Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - October - December term  (Read 15832 times)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
NA Community Rep Post - October - December term
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:14:39 am »
April-June
Hey everyone thanks for voting me back in.

Week 1:

The community is still going strong which is honestly amazing to see after almost a decade of this. Everyone is playing bannerlord and Nws population is going down a little bit but still holding strong. congratulations to the LG for winning the recent Intercontinental League and thank you to wastee for hosting the Pit Weekly gf.

A special thank you to Copot for his Monday Event, Moraine for his Wednesday Event, Jetch & NickJ for their Friday Event, Shrooms for his Saturday Event, and Kitty for his Sunday Siege Event. Without all of you taking the time out of your days to organize and host theses events we might be bring 150+ people per events. As well as a big thank you to the countless regiments who are out there still trying to grow and give a place for people to come and enjoy public events! You've all kept the community going.

Personally I don't believe I can change the community in anyway, all I can do is give my suggestions and help hosters & regiments where I can. I recommend posting in the BBG discord if you're looking to recruit for NW or Bannerlord. We get a lot of traffic through the discord and a good amount of regiments post in our recruitment page. If you're looking to making a Bannerlord Clan then post a thread in their new board The Clan Hall If you'd like any help making one just let me know!

So for this term I will be looking to help NW regiments port over to Bannerlord, give my support to regiments to help keep up recruitment, and to event hosters if they need any help what so ever.

The Release of Bannerlord

Since bannerlord is now opened to the public and in early access a lot of regiments are porting over to the game and starting their new clans. But since at the moment we cannot buy our own servers and there are no official event servers many of course are still attending NW events. The pub events have been running on their own for a long time now and are of course very stable. I'll still reach out to them and see if they need any help with anything.

On the topic of Bannerlord it self.

I know a lot of people are hesitant to buy the game due to mix reviews. Currently everyone is having mixed results with performance, some people are having little issues and for some the game is unplayable. For those who haven't bought the game yet I will say this. If you have a low end system or are running Windows 7 don't expect to play the game very well. But You do have to find out for yourself how it'll run on your specs. You may be wondering why Windows 7? Well there have been a lot of issues with the game running on windows 7, most commonly you cannot login to multiplayer. They have released a patch which has helped some with this issue but didn't help for everyone. Low tier systems can run mulitplayer alright, myself I have an 8th gen i5U with an MX150 & 8Gbs of ram and I can run the siege gamemode (60v60) with 30-40 fps. The campaign is super buggy and isn't running well currently so I'd hold off of buying the game is that's all you want.

Taleworlds has been making really great progress since the release a few days ago. They have been reading the forum(which I highly recommend reading through) taking in a lot of bugs and glitches. They've released two patches already addressing dozens of issues. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-e1-0-2.400897/

I'd say buy the game and see how it runs and then wait for updates I know a ton of NW players have already sunk 24+ hours into the game. If you're short on money or just can't bring yourself to pay the price of a game that may not run there no problem there. Don't buy the game if you don't want to. You won't be missing out on much other than getting used to the new mechanics.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:19:35 pm by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
Re: NA Community Rep Post - April - June term
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 02:46:07 am »
yo all my homies hate jolly canadian but kian is fine
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 04:24:26 am »
Make a support group for people who can’t run bannerlord :(

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline King_Macbeth

• Second Lieutenant
  • Human.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Col_King-Macbeth
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 09:23:58 pm »
There will probably be a small shock in numbers, but honestly, I have been getting more recruits since the Bannerlord release since recruits are interested in Bannerlord but also playing the occasional NW event. I believe NW will be fine until a NW bannerlord mod comes out which will probably bring a steeper decline to this community because most of us will have to make the transition there

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:35:32 pm »
Make a support group for people who can’t run bannerlord :(
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:59:32 pm »
good luck jolly !!

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 03:07:22 am »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 06:10:55 am »
I've updated my page. Lots of reading not that pretty :D. Off I made any errors I wrote it late as always and this time with one eye!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:42:01 am by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 11:16:01 am »
Hey everyone thanks for voting my back in.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 05:24:44 pm »
Hey everyone thanks for voting my back in.

I swear I have dyslexia. But my back  is the largest part of my body so it kinda works

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 10:13:50 pm »
So for this term I will be looking to help NW regiments port over to Bannerlord, give my support to regiments to help keep up recruitment, and to event hosters if they need any help what so ever.
say no to bannerlord! keep NW community here!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:48:00 am »
I'm personally not a fan of Bannerlord. I just find it too clunky for it to be enjoyable for me ;/

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 06:48:45 pm »
I'm personally not a fan of Bannerlord. I just find it too clunky for it to be enjoyable for me ;/
I'd agree with you if it was still early beta. Personally I find the melee to be fairly smooth. it's a new system but still feels like the old one for the most part.

|Viper|

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 07:00:00 pm »
Join BoA.

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile