Author Topic: [RGL7] Congratulations & Thanks You  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
[RGL7] Congratulations & Thanks You
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

Welcome on the conclusion thread for this seventh season of the Regimental Groupfighting League. During more than two months, twenty regiments spread across two leagues have been battling each others for a chance to claim that sought-after trophy. Today, after having been gifted last week with one of the most amazing RGL decider match ever played, we have now a clear top 3 established in each of the two RGL divisions. There are quite a few people I would like to thank, as the RGL wouldn't have happened without them, but as traditions commands it, lets congratulate our winners first:

There is no denying that you guys were the heavy favorite coming into this edition of the RGL. But it’s one thing to have an amazing reputation, and another to be consistently able to hold on to it. If there was anyone left in this community willing to doubt your supremacy on the regimental scene, this new title might very well serve as the ultimate reminder that you can never count the 15thYR out, no matter the situation. The amazing comeback you were able to achieve - against all odds - in your final and deciding match for the title probably stands as the best example for that. It is also a testimony that a group sharing values such as dedication, loyalty and an iron will to succeed together will always be the most dangerous recipe in a competitive atmosphere. In the years to come, may you reflect on what you achieved with pride and happiness, because what you have created might very well go down as of the most unique legacy ever witnessed in competitive warband. Enjoy your trophy champs. I can’t think of a group which deserve it more than you do.

As we saw the 92nd develops its interest for competitive matters throughout the years, we got the chance to witness its grenadier company transform from a group with a solid potential, to a real title contender roster. Such strength was demonstrated in several recent events, most notably the RGT and the 2v2 LB, but eventually same as what happened in these competition, your victory in this RGL wasn’t meant to be just yet. I know that this result will always remain filled with a certain disappointment, as your group involved a lot of resources, time and effort into this edition but coming second only to one of the greatest regiment to have ever existed on NW is nothing to be ashamed about. You crushed every other opposition coming your way, and got the closest possible to your goal in a match which will go down as one of the greatest decider ever played. We know rebuilding won’t be easy, with new active and attractive regiments often forming around the ending of competitions, but with those who decided to stay loyal to your colors, we can only wish you to improve and come back stronger. Heads-up highlanders. You fought one hell of a fight, now enjoy a well-earned rest.

At the start of the competition, many considered Division A to be a three horses race, and for most of its duration, a three horses race it remained. For a while however, it remained unclear as for who would stand at the top by the end of the competition yet at all time, you guys assumed your statut of favorite while staying true to the very principles which lead to the creation of the 18th. On top of the indisputable quality and experience of your players, you also showed an impressive resilience as a group, such as demonstrated against the 92nd or the 14e, and this gave us some amazing encounters filled with impressive display of brute skills and clutch moments. The RGL has always been about putting these group of talented meleers on the spotlight and for that reason, we were extremely glad to count on you for this edition as we knew you would make for one hell of a show. You certainly didn’t disappoint and despite not being able to grab one of the two first spots, you performance is still worthy of all the praises. If this was to be the last event of the 18th, we hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we did having you. Best of luck to your group moving forward!

Congratulations also to the 33rd Regiment of Foot for winning Division B, and the Kaiserliches Heer | Infanterie-Regiment Nr.59 & 98° Reggimento di Parma for ranking second and third respectively.

First of all, I'd like to give a huge thank you to Rommel, Phoenix, the AMAZING Cazasar and Hunter. The RGL is their baby, and it has always been and will always remain that way. For that reason, entrusting us with the task of carrying such a huge legacy filled Shadey and I with both pride and a huge sense of responsibility. I hope we made the name proud.

Next-up, thanks to the amazing admin team who contributed to making this tournament happen. Thanks to Fwuffy, who despite discret on the forums, has always been a precious help behind the scenes, with wise advices when required. He was key in helping to schedule the most important match of the RGL and I can't thank him enough for that. A big thanks to Crusher who helped us with many administrative task at the beginning, and Hunter - who stepped in to make-up for my lack of time & motivation during the second half of the competition. 

And obviously, as he deserve his own paragraph for that, a huge thank you to Shadey, who is the main actor responsible for making this RGL7 the successful event it was. He was key in helping me setting-up the foundations of this season, did all the graphics you saw on the sub-forum, handled most of the weekly forum updates, took care of server management and spend hours of his time settling disputes or simply helping regiment leaders to organize their matches, when he was not simply referring official encounters. When I had a drop of motivation mid-way, he took all the pressure as a host on his shoulders and doubled his efforts to make sure you guys were having the best experience possible. I often praise Hekko and Evanovic for having set-up a standard in competitive hosting which has never really matched ever since but I feel it's safe to say Shadey entirely deserve the same level of recognition. I hope to be speaking for the entire community when I say we are grateful for what you have done for us.

Thank you also to the huge referee team we had for this event and who took hours from their free time to make sure most of you had an enjoyable competition. Thank you: Kore, Steinman, DarkTemplar, Rikkert, NickCole (best NA ref), MarxeiL, Stockholm, Irish, Golden, Movement, MightyPain, Saphyro, Frittentime, Nock, Spooky, Elsse, Vegi, Shepherd & Phoenix.

Thank you to our two main server providers. Lindblom, who continues to provide quality servers for NW competitions and took care of most of the RGL servers and Presidente (19th) who landed us two very good Strasbourg servers for the entire duration of the RGL. On the same note, thanks to Wüstenkrieger who provided the amazing scripts for this competition. The RGL could have never happened without people like you. From the bottom of our heart, thank you.

Thank you to all the people who recorded their own PoV or took from their free time to record other's people matches. A big thanks obviously to the grand-final casting crew, Maskman, Jerome & Snikkel for covering that amazing match live and giving us lovely memories to look back at in future years. More generally, thank you to everyone who contributed in promoting this tournament, one way or another.

Last but not least, thank you to all the regiments, leader & members, who took part in this season of the RGL. Despite not having been able to conduct all the projects we had for this edition, we hope you are as satisfied as we are (as tournament admins) about the way this season unfolded. It was pretty drama-free; which I'm glad for, but there was still a lot of tense and amazing matches across both divisions and I believe the spirit of the RGL was accurately represented during these 9 weeks.

We wish you some good vacations for those of you who won't be working this summer. Remember to stay safe, protect yourself and your loved ones and we hope to see you in September for some more regimental shenanigans.

Until then, that's it from us!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:31:25 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: [RGL7] Congratulations & Thanks You
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:16:26 pm »
And a big thanks to Elsse for the awards. (completely forgot)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:22:05 pm »
I would like to thank you and Shadey for giving this league another great season (perhaps even the last one). From an administration point of view I think this was the best RGL season we have seen so far and Im really happy that I trusted you both as you have shown that you are among the crème de la crème as organizers.

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 04:24:48 pm »
GG to all the regiments involved this year, with special thanks to the Nr13 (we the 15th love you long time) for stepping up a division when asked and playing with as many as they could.
Thanks to Tardet and Shadey along with all the refs for your hard work

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 04:26:32 pm »
Thanks Tardet, you never disappoint! GG All.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:13 pm »
Thanks Tardet, you never disappoint! GG All.

I do, but I have some amazing people to back me up when it happens. ;)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:22 pm »
Thanks for this season of RGL boys, it was great fun.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 04:28:42 pm »
gg guys that was a good one

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 04:30:23 pm »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Elsse

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 04:31:03 pm »
Thanks, it was an amazing competition and you deserve a lot of recognition since I know how you and Shadey worked hard in order to make it great!

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 04:34:46 pm »
Was the big fun once again, although

Spoiler
#NoRespectForDivisionB
[close]

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 04:38:27 pm »
Until we meet again boys.

Thank you all  :)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 04:45:35 pm »
gg no re boys

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 04:54:16 pm »
GG WP to all was a pleasure to cast and actually play for once!
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 04:55:09 pm »
GGwp to everyone, we really enjoyed those gf like the 26v26 against 15th (even tho we fucked up most matches  ::) ).
Big thank you to the orga and refs!

@Gi
GG to all the regiments involved this year, with special thanks to the Nr13 (we the 15th love you long time) for stepping up a division when asked and playing with as many as they could.
Kuss zurück :-*
[close]