Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 3 | Finals  (Read 45251 times)

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 12th August : Match-week 4
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2019, 08:59:02 pm »
The Cool Casuals 4:0 The Good, the Bad & the Timed-out

A good match with fine shooting and melee, melee for sure. A couple of instances of Fic/FoL and a few RiC on CR Rifles and OA from both sides. I would say it went all decent a lot of complaining tho. If you people dont like certain rules please dont shout them in the event or at me, give a notification to kincaid or any other maker of this league they can do more then me.

Offline Kaiserinio

• Corporal
  • No. 1 Polak, Vizir of janissaries also a Pope
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2019, 12:22:09 am »
There were some juicy cav engages, and huge mele fights. pretty good match in my opinion. Also gg for both teams.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 22nd July : Match-week 1
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »
GardeKorps 3 - 1 The French Coalition

Well played to both teams and thankyou for the 2Lr's understanding by dropping so many players to spec to achieve balance. The match was highly active with a great deal of close ranged shooting and the superb cav on both teams made for some incredibly long and difficult cavalry charges! There were some minimal issues with FiC, mainly around light infantry but most if not all offences were remedied with revives. Should any side wish to appeal any rounds please get in contact with me or Kaiser.

Offline Ipoa

• First Lieutenant
  • Wenn die guten nicht Fechten, siegen die Schlechte
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Oberst_Ipoa
  • Side: Union
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2019, 11:08:24 pm »
We spoke with the French Coalition (Leaders) and there will be no Rematch! I am very sorry for the FC but it was a hard Match for us, many ppl had to spec or leave and most of my guys, the same for the Nr13, are angry with the whole thing. If we start a Rematch i am afraid i cant bring the minimum numbers! From our side both Teams had a few Rulebreaks (as it is in every match i think) but the biggest part of the Match was ok and we Won it within playing by the Rules. Last round was a mistake by FC but it was their fault - Sorry!
I wanna say at tghis point that the 2Lr had NO INVITES at this Match, we brought about 80 ppl to the battlefield and there was not a single Invite in our Regiment. I am not 100% Sure about the Nr13 but i did not see a Single one at least. I can not say the same about our enemy. Their cav was very strong and i think a lot of guys Invited there. Maybe this is not the Spirit of this event. I am looking forward and we have for the knockoutrounds a better Rule for this invite thingy.

Anyways i wanna say GG WP in capital Letters because the fight was close and hard. Very intense and took for sure a few years of my life ;) It was Fun and we are Happy to reach the next round. A big respect to the French ppl for giving us a very hard Fight, French guys are really Strong and everyone should not underestimate them!

Also sorry for my English, its for sure not the best - my apologies for that.

A happy Colonel from the 2Lr ;)
gezeichnet:

Offline Kaiserinio

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:44 am »
I wanna say at this point that the 2Lr had NO INVITES at this Match, we brought about 80 ppl to the battlefield and there was not a single Invite in our Regiment. I am not 100% Sure about the Nr13 but i did not see a Single one at least. I can not say the same about our enemy. Their cav was very strong and i think a lot of guys Invited there. Maybe this is not the Spirit of this event. I am looking forward and we have for the knockoutrounds a better Rule for this invite thingy.

To adress the problem of invites, they are allowed simply due to fact that not all regs can provide their full strenght for all of the events (you had example in todays match), and bringing them allows oposite teams to get most of their men on the battlefield. I do not support the extensive usage of invites because that really might disturb the idea of Regiments fighting each other in ther groups, but as i've stated above i also do not see problem with getting additional men into the meat grinder, if they are no more then eg. 20 % of a line. I also support the idea of  clarifying the rules for inviting.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2019, 09:51:58 am »
As i did in most matches i reffed. I stated to myself i would only adress it if any team has more then 5 invites. I think 5 is already quite a lot. But sins its allowed 5 is a decent number, but 20% of line is WAY to much.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2019, 10:35:26 am »
True, 5 invites, 1 per company is ok, even better if the invites dont play in any other team. But just 3 ppl of a 15 men line is too much in my opinion.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2019, 11:21:21 am »
Their cav was very strong and i think a lot of guys Invited there. Maybe this is not the Spirit of this event. I am looking forward and we have for the knockoutrounds a better Rule for this invite thingy.

For the record, the DLC is a mix of some of the strongest and most experienced heavy cavalry players in the community. While it's true that certain of their players are double regimenting (which is not necessarily covered by the rules) or that they may used invites from time to time (I wasn't there yesterday evening but I already saw it happening in previous matches) they would still remain a deadly force to contain with, even without these particular players.

With that being said, I understand the general concern about invites and while I appreciate the current approach of the organisation to not be too strict about it, it indeeds seems like more and more people are worried about it so it's a good thing Kaide is willing to deal with in a more serious manner. Just remember that coalitions are between 100 and 200 members strong and that keeping an eyes on more than a thousand players without a ID system will likely end-up in a honest struggle. Being understanding and showing patience towards the adminstration of such an event is definitely the best approach you can chose to opt for.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Ipoa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2019, 01:47:07 pm »
As i already told Kincaide, we accepted the Rules and we will finish this Championship by playing Within the Rules. I think IT is/was OK as it was but maybe now we only have 4 remaining coalitions and 4 remaining Fights. It maybe now is possible to have a better look for invites. I think skitty is right, 5 invites is already a large Number maybe IT can be something Like 1 invite per 12 Players or 1 invite per Regiment/unit at the field (yes thats also very much but maybe IT IS something WE all can Deal With). OFC without id ITS hard to overwatch this but i hope that the remaining Regiments are willing to follows the Rules on their own.
As i already Said WE will continue this Championship and IT doesnt Matter If there are rulechanges or Not. Also If the Admins are Going on to allow invites WE will stay and Fight!
Maybe the FC had No "invites" maybe These Guys are in this Regiment by Double claning and IT IS Not forbidden by the Rules. It was Not my opinion to Attack Simeone With my Posting i Just wanted to Say that the 2Lr has No invites and IT IS forbidden to doubleclan in our Regiment.

Again sorry for my English and my typing but i wrote IT on my Mobile Phone and the autocorrect maybe Changed some words and the Letters 😅 🤭
gezeichnet:

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2019, 02:10:42 pm »
Already spoken on the subject of invites a page or two ago and the actions we are taking going forward.

Just to clarify as there may be some confusion - there are two brackets of knockouts, a lower and upper; 1st and 2nd place will be claimed in the upper and 3rd claimed by the winner of the lower bracket. This is to offer incentive for those in the lower bracket to continue play, against regiments of more similar standing.

Due to the even scoring of GBT & 1ste3rdN we'll unfortunately have to randomize the seeding of the upper bracket. Just one more match to play of the group-stage (for which this Wednesday 21st has been pencilled in) and then we will be able to press on with the knock-outs! :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:13:30 pm by 33rdKincaid »

Offline Kaiserinio

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2019, 07:06:07 pm »
Since subject of invites requires to be put in simple way, im gonna present a project of new rule regarding the invites.

Based on single team numbers, they can bring:
- 50-59 (+3 invites)
-  60-69 (+4 invites)
-  70+  (+5 invites)

Also considering that couple good players can change the outcome of mele engage, i would also limit the number of invites per regiment/company to 1 (depending on internal structure of regiment). That solution would give us max 5 invites, without increasing the strenght of reg too much. On top of that, if reg reps will agree there might be possibility of adding more then 1 inv to reg, but thats only for special cases.

As always i'm open for discussion and applying changes to this project, because we wont make it live without agreement from all participants. Also i think this should be implemented with next stage in tournament.

P. S. Yes it is based on attendance rule, but i think it's fair.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:12:22 pm by Kaiserinio »

Offline Ipoa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2019, 08:13:40 pm »
This is looking very good. I am accepting it!
gezeichnet:

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:02 pm »
Match week: 4
Participants: The Old Guard vs The Central Powers
Involved classes: Line/Lights/Cav
Date/Time: 21/08/2019
Referee #1: Needed
Referee #2: Needed

Offline Smokey_6147

• Private
  • 59th Guardsman ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2019, 10:08:47 pm »
Match week: 4
Participants: The Old Guard vs The Central Powers
Involved classes: Line/Lights/Cav
Date/Time: 21/08/2019
Referee #1: Needed
Referee #2: Needed

ill admin this

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2019, 08:00:41 am »
Already spoken on the subject of invites a page or two ago and the actions we are taking going forward.

Just to clarify as there may be some confusion - there are two brackets of knockouts, a lower and upper; 1st and 2nd place will be claimed in the upper and 3rd claimed by the winner of the lower bracket. This is to offer incentive for those in the lower bracket to continue play, against regiments of more similar standing.

Due to the even scoring of GBT & 1ste3rdN we'll unfortunately have to randomize the seeding of the upper bracket. Just one more match to play of the group-stage (for which this Wednesday 21st has been pencilled in) and then we will be able to press on with the knock-outs! :D

I'm very sorry but i really cannot understand why you want random matches for the upper bracket. If you cannot determine 1st and 2nd place of Group A just let the winner of Group B decide who they want to fight in the semi finals. Randomizing matches would be unfair and would destroy the typical advantage of the 1st place of the groupstages. That's at least my point of view.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:10:33 am by Octanidas »