Author Topic: Elsse and Python's Tournament - 4v4 - 1st. OldGuard | 2nd. TZ0 | 3rd. Bully  (Read 18188 times)

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Elsse and Python's Tournament - 4v4 Tournament - 8th of March [18/20]
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2020, 11:04:44 pm »
Spoiler
map changes mid round

rOuNd VoId

elsse just cuz u hate tzo and want them to lose u decide to void that round? it isn't fair to give it default to any team either, why not just continue with the same people dead that were dead before the map switched? tzo were 4v2, we were 4v3 - how is it fair to change that into two 4v4s? especially as our match score was 4 - 4. braindead decision making based on the fact u wanted tzo to lose.
A complete void is fairest, otherwise the team with the advantage is so much stronger as they get to reset where they are stood... Whereas people in the team with less people might have been about to get a kill anyway and make it even numbers... If that makes sense? It does in my head anyway

Spoiler
[close]
we were killing another player too, had them in a corner and about to win the round.

map changes mid round

rOuNd VoId

elsse just cuz u hate tzo and want them to lose u decide to void that round? it isn't fair to give it default to any team either, why not just continue with the same people dead that were dead before the map switched? tzo were 4v2, we were 4v3 - how is it fair to change that into two 4v4s? especially as our match score was 4 - 4. braindead decision making based on the fact u wanted tzo to lose.
We discusses this when it happened in tournaments before, it's always been the decision to void the round completely if this stupid mistake happens. It won't be changed, always void if this happens.

interesting that you say that because I recall a sword tournament (was either with chimpz or pb) where the map changed during a round and you wanted to continue from where it was rather than void it. doesn't matter if that is the precedent, it is not fair in a module where getting a pick makes it easy to continue with the advantage and win the round.
[close]

Ellse doesnt hate Tz0, he even changed the tourney rules to let Tz0 go through the groupstages, so Tz0 definitly cant complain this tournament. Cyoks can massively critize the tourney though. Also if you choose to follow challonge cazadores should have gotten the 1st place. Also lets not play the tourney on the only server in nw where i get 100 ping for some reason!

Wursti

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2020, 11:10:17 pm »
elsse didnt change anything for TZ0

Its normal that the direct comparison is worth more than the points and it has been like that since the start so he wouldve changed stuff if cyoks wouldve gone through

also can u autists stop crying after literally every tournament like wtf its the same everytime

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:13 pm »
elsse didnt change anything for TZ0

Its normal that the direct comparison is worth more than the points and it has been like that since the start so he wouldve changed stuff if cyoks wouldve gone through

also can u autists stop crying after literally every tournament like wtf its the same everytime

I talked to Elsse before the groupstages where done and he clearly said "First look at the points, if thats even then look at the individual match". and its like that in every tourney, also in sports. have steam logs but cant post them here.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2020, 11:16:32 pm »
Ngl I don't know why everyone has an issue with the way this tournament has gone. I think its been the smoothest tournament I've ever been a part of.

Offline Artista.

• Captain
  • Ex. 47th, 66th, 85e, 15thYR, Nr12, K-KA,92nd Gren.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~Artista~
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2020, 11:19:58 pm »
Ngl I don't know why everyone has an issue with the way this tournament has gone. I think its been the smoothest tournament I've ever been a part of.
vegi is literally the worst of the worst in this community.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2020, 11:20:30 pm »

don't know why you don't have an issue when cyoks should have gone through instead of tzo, you guys had more points than them in the bracket
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Wursti

« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2020, 11:21:25 pm »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2020, 11:22:06 pm »
The tournament was well run, but if there is any more tournaments which I seriously hope there isn't. I don't want to see Mightypain style brackets again with tourny final matches being played in quarters and semis thanks.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2020, 11:23:37 pm »
The tournament was well run, but if there is any more tournaments which I seriously hope there isn't. I don't want to see Mightypain style brackets again with tourny final matches being played in quarters and semis thanks.
You host golden, oh mighty wise one

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2020, 11:23:45 pm »

don't know why you don't have an issue when cyoks should have gone through instead of tzo, you guys had more points than them in the bracket

Yeah we should have. But we haven't. Not much point in moaning about it now. Final and Bronze match are underway. I'm sure they aren't going to replay all the matches and change the outcome of the tournament because I moan on FSE. I contested the bracket results at the time. But nothing came of it. Nothing I can do now.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2020, 11:25:24 pm »
You host golden, oh mighty wise one
I had to host almost every MP tournament after he left and I can tell you those brackets WERE RIGGED.

