Author Topic: M. Tournaments | 5v5 with 2 swords | 1st. Tz0 | 2nd. Possy | 3rd. JediMasters  (Read 19167 times)

Offline charle_Lebrun

• Second Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Captain Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/1832685WP01/
Team Name + TAG: Boris_
Roster:
Player 1 | Charle Lebrun - GUID
Player 2 | RP name - GUID
Player 3 | PONPON4 - GUID
Player 4 | Helinke - GUID
Player 5 | RP name - GUID
Player 6 | RP name - GUID
Player 7 | RP name - GUID
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 01:24:41 pm by charle_Lebrun »

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
Team application: TBE

Captain Steam Link: you both have me
Team Name + TAG: TBE     TBE_MP

Roster:
Player 1 | RP name - GUID
Player 3 | RP name - GUID
Player 4 | RP name - GUID

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
LaPache has shown enough interest about NW to be considered a regular NW player, like the rest of us. Exact same scenario with Gibby who even though he remained an active member of the native community, played several gf tournaments with Mages (not sword ones), LBs and what not. Not to mention he financed the largest cash prizes on NW to date. From my perspective, you should only be considered a 'main' native player if your NW experience consists mostly of only attending the sword tournaments hosted every now and then whereas you attended most of the recent native competitions. In that regards, Maximou's case should be up to discussion (assuming he intends to participate) but I heard he also got involved in more than just sword tournaments.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
How are you gonna enforce who is "main" native players and who isn't

For me, for example, I haven't played native active since the last WNL. After that I mostly played NW.
But I will be declared a main native player anyway or not?

The rule is intended to stop teams from stacking 2 Native sword players, as it gives the NW teams with connections to Native players a big advantage over those that don't have such connections. Whether teams being able to field multiple Native sword players is actually bad thing or not is a different matter entirely.

In the context of this tournament you are counted as a Native player. If I don't count you as one, then by the same logic you could say I'm an NW player, or normanguy is, just because we have played more NW since the last WNL than Native. We both know that the primary reason for this is that there hasn't been a team tournament since the WNL, not because you have changed your main module.

LaPache has shown enough interest about NW to be considered a regular NW player, like the rest of us. Exact same scenario with Gibby who even though he remained an active member of the native community, played several gf tournaments with Mages (not sword ones), LBs and what not. Not to mention he financed the largest cash prizes on NW to date. From my perspective, you should only be considered a 'main' native player if your NW experience consists mostly of only attending the sword tournaments hosted every now and then whereas you attended most of the recent native competitions. In that regards, Maximou's case should be up to discussion (assuming he intends to participate) but I heard he also got involved in more than just sword tournaments.

It's definitely up for debate with a lot of players. It could be a better idea to abandon the Native player limitation entirely, as its only purpose really is to stop some teams from being too strong, but I suppose that would require a consensus that it's fine for teams to use whichever players they can get their hands on.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
I feel at the end of the day, it's a lot about whether or not a player is good and can turn the tides / make a team too strong more than 'what a certain player main module is'. People who have been playing two or three modules at the same time exist and just because they may have had a stronger inclination for a certain module at a given time doesn't mean they are not 'committed' to the other(s) module(s) they are playing. For instance, I am one, I have been involved within the native community for years, recently as a player too, but because I'm neither a good NW or Native player, it's not an issue what's considered to be my 'main' module, because would I play, my presence wouldn't make a team significantly stronger.

I fully understand why you are doing that though, I do not criticize the idea, rather I salute it cause I know it's here to make sure the tournament is 'fair' for everyone and not filled with native 'mercs'. So long as you either are very light on the rule (by considering people like you and Lapache are also full NW players at this point) or very strong (you, LP, Maxime and potential others are all primary native players and should be treated as such in this tournament), I reckon it should both work. But dealing with situations on a case per case may result in a lot of bias which I'm sure you want to avoid.

Either way, that was primarily an answer to LP, good luck to hosting this tournament Python & Marxeil and thanks to Gibby for assisting them.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
  • Side: Confederacy
native players more like naive players amirite!
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

David_Schrein

Rsv a spot for tz0 ty.

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
Rsv a spot for tz0 ty.
leave a proper app lazy nub
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
mmmmm, it doesnt make a massive difference but imo Lapache is as much an NW player as any other, attends all my events, tournies everything u name it. 

Kind of like tardet was saying regardless of what this tourny it is he would be playing in it anyway, i would think the idea of 1 native player would be to stop people just going and randomly recruiting 2 native players.  But if it is more towards balance of all the teams then i get why u make LaPache a native player....

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
Team application:

Captain Steam Link:
Team Name + TAG: Schwarze Garde 2Lr_SG_Name
Roster:
Player 1 | RP name - GUID
Player 3 | RP name - GUID
Player 4 | RP name - GUID

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
mmmmm, it doesnt make a massive difference but imo Lapache is as much an NW player as any other, attends all my events, tournies everything u name it. 

Kind of like tardet was saying regardless of what this tourny it is he would be playing in it anyway, i would think the idea of 1 native player would be to stop people just going and randomly recruiting 2 native players.  But if it is more towards balance of all the teams then i get why u make LaPache a native player....

Essentially as Tardet said, if LP is counted as an NW player then you basically have to count me and Maxime as NW players too by the same criteria. In balance terms, that means it's possible for a team to use LP and Maxime as swords and for another team to theoretically use myself and Arni as swords. That creates a pretty big divide between what any other NW team can field in terms of sword players.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline LaPache

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Spoiler
How are you gonna enforce who is "main" native players and who isn't

For me, for example, I haven't played native active since the last WNL. After that I mostly played NW.
But I will be declared a main native player anyway or not?

The rule is intended to stop teams from stacking 2 Native sword players, as it gives the NW teams with connections to Native players a big advantage over those that don't have such connections. Whether teams being able to field multiple Native sword players is actually bad thing or not is a different matter entirely.

In the context of this tournament you are counted as a Native player. If I don't count you as one, then by the same logic you could say I'm an NW player, or normanguy is, just because we have played more NW since the last WNL than Native. We both know that the primary reason for this is that there hasn't been a team tournament since the WNL, not because you have changed your main module.

It's definitely up for debate with a lot of players. It could be a better idea to abandon the Native player limitation entirely, as its only purpose really is to stop some teams from being too strong, but I suppose that would require a consensus that it's fine for teams to use whichever players they can get their hands on.
[close]
Fair enough then, thanks for the explanation. If it makes the tourney more balanced then I guess it's good

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
if ur shit in nw but good in native ur a native player xd

Wursti

if ur shit in nw but good in native ur a native player xd

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile