Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 3 | Finals  (Read 45162 times)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 26th August : Semi-Finals
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2019, 09:59:39 pm »
What I caught of the last couple of rounds from the match yesterday looked excellent! Rare to see such a coordinated fight at 80v80 - Well played to both!

Match week: Semi-Final
Participants: 1ste3rdN VS The Old Guard
Involved classes: Inf, Cav, Skirms/Lights
Date/Time: 15/09/2019 19:00 UK Time
Referee #1: Needed
Referee #2: Needed

Nr4 was not involved in this agreement; we won't make it on sunday. Maybe i missed the rule but what happens when one coalition cannot bring Cavalry?

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2019, 10:24:38 pm »
What I caught of the last couple of rounds from the match yesterday looked excellent! Rare to see such a coordinated fight at 80v80 - Well played to both!

Nr4 was not involved in this agreement; we won't make it on sunday. Maybe i missed the rule but what happens when one coalition cannot bring Cavalry?
In one of our matches we just waited for like 20 minutes for the enemy cav to call like 5 members and cav 5 invites. So maybe you can do the same?

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2019, 10:41:35 pm »
We have a CCL Match on this day so we won't be able to attend two Events.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2019, 10:43:43 pm »
We have a CCL Match on this day so we won't be able to attend two Events.
Apologies I may have posted this pre-emptively - I had thought the Nr4 and 59th were free so that held good odds the date would be fine but if the date is not good for the team then apologies for jumping the gun! Will speak to 59th x

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2019, 10:53:01 pm »

In one of our matches we just waited for like 20 minutes for the enemy cav to call like 5 members and cav 5 invites. So maybe you can do the same?

We won’t do the same, but thanks for your innovative comment!

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2019, 12:21:02 am »
The match was alright but it didn't feel as intense as our last one sadly. I agree with the rule breaking comment. Both us and the FC were guilty of FiC, though from when I was spectating I think we were the ones doing it 'more often'. When us and the FC were FiCingit, it was because our opposing heavy cavalry had smacked into eachothers infantry which just caused confusion. Multiple people in our teamspeak were legitimately asking 'are we in melee?!' when there was cavalry riding around, it's really really confusing.

I think both of our cavalry units were devastating when used against opposing infantry which made both sides scared of doing something risky. I knew to expect strong FC cavalry, but I wasn't expecting it to be seemingly much better than our own! Our cavalry disadvantage forced us to fight in unfamiliar territory.

So, my compliments to the French heavy cavalry. I've seen you annihilate regiments in the matches I've refereed and you were indeed the most difficult thing for us to contend with by far.

We was really glad to play with a great 45e that brought 16 guys for the Final. But these reinforcements were not enough against our opponents. We played against a strong team that played in a coordinated manner with its members. The tactic of our opponents was simple and effective : Putting our cavalry out. My riders were constantly harassed by the enemy's infantry. While I was hiding my horsemen a little too far from our infantry, the enemy took the opportunity to carry out deadly charges against our troops. Our biggest weapon, our cavalry, had become impossible to use properly. Obviously, the enemy cavalry was always close to its line infantry, thus preventing a face-to-face between the two cavalry. Or a deadly charge against an infantry a little too far from the rest of the group.
In pure Skill, the The Cool Casuals is probably weaker than us. But the Coordination, the tactic , the preparation of the match and the lead of El presidente was overwhelmingly superior. I admit it without shame. We discussed the game after the match. This energy put into preparing and setting up the match really surprised me! I am happy to have lost against a team that really took this match and this competition seriously and, despite some discrepancies in the rules, they totally deserve victory and therefore 3rd place in the tournament!

Well played guys and Good luck for the future!
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Kieran

• Sergeant Major
  • Successfully couped the 19th off Pres!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »
The match was alright but it didn't feel as intense as our last one sadly. I agree with the rule breaking comment. Both us and the FC were guilty of FiC, though from when I was spectating I think we were the ones doing it 'more often'. When us and the FC were FiCingit, it was because our opposing heavy cavalry had smacked into eachothers infantry which just caused confusion. Multiple people in our teamspeak were legitimately asking 'are we in melee?!' when there was cavalry riding around, it's really really confusing.

I think both of our cavalry units were devastating when used against opposing infantry which made both sides scared of doing something risky. I knew to expect strong FC cavalry, but I wasn't expecting it to be seemingly much better than our own! Our cavalry disadvantage forced us to fight in unfamiliar territory.

So, my compliments to the French heavy cavalry. I've seen you annihilate regiments in the matches I've refereed and you were indeed the most difficult thing for us to contend with by far.

We was really glad to play with a great 45e that brought 16 guys for the Final. But these reinforcements were not enough against our opponents. We played against a strong team that played in a coordinated manner with its members. The tactic of our opponents was simple and effective : Putting our cavalry out. My riders were constantly harassed by the enemy's infantry. While I was hiding my horsemen a little too far from our infantry, the enemy took the opportunity to carry out deadly charges against our troops. Our biggest weapon, our cavalry, had become impossible to use properly. Obviously, the enemy cavalry was always close to its line infantry, thus preventing a face-to-face between the two cavalry. Or a deadly charge against an infantry a little too far from the rest of the group.
In pure Skill, the The Cool Casuals is probably weaker than us. But the Coordination, the tactic , the preparation of the match and the lead of El presidente was overwhelmingly superior. I admit it without shame. We discussed the game after the match. This energy put into preparing and setting up the match really surprised me! I am happy to have lost against a team that really took this match and this competition seriously and, despite some discrepancies in the rules, they totally deserve victory and therefore 3rd place in the tournament!

Well played guys and Good luck for the future!

Your Cav was definitely a problem for us and we knew if you used it effectively it was destroy us so taking your cavalry out of the game was our best bet of victory. As i was leading the 19th line i had to tell the lads to focus and you as i knew your cavalry was superior to ours and make victory more possible. Putting the odd FIC issues out of the way, Id say it was overall a very good and intense game and well done to our opponents and especially there Cavalry. Probably the most effective cavalry Ive seen for line battles (as alll cav sweats go hussars for 1v1's).

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2019, 04:45:55 pm »
Hussars has been the main class for probably more than 90% of the cavalry regiments over the years yet there is nothing like heavy cavalry to cut down a line of infantry like a knife through butter. On top of that, when that regiment is made of some of the most experienced and skilled heavy cavalry players left in the community, it's no big surprise to see them performing that well and be such a burden for the enemy team.

Congratz on the Cool Casuals for finding an effective counter to it and claiming the third place, was definitely easier said than done.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2019, 08:42:13 pm »
Hussars has been the main class for probably more than 90% of the cavalry regiments over the years yet there is nothing like heavy cavalry to cut down a line of infantry like a knife through butter. On top of that, when that regiment is made of some of the most experienced and skilled heavy cavalry players left in the community, it's no big surprise to see them performing that well and be such a burden for the enemy team.

Congratz on the Cool Casuals for finding an effective counter to it and claiming the third place, was definitely easier said than done.
Heavy cav op!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Kieran

• Sergeant Major
  • Successfully couped the 19th off Pres!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2019, 03:55:34 pm »

Heavy cav op!

When used properly like how the 10pk and how we use it in linebattles, i would defo agree with you.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2019, 12:54:01 pm »
There's nothing more hateful for me than heavy cav, if people use it properly. 19th and 10pk are here good examples of having good heavy cav.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »

Heavy cav op!

When used properly like how the 10pk and how we use it in linebattles, i would defo agree with you.
I would only say defo need to dismount in all charge IMO
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Romulus76

• Alpha Tester
  • Minisiege & EU_Commander - Community Manager
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2019, 01:43:19 pm »
This was the first tournament / competitve type thing the 1stEB have done in a long time, and I can say a thoroughly enjoyed it. Hats off to the 19th for bringing the majority of our coalition, but this event certainly helped our own attendance and we even reached 20 people again at one point, we usually sit around 10-15. Certainly not our past attendances of 50+, but it's something haha. Cheers for the great time and for the challenging linebattles against the regiments we fought with, especially the 33rd in the first match we did - we got decimated due to not knowing what we were getting ourselves into!

Thanks so much to the 33rd for hosting this and allowing us in, as I am well aware what the majority of people think of my regiment  ::) I hope this might have changed some peoples opinions on us, that we aren't always trolls.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »

Heavy cav op!

I would only say defo need to dismount in all charge IMO
The rule for staying mounted was left in with the idea that it would motivate lines/lights (90% of a teams units) to push and engage enemy cavalry prior to any all-charge, which are usually called because of camping. This of course falls down when one teams cavalry is superior to the other where one team will be more motivated to camp and keep their cavalry safe. The alternative however of forcing the Cavalry to dismount in the all-charge encourages the cavalry to commit themselves, but they of course only make up 10-15% of a team so figured the former option would be a better deterrent to camping.

Thanks for the kind words Gretel and for participating from start to finish :D

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2019, 11:22:12 pm »
Date/Time: 22/09/2019 19:00 UK Time

Apologies for the delay on this, just unfortunate set of circumstances - just this match and a final to go :)