Elsse and python actually made it seriously hard for either of their respected teams to advance, with bagins team, caza, og and bully in quarters which is a clear seeding issue.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:26:56 pm by Golden. »

Offline Hypno

• First Lieutenant
  • ENG 2015, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 | Buttery Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2020, 11:27:51 pm »

Yeah we should have. But we haven't. Not much point in moaning about it now. Final and Bronze match are underway. I'm sure they aren't going to replay all the matches and change the outcome of the tournament because I moan on FSE. I contested the bracket results at the time. But nothing came of it. Nothing I can do now.

It would have been unprofessional to change how the brackets worked mid-tournament, regardless of if it had been setup incorrectly.
GG to everybody who played in it. Was a great match to watch and surely an incredibly intense one to play. Hypnos beginner luck turned it around.
get out of here jack i wanna cum

Offline Hypno

• First Lieutenant
  • ENG 2015, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 | Buttery Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2020, 11:31:32 pm »
I'd like to apologize to everybody who has been disappointed, well, basically 90% of the players I guess. Remember that I'm not the only host.
Many things happened, from the fact that Coco delayed a group for 30 minutes for no apparent reason and that the refs who were taking group C didn't told me at all until I ask at the end of my groupstage "How is going on Group C ?". Then the restart of the server 2 who apparently ruined the group of Mage's Guild, apologize, server 2 was supposed to be correctly set up as Wursti told me. It isn't his fault tho. And last point, the bracket problem which might be the most important one. I tried to rectify this as it is, normally, decided with the points but the fact is that every referees began to play their matches as soon as they came on the server and everytime I was asking something to Python/he was asking something to me he was taking so many time or needed my confirmation to post it in the chat which led to the point that it was even more too late to rearrange the things up. I effectively tried and most of the people disagreed, so I let it as it was.
For my first tournament I expected the things not to be perfect, obviously, but I have to recognize that it was diappointing.
Many mistakes were done and obviously I'm forced to understand your disappointment as it is logical.

I've seen fish with broader shoulders than you.
GG to everybody who played in it. Was a great match to watch and surely an incredibly intense one to play. Hypnos beginner luck turned it around.
get out of here jack i wanna cum

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2020, 11:32:50 pm »
elsse might need one of those heart monitor things gerher had round his arm in the ger vs eng match because his stress levels were very high during this tourny  ;D

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2020, 11:33:35 pm »
I'd like to apologize to everybody who has been disappointed, well, basically 90% of the players I guess. Remember that I'm not the only host.
Many things happened, from the fact that Coco delayed a group for 30 minutes for no apparent reason and that the refs who were taking group C didn't told me at all until I ask at the end of my groupstage "How is going on Group C ?". Then the restart of the server 2 who apparently ruined the group of Mage's Guild, apologize, server 2 was supposed to be correctly set up as Wursti told me. It isn't his fault tho. And last point, the bracket problem which might be the most important one. I tried to rectify this as it is, normally, decided with the points but the fact is that every referees began to play their matches as soon as they came on the server and everytime I was asking something to Python/he was asking something to me he was taking so many time or needed my confirmation to post it in the chat which led to the point that it was even more too late to rearrange the things up. I effectively tried and most of the people disagreed, so I let it as it was.
For my first tournament I expected the things not to be perfect, obviously, but I have to recognize that it was diappointing.
Many mistakes were done and obviously I'm forced to understand your disappointment as it is logical.

I've seen fish with broader shoulders than you.
He's french what u expect....

Jokes aside, elsse relax mate... Most people would have made the same decisions.... Theres a lot of new referees about at the minute and unfortunately the only way to run a tourny smoothly is strictly....