Author Topic: 3w3 Swordfighting Tournament - "Le Pitchovina" MK.VII [0/16] | Summer Edition II  (Read 16967 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
also how you wanna do the 5sec shooting rule. I imagine that as a nightmare for refs. they have to write some sort of stop in admin chat to make it clear for both teams, while there are also other arenas playing at the same time. pretty sure people will complain during the tournament about wheter it was 5sec or not if pistol makes a kill. and in 5sec you can literally walk into the face of the opponent and shoot so there should be a few pistol kills anyway

Most realistic implementation would be that they have to shoot after saying go and can only move out after 5 seconds, I'll need to think it through.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Ismar

• Corporal
  • Inconsistent idiot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: chokemar
- Team Captain: Obelix
- Team Name: GamingGamers
- Team Tag: Gamer
- Roster (include GUID)
Khani 492274
Obelix 60126
Ismar 653692
riki is so ceeewwwl

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
also how you wanna do the 5sec shooting rule. I imagine that as a nightmare for refs. they have to write some sort of stop in admin chat to make it clear for both teams, while there are also other arenas playing at the same time. pretty sure people will complain during the tournament about wheter it was 5sec or not if pistol makes a kill. and in 5sec you can literally walk into the face of the opponent and shoot so there should be a few pistol kills anyway

Most realistic implementation would be that they have to shoot after saying go and can only move out after 5 seconds, I'll need to think it through.
Or just remove it altogether  8)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******

Or just remove it altogether  8)

no
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

David_Schrein

Gonna make a team w fwuffy. 2 native sword gods, is it allowed

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
The shooting rule will be the hard part to administrate really.

Also Fietta about banning all native players some of them like Gibby, LaPache, etc have been quite involved in our scene and many different tournaments for some time now so that would be pretty rude to them to do so.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
Gonna make a team w fwuffy. 2 native sword gods, is it allowed

way too stacked ;)
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888

Also Fietta about banning all native players some of them like Gibby, LaPache, etc have been quite involved in our scene and many different tournaments for some time now so that would be pretty rude to them to do so.

I wasn't advocating the banning of Native players. I was just making a point that if the tournamment was for fun, banning native players would be a good option, but instead we should create a new, fair way to make it actually fun for other teams that aren't top 3. The native point was made to strengthen change and to show that the 'fun' argument was flawed. Im a traditionalist, but there comes a point where traditionalism is bad if it the idea is flawed, so we make a new tradition which sets a healthy more refined precedent for future leagues/tournaments/events.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:23:53 pm by trot888 »

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile

I wasn't advocating the banning of Native players. I was just making a point that if the tournamment was for fun, banning native players would be a good option, but instead we should create a new, fair way to make it actually fun for other teams that aren't top 3. The native point was made to strengthen change and to show that the 'fun' argument was flawed. Im a traditionalist, but there comes a point where traditionalism is bad if it sucks, so we make a new tradition which sets a healthy more refined precedent for other leagues.
This isn't native not every tournament is a league in most cases they are one day events and sword ones come around pretty rarely aside from bayonet and sword ones. I personally don't see an issue with the way it is now, all players can take part and the teams are balanced to some extent.

I mean to add to that at the end of the day only some tournaments have had this rule in place, not all and if you don't want to take part because of it then that's down to the host so don't I guess (I'm not the host).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:25:47 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888

I wasn't advocating the banning of Native players. I was just making a point that if the tournamment was for fun, banning native players would be a good option, but instead we should create a new, fair way to make it actually fun for other teams that aren't top 3. The native point was made to strengthen change and to show that the 'fun' argument was flawed. Im a traditionalist, but there comes a point where traditionalism is bad if it sucks, so we make a new tradition which sets a healthy more refined precedent for other leagues.
This isn't native not every tournament is a league in most cases they are one day events and sword ones come around pretty rarely aside from bayonet and sword ones. I personally don't see an issue with the way it is now, all players can take part and the teams are balanced to some extent.

I mean to add to that at the end of the day only some tournaments have had this rule in place, not all and if you don't want to take part because of it then that's down to the host so don't I guess (I'm not the host).

Right, not all Native tournaments are leagues either, I edited my post because clearly it's all about nit picking points (which aren't really the point of the post). All players can't take part because you're limiting one side and not the other, and don't tell me 'balanced', that's a complete joke - unless you mean the top 2/3 teams that took the only good active native group fighting/duellists there are, then yes you're completely right.

So you're advocating the bunning off of fair ideas which develop upon the current flawed system to make it better, and you final argument is 'if you don't like it, then don't play in it', which isn't what I've said at any point in time, and constructive criticism should be welcome in any tournament for future precedents. If you actually would like to provide a decent point, then go ahead, but if you're coming out with some nonsensical garbage to suit your team, then I don't want to hear it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:31:11 pm by trot888 »

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't see it as any more or less fair than a standard tournament for most teams no, the better nw players tend to get paired up with the better native players its natural just like in a 5v5 with 1 sword, this is no different apart from two of the NW players also have a sword. It is no more or less balanced than any other tournament.

With your suggestion 'If you want it to be 'fair' so you can't just run 2 Native players all the time, you can make the format more complicated:

One round you can choose whatever you like, so 2 Native and 1 NW or 2 NW and 1 Native, however, the next round you're forced to do the opposite, so let's say you ran 2 NW and 1 Native in the first round, then the next round you're forced to do 2 Native and 1 NW etc. That way you'll have to manage your team so that every member gets fair play but also makes the tournament fair with some risk & reward.'

This is harder to administrate and relies more on referees which as proven in NW most are completely incapable of reffing normally let alone with paying attention to this and remembering to administrate it. I also don't see how this is any more or less fair because it could be the same thing that 3 native friends want to play together with 1 NW guy but then they can't so you still limit players so in reality your more complicated format ends up lying out the exact same issue at a certain point.

It's not the fact that people might not play rounds if they pair themselves with lots of native players that is the issue, that's their own dumb choice just as joining an NW team where you are worse than all the players will lead you to being benched its more around the fact that the NW players that are 'okay' or 'decent' with a sword by our standards cannot face a native player with 3000+ hours in that mod and expect to do anything decent where as with 2 NW players those NW players are then given a chance to actually have an impact rather than just S key and block.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:35:14 pm by Herishey »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
3v3 bayonet go

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
PadawaN signed up despite knowing there was a rule not allowing his team to participate, or maybe he didn't read the rules which is idiotic.
Seems like the majority of people can agree on who's a native/nw player so that's not an issue.
Having this balance rule seems like a good compromise.
If PadawaN hadn't signed up with that team would there even have been a discussion?

What I take from this is that this discussion is pointless and the rule should stand.
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
fralla the hero fse needs but doesn't deserve

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
fralla the hero fse needs but doesn't deserve
i dont need fralla at all actually