Author Topic: ~Corrupt Admins in NW~  (Read 17917 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: ~Corrupt Admins in NW~
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2020, 01:45:27 am »
specialties are op?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2020, 02:52:35 am »
$10 is a deal
I think les used to have to pay more
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2020, 02:58:53 am »
damn i thought fse was dead and then the casual community rolls in and saves our attention spans
thank you for your service mr beef

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2020, 04:12:49 am »
we need the larger regiments to come together with all the smaller regiments, 90% of us can see that this is only going to end in the game failing, and people leaving. if you have any pride in your regiments at all, then we all need to come together, have a meeting, and fix it.

the reality is that this game has been so heavily factionalised that its split us.
think about it, why would the community come together when the events are so split and factioned?
"Shrooms Saturday event"
"Moraines Wednesday event"
We let individual people do this, when if we all put the effort in and came together it could be
"NW Community Monday-Sunday Event"

Btw my event is not called Shrooms Saturday Event or anything with my name and same with the server. And again I accept most ppl for admin regardless of reg for the most part excluding some.

Offline Watspoon

• Private
  • bugle boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2020, 04:41:55 am »
I know I'm a bit late to the party and people are probably done with it, but please allow me to say a few words!

I think what Sir Beef has to say is pretty valid. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, especially some admins, a couple of whom I am good friends with. I am not going to be shouting anyone out in particular as I genuinely don't exactly believe it is anyone's fault to begin with.

Also, I know a lot of you guys think of this as a joke, as some of us saw at the event today, but just put on your listening cap for a second and view the event from the point of view of just an average ranker at an event,

In terms of the admining, I have noticed that there are generally no admins in spectator. This eventually leads to bias by the admins in favor of their own regiment. That is just basic psychology and there is not much you can really do about that. This applies to everyone, myself included. When I help admin on Saturday's, as I am so focused on playing and watching my regiment compared to other regiments, I really only am looking at the people we may be in melee with or shooting at. If one of those guys breaks a rule, then I will hurry to slay them. If one of my guys does the exact same thing, I have definitely looked the other way once or twice before. This is just how we are as humans and we've all done it before, maybe not as an admin, but definitely in our own lives. I would just like each admin reading this to try and  look at what I've written and see if you've done it yourself. If you find you have, good, because hopefully this will help you become a better admin. Also, there are some teams that do seem a lot more stacked than the other. Considering the teams that are considered "stacked" are the ones with the most admins, I think that if you had the power to be on a good team, what team would you be on, the good one or the bad one. As an admin, I don't think this is intentional. It is slightly from the aforementioned basic psychological issues we have such as bias (again, I'm not blaming anyone at all, you're all goodmins c:). If there is one admin picking teams as well, I can't exactly argue that all the regiments on the good team are placing themselves on that team. However, if the admin is putting these regiments on their side, it can become a bit of a problem, even if you are not intentionally stacking your team. It's just how it is.

Essentially, I am not saying that every admin should resign, or that they're terrible. I just think that each admin should try to be a bit more wary of who they are slaying. If you see another guy in your regiment break a rule, try your best to slay them. I know they're probably your friend, but just doing this will likely lead to an event in which more people are content or happy. Also, if possible, we should try and have admins in spec that have a more unbias opinion of regiments, meaning that they are not just slaying regiments they don't like. Of course, being bias is something that is always going to play a role in admining, and I think that even the best admins in NW likely have some form of bias, but just do your best.

:)

Thank you very much!

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2020, 04:46:55 am »
There are very few people who actually want to be spec admins btw trust me I want more.

Offline Lord_Byron

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2020, 04:52:26 am »
an admin is a responsibility, if your an admin, you should be spectating the event.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2020, 04:56:33 am »
an admin is a responsibility, if your an admin, you should be spectating the event.
Count for me how many people would rather spectate than be in the battle itself

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2020, 05:02:22 am »
easy to say when you don’t have to consistently do it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Lord_Byron

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2020, 05:02:52 am »
i know if i was an admin id sit in spec and admin

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2020, 05:27:14 am »
i know if i was an admin id sit in spec and admin
time to start begging people for admin then. i think you can get it for like $50

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2020, 06:03:22 am »
a) Have more server hosts/variety of people having events on different days so we're not relying on same servers/same admins
b) Only people who are the admins of the event use admin powers - not some cunt who happens to have admin

I have event hosts set their own whitelists. The only person who has talked to me about a new event in the past six months or so was Bean, and he didn't follow up (I think he wanted me to take away somebody else's event, and I wouldn't do it). Every now and again, there's a clerical error, but pretty much everybody who has admin was deliberately whitelisted by the event host.

The fact that people rely on the same event hosts every night is more a consequence of there only being a couple of people who hate themselves enough to host than a consequence of every event but one using DaMonkey's box. I don't have an issue with other events using it.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2020, 06:14:41 am »
a) Have more server hosts/variety of people having events on different days so we're not relying on same servers/same admins
b) Only people who are the admins of the event use admin powers - not some cunt who happens to have admin

I have event hosts set their own whitelists. The only person who has talked to me about a new event in the past six months or so was Bean, and he didn't follow up (I think he wanted me to take away somebody else's event, and I wouldn't do it). Every now and again, there's a clerical error, but pretty much everybody who has admin was deliberately whitelisted by the event host.

The fact that people rely on the same event hosts every night is more a consequence of there only being a couple of people who hate themselves enough to host than a consequence of every event but one using DaMonkey's box. I don't have an issue with other events using it.

I also have a bunch of free servers both Warlance and QIG(Now USHosting) If anyone is interested as well
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2020, 06:23:33 am »
I personally think the quality of NA events is absolutely horrendous now. Servers are generally laggy, and have had issues. I am not as active in the Line Battle community as of recent years, but I can say how it is ran nowadays is absolutely scuffed, and boring to the brim. When I was running regiments that did Line Battles often I couldn't wait to get to the siege event in the week due to the lack of variety. Do I disagree with the matter of admins not necessarily doing there job correctly? yes, but it isn't always the admins fault. If you really want to fix the "Corrupt Admins" issue. Increase the quality of the events, and don't bicker about the quality of admins. I have gone through a few EU regiments and talked to some of the NA's that play there, and generally speaking they speak of how the NA community doesn't have variety, and events are stale, and often to much of something. I suggest having some Line only events more often, and try out a different type of gamemode. As of right now I see the events generally speaking all the same. A arty based and cav based event doesn't need to be the norm, and it would be better to conclude different types of events to get more types of groups involved. I know a good amount of the competitive community would love to play in Casual Line based events if they weren't always the same. A ton of the distaste the Competitive community has is the fact that they running on of the same type of event. You can always do 2v2s, 1v1s, 3v3s, Line only events, Naval, Conquest/Siege, Conquest. You can do anything with this game, but I don't think the issue is with "corrupt" admins. I just an increase in quality will resort in an increase in quality of just about everything.(note most of my insight is of my last occasion of really dedicating, I have no idea how events go now rather then just two or three I attend). Also note that if we do have a variety in eventing none of these events have a sustainable amount of regiments attending, unless its like siege. If people could gives some insight I would love to hear how people feel on this matter, or if they respectively disagree, or agree on what I have to say.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2020, 06:27:02 am »
To give a list of servers I have open.

5 100 slot (4 Warlance, 1 QIG(ushosting))
3 200 slot (2 Warlance, 1 QIG(ushosting))

I can arrange for more if needed!
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/