of the match in any way. Even if that were the case, I think that all the responsibility lies with the player for me.

In any case, this rule is controversial and is currently being debated.

Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 08:55:22 am »
Why did you make the rules this way if you dont intend to use them after an incident? I understand if you think they are to harsh but everyone knew about the rules for some time now. Even if they are changed after this match, it should be handled according to the current rules (which you did before the post got edited).

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 09:42:08 am »
it seems to have been a close match. Well done to both teams though

by the way, you will understand that this punishment is inappropriate and that giving you the 3 points doesn't make any sense at all. since this cheat doesn't change the outcome of the match in any way. Even if that were the case, I think that all the responsibility lies with the player for me.

In any case, this rule is controversial and is currently being debated.
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Board Moderator
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:54 am »

by the way, you will understand that this punishment is inappropriate and that giving you the 3 points doesn't make any sense at all. since this cheat doesn't change the outcome of the match in any way.

But it does though. One single player put in better playing conditions than others due to cheating can impact several rounds, and hence the whole game. Not even mentioning that he can share intelligence with the rest of his team ("this guy has low hp, you should focus on him" etc). It might be one player but the impact is there. Denying it completely and not taking it into account in our judgment would be a mistake imo.

Hence my suggestion of round removal instead of direct forfeiting
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 10:14:56 am »
Spoiler

by the way, you will understand that this punishment is inappropriate and that giving you the 3 points doesn't make any sense at all. since this cheat doesn't change the outcome of the match in any way.

But it does though. One single player put in better playing conditions than others due to cheating can impact several rounds, and hence the whole game. Not even mentioning that he can share intelligence with the rest of his team ("this guy has low hp, you should focus on him" etc). It might be one player but the impact is there. Denying it completely and not taking it into account in our judgment would be a mistake imo.

[close]

No more than that since we can see the blood on our opponent and we can deduce so if he is low hp. I'm not saying that it doesn't give an advantage but it is not enough to win rounds if it is only used by a ranker who is not used to talking too much on teamspeak. It's not as if Feezy was the deciding factor in this victory. I'm not saying that he didn't play a role (especially since he almost clutched the clutch, and I insist on the word "almost"...) but deciding a penalty against a team and especially other players who fought hard and who have nothing to reproach themselves for seems to me once again inappropriate and would be a serious handicap in the race for the title to the benefit of other teams.

So I suggest keeping the rule but changing the punishment. Let's only involve the real offender, in this case the cheater. Also, I like the idea of the screen taken by 3 players at random during a match as on native, it can be effective
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 10:25:45 am »
It is still a cheat. The rule was written in that way for a reason. No complaints about the rule before an accident occured but now the regiment should not be punished? Change the rule if you changed your mind about it but handle this situation according to the ones you had set beforehand.

Id favor Eriks idea as I think its an agreement between both.

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 10:36:36 am »
So far I too like the idea of filtering players using such modifications by an admin asking random players of both teams to send them an screen of their game.
It may not be the best way but it's something at least.
I would like for the administration to revise every rule as it would seem that all of this could have been prevented beforehand.
Finally, I too agree with Erik that a round removal seems to be the optimal solution, with the cheater being banned, and the team punished in a certain way.

Offline TxM

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:05 am »
After deep thought and consideration the 1er will be punished on the account of their players actions, honour compels me to do so as the rules are the rules and as head ref I must obey & up hold them. Although, the 1er won on the field the rules were indeed broken so Nr4 will take the 3 points. I expect all regiments and players to show respect and to behave like adults.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 12:11:41 pm »
honour compels me

There might have been a more subtle resolution, such as the one proposed by Tardet, but in the end how can you write and officially post rules for your tournament, then say: "woah, a situation for which this rule was made actually took place, who would have thought! Well then, let's just apply common sense and forget the rules, as they are clearly wacky!". Dura lex sed lex, if the league is an organized event and not some improvised mess then we are bound to proceed with the rules which were set out for us and which every regiment accepted when applying. Change them afterwards, if that is universally requested, but let it all happen in orderly fashion. Otherwise, we can't even call this thing a league, since there can be a league with faulty rules, but a league exposed to have none? Methinks nope.

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 01:41:27 pm »

What about nr4 using the same faces and some of their players are using autoblock ? And for the HP mod this mod is useful only if you are on spec. When you are playing, this mod is shit because you will suffer of fps drop, lack of performance etc

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 01:47:33 pm »

What about nr4 using the same faces and some of their players are using autoblock ? And for the HP mod this mod is useful only if you are on spec. When you are playing, this mod is shit because you will suffer of fps drop, lack of performance etc
How are some of them using autoblock?
As far as im concerned the admin team clearly stated that this mod is considered as cheating and thus not allowed.

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 01:57:48 pm »

How are some of them using autoblock?
As far as im concerned the admin team clearly stated that this mod is considered as cheating and thus not allowed.
I answer to Erik because he wrote the good point of the mod but he didnt write the bad point of the hp mod